• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portugal/spain trip 2024 (need Portugal clothing store recs)

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have 2 kids in tow (7/3) and plan to go summer of 2024. We have been to Spain several times (including San Sebastian a few times). Couple of key assumptions:

1) We want our end point of the trip to finish up in SS. We'd like to spend 3-4 days before headed home (DC area) via Madrid.
2) We will begin our trip by flying to Lisbon.

In between, this means we'll have about 6 days in Portugal. From what I've gathered, that time frame gives you 2 possible itineraries:

- The first option is to spend a couple days in Lisbon, do a day trip to Sintra and possibly go to Porto.
- The second option is to spend a couple days in Lisbon and the rest of the time in the Algarve coast (Faro, maybe Lagos).

Lastly, given we’ll be in Portugal, are there any must see clothing stores in Portugal?

Thanks!

FPB

Reaction score
When I was in Portugal 3 years ago I noticed several clothing brands that I'd never heard of (and all seemed like fairly good quality). The distribution was very fragmented, so i.e. you're going to need to try several stores to find what you want. Very highly recommend Sintra! I went to Lagos too. If you go there make sure to go to Ponta da Piedade during sunset!

podz

Reaction score
Lisbon: ISTO, rua Trinidade.
Casualwear made in Portugal, I believe.

Yep. I just bought (mail order) 3 pairs of chinos from ISTO (light khaki, navy and walnut) as I was not able to find 100% cotton chinos anywhere else in Europe. I just don't do stretch pants, so I had to go with these. They also meet my other criteria if "no visible labels". Their customer service is also quite amazing, I must say, very friendly and helpful.

Two things to note about their pants, especially if you mail order:

1. They are vanity-sized, so order one size smaller than your measured waist size. I currently wear 32 waist (Levi's 501s as the measuring stick here), but had to return and exchange the W32 chinos for W30. The 32s were quite loose around my waist.

2. The upper calves are _incredibly_ slim, so if you have Scottish highlander / Viking genes then they might not fit. The upper part of the pants fit me comfortably, including the thighs, but the calves had like 2 millimetres to spare. Seriously. That means that I probably can't wash them until I lose 5-10 lbs or I won't be able to get my calves into them.

Summary: recommended with caveats, I will buy from them again.

Mirror_Mau

Reaction score
Hi! I've been in Lisbon, Portugal since February and will continue staying for quite a while. Also looking for good menswear clothing stores, as I barely found one or two that I'm happy with.

For now I can only recommend a socks brand/shop named Pedemeia, which is 100% made in Portugal and they offer products of 100%wool, cashmere, Fil d'Ecosse, over the calf and so on at a very competitive price, especially compared with British counterparts. They have retail shops around the city but their website gives max availability of styles and sizes. I ordered online once and the packaging is amazing which I'll put it here:
DSC_0814.JPG

Another shop I'd like to mention is one named Camisaria Machado, which offers made-to-measure shirts. They receive orders online and also have a shop for fitting/measurement in Lisbon. I don't have experience with it for now but will try out someday.

There is one called Wickett Jones which is a all-in-one brand that offers almost everything of menswear. I personally think it's not so featuring...and one called John Tweed Tailored which appears a smaller version of Wickett Jones.

I'd appreciate gents who may share more info about clothing in Lisbon : )

podz

Reaction score
Hi! I've been in Lisbon, Portugal since February and will continue staying for quite a while. Also looking for good menswear clothing stores, as I barely found one or two that I'm happy with.

For now I can only recommend a socks brand/shop named Pedemeia, which is 100% made in Portugal and they offer products of 100%wool, cashmere, Fil d'Ecosse, over the calf and so on at a very competitive price, especially compared with British counterparts. They have retail shops around the city but their website gives max availability of styles and sizes. I ordered online once and the packaging is amazing which I'll put it here:
View attachment 2009165
Another shop I'd like to mention is one named Camisaria Machado, which offers made-to-measure shirts. They receive orders online and also have a shop for fitting/measurement in Lisbon. I don't have experience with it for now but will try out someday.

There is one called Wickett Jones which is a all-in-one brand that offers almost everything of menswear. I personally think it's not so featuring...and one called John Tweed Tailored which appears a smaller version of Wickett Jones.

I'd appreciate gents who may share more info about clothing in Lisbon : )

Thanks for this! I will definitely be making an order from Pedemeia this evening. Shipping to Finland is usually very fast and no extra taxes or import fees since both countries are in the EU.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads