• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I demand razor-sharp analysis and erudite observations.

Failing that, cheap snark will do.

its here.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Who the hell is "PooBear?" And why do you always talk like I'm not in the room? It's like middle school all over again, when even the teachers made fun of me.

PooBear? Your father. iammatt > MattyPoo > PooBear (bear being an honorific for subcranial hirsutism).

Did you know that social popularity in pre-collegiate schooling is a more deterministic predictor of success than years of university education?

Just thought I would toss that out there because of all the big braniacs on this forvm lording it over the common man.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Did you know that social popularity in pre-collegiate schooling is a more deterministic predictor of success than years of university education?

Then I'm royally f*cked.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Just thought I would toss that out there because of all the big braniacs on this forvm lording it over the common man.

I will keep this in mind the next time I post a photo of myself about to eat caviar.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
So that time I was at Harvard was meaningless?

And I was literally only there one time.

I would keep this fact under wraps lest the Cambridge police arrest you in your home.

This would entail a beer or two with the Prez, and that ruins your StyleForvm street cred, which I know is important to you.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Then I'm royally f*cked.

Take comfort in the fact that you are far from the only one on Teh StyleForvm for whom this is true.

There's vindication in numbers, and maybe...just maybe...pride.

- B

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grazie mille, Vox
smile.gif

UpperWestie

Reaction score
FWIW - I am really enjoying the discussion on this week's Digest. What makes this place interesting for me is the tangibility of it all, and the most appealing posts are the ones that combine that reality with a little bit of fantasy. The posts with the best stories are the most impressive - from the quality of PG's pictorials to Il Vecchio's face that tells a thousand stories.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I am an outlier. I was popular in pre-collegiate schooling.
I have degrees from two elite universities, one Ivy. Served for
five years in the Foreign Service. Yet, I am not particularly
successful. At least, in the sense that I cannot afford bespoke
clothing and shoes.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
I guess I am an outlier. I was popular in pre-collegiate schooling.
I have degrees from two elite universities, one Ivy. Served for
five years in the Foreign Service.
Yet, I am not particularly
successful. At least, in the sense that I cannot afford bespoke
clothing and shoes.

Unless it's the military or Governor of Alaska, government service is generally unfortunate for the realization of the benefits of pre-collegiate social popularity.

- B

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
This is a silly direction for thread to take. PG has no lack of resources -- how many wardrobes has he tossed in the last two years? But that doesn't mean one can't dress well on a budget. How much PG spends, and how much Foo spends, and on what, is no one's business but their own.

I agree that you can dress pretty damn well on a budget. Of all the times I've been in this thread, most of the fits I'm in have a total price of less than $300 if you exclude shoes. You can get away with cheaper shoes as well. I'm still in the process of upgrading, but I'm a teacher in practically a third world country (sorry Korea, you're not Japan no matter how much you say you are). I'm definitely the opposite of rich, and I'm probably one of the youngest people here (I'm 23).

wetnose

Reaction score
I know, children are starving in Africa, and I alone amongst all others should feel guilty for my conspicuous consumption.

Yeah, even if you limited your budget to $100, guess what? The children would STILL be starving.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikki90