1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

great digest Agent 5. thanks for the add [​IMG]

2. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Again, props to 5 for the great choices - he really went all out to select a diverse range of styles.

3. barims

barims Senior member

Oh yes, thanks for the double inclusion

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Wasn't thinking that a first shot at a turtleneck while dying from lack of sleep would be a best either, but I like surprises.

The colours & fit were great; I can definitely see why it was included. Sleep deprivation is clearly inspirational!

Maybe we can ask obs to do another week? [​IMG]

5. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

More nice comments - thanks guys! Glad you liked the selection.

Maybe we can ask obs to do another week? [​IMG]
    Actually, in the spirit of MoK's suggestion that we switch guest editorship to a regular poster with a contrasting style at the end of each tenure, I was rather wondering if you might be interested to take a turn?

Pending official Vox-approval, obviously. [​IMG]

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Actually, in the spirit of MoK's suggestion that we switch guest editorship to a regular poster with a contrasting style at the end of each tenure, I was rather wondering if you might be interested to take a turn?

Pending official Vox-approval, obviously. [​IMG]

Sometimes I should just keep my gob shut and keep my foot out of it.

But I should have a bit of extra time this week anyway, as it happens, and it looks like fun, so if the vox & the masses approve of the choice, I'd be happy to give it a twirl!

7. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Sometimes I should just keep my gob shut and keep my foot out of it.

But I should have a bit of extra time this week anyway, as it happens, and it looks like fun, so if the vox & the masses approve of the choice, I'd be happy to give it a twirl!

Excellent! Can't wait to see the results. [​IMG]

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

so if the vox & the masses approve of the choice, I'd be happy to give it a twirl!

I approve!

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I will try to do you all proud... [​IMG]

11. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

We, the masses, have faith in you...

12. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Obs, very nice job on last week's digest. Looking forward to see what HF brings.

13. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Obs, very nice job on last week's digest. Looking forward to see what HF brings.

+1. Looking forward to your magic, HF.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Weekly Unfair Digest for 23rd Oct thru 30th Oct

One of the most powerful things about clothing is that it can tell a story.

I think that at its best, deciding what we wear can be used to either selectively reveal or selectively disguise something of our inner selves. Style can be used as either a window or a mirror, a narrative or a filibuster. Neither is "better" than the other, as long as it's done with intent.

I've tried to pick images that to me represent that degree of focus in creating a message, whether the message is to explain or obfuscate. Sometimes two or three images told their story better when juxtaposed against each other, so forgive the editing.

Firmly believing that alcohol & blindness would aid the digest selection process, I found a suitable role model:

[​IMG]

One of the perennial highlights of WAYWRN is the close-up shot. Close-ups are brilliant fun because you really have no way of knowing if the rest of the outfit is a tour de force or a tour of duty in Afghanistan. They're the WAYWRN's flash of dainty ankle from under the crinoline.

[​IMG][​IMG]

It wouldn't be a digest without a few "SF-approved" looks. The better posters know how to work the uniform elements to their advantage, introducing personal quirks, or just plain doing it absolutely right. A few examples:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also wanted to include a few more casual outfits. I personally find casual much harder to do well than tailored clothing, so I'm always on the look out for good-looking casual outfits

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sometimes, certain regulars just have "a look" they've nailed totally. Without seeing the name, you still know exactly who they are. They've got their personal style/identity down pat, and they're totally comfortable in that zone:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, WAYWRN always provides a few more "quirky" images. All the following images brought a smile to my face, so deserved inclusion in this week's digest:

Mr Bond, my Weather Control Device will wreak havoc across the world...

[​IMG]

Weather Control Device Revealed... Rain Dancing!

[​IMG]

Looking Up for the Precipitation

[​IMG]

Better find a Giant Umbrella to take cover

[​IMG]

Evil Henchpeople Attack! No, wait, Pose First!

[​IMG]

Mr Bond is unruffled at being called in, and is my Image of the Week:

[​IMG]

And with that, the World is saved. Time for coffee...

[​IMG]

Thanks for the opportunity to do a guest slot this week! I hope you enjoyed the picks. There was a lot that I just couldn't include for space reasons, and I should probably have been more selective still.

But everything I've chosen, I genuinely enjoyed seeing in the WAYWRN thread. And that was good enough for me!

15. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

My favorite Digest to Date. Very very well done.

16. forex

forex Senior member

My favorite Digest to Date. Very very well done.
    +1,HF very good job,I really like this. Please do one more review (before Vox asks you[​IMG] ) I must say,I was opposed to an idea of guest reviewer, but it turned out pretty well.

17. KtownGreg

KtownGreg Senior member

Well done. Thank you for the work. Funny.

18. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thx for the include cap'n, nice work on the digest.

19. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Well done, good doctor! You have enought quirk to make the digest really pop this week. Thanks!

20. barims

barims Senior member

Good to have the humour re-injected into this institution like nitrous. Many thanks for the include