• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Ivy League Graduates?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Yes... but you've been among the unwashed. That's as good as having had your hands tenderized by a wood chipper. That buckeye is not getting near my one eye.
You want a Buckeye near your brown eye?
uhoh.gif
You guys admit the inferior races nowadays. You can no longer claim to be untouched by the barbarians.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
You want a Buckeye near your brown eye?
uhoh.gif

You guys admit the inferior races nowadays. You can no longer claim to be untouched by the barbarians.

1) no, I meant my ******* urethra you ****.
2) Only for entertainment, so we can watch Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker" and have someone around as reference points.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) no, I meant my ******* urethra you ****. 2) Only for entertainment, so we can watch Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker" and have someone around as reference points.
Same here! They play football and basketball.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't bother reading through this thread, but I'm willing to bet the discussion has been dominated by people who didn't go to Ivy League schools saying that the Ivies aren't all that--unless, of course, the professors at their non-Ivy schools went to Ivies.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I didn't bother reading through this thread, but I'm willing to bet the discussion has been dominated by people who didn't go to Ivy League schools saying that the Ivies aren't all that--unless, of course, the professors at your non-Ivy school went to Ivies.

.... ding ding ding

what do we have for him Bob?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
.... ding ding ding

what do we have for him Bob?

How about an Ivy League degree? I hear they're prestigious and will guarantee me millions of dollars.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How about an Ivy League degree? I hear they're prestigious and will guarantee me millions of dollars.

You're Asian. There is a 94% chance you already have one.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't bother reading through this thread, but I'm willing to bet the discussion has been dominated by people who didn't go to Ivy League schools saying that the Ivies aren't all that--unless, of course, the professors at their non-Ivy schools went to Ivies.
You're forgetting the Ivy Leaguers who imply that people without Ivy degrees will not be successful in life.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

o yea well, I know this one dude who went to Harvard and HE'S marsupialED SO EAT THAT IVY BOY!!!!!!!!!!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

Touche.

Although, there's a 100% chance, because I do
smile.gif

You're forgetting the Ivy Leaguers who imply that people without Ivy degrees will not be successful in life.

Well, somebody who thinks that is an ass; I certainly don't think that myself. But it's also ridiculous to claim there is no social, professional, or academic premium on an Ivy League degree at all.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Considering every other post from Mr. Magoofan contains "I went to Brown University," I am shocked that you were not aware of his Ivy pedigree.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, somebody who thinks that is an ass; I certainly don't think that myself. But it's also ridiculous to claim there is no social, professional, or academic premium on an Ivy League degree at all.
I agree. But that's not to say that there aren't premiums on degrees from elsewhere. It's all subjective. A degree from the University of Connecticut might get you a job over a guy with a Dartmouth degree in a particular field. Of course, if you want to flat-out argue that Ivies command more general social status than any other group of universities, I would agree. But it's a bit more nuanced.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering every other post from Mr. Magoofan contains "I went to Brown University," I am shocked that you were not aware of his Ivy pedigree.

EWWW you went to brown you must have dreadlocks and a minor in hackie sack technique.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh nvm. I was talking about real Ivies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52