• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wupper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by that girl
wr-1.jpg

Beautiful

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Breton nautical sweaters. Made in France, the "original" deal. I have the navy/white striped one and it's the bees knees....really fitted shape with narrow arms, 3 buttons along one shoulder, really soft but thick wool knit. def only wearable below 60 degrees. It's a 180 from stuff like Mr Freedom. Beret optional.
You got my attention.
Originally Posted by Rye GB
YSL x aa x APC Cure x Desert Boots (Not Clarks)
Been a while since we've seen the sweater. I remember it being more of a staple back when you had long hair.
agnes b jacket
fred perry shirt
j lindeberg wax jeans
paul smith boots

Yeah, now I remember this. **** looks ****.

TJS1589

Reaction score

messy room
Jcrew (thought i would try tucking in the shirt today)
nudie RRDG
undecided about shoes at the moment.
tounge.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^^ i dont get pics like this.

if you're gonna make an effort to shoot, upload and post a photo at least clear up the room. you dont even have to clean it, just push everything aside so it's not all cluttered in the field of the shot. and why not wait to shoot the photo til you decide what shoes to wear. baffling.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Okay, first off, thank you all for the criticism on that post and the advice that came with it.

Originally Posted by Eason
For some reason, every Caucasian who wears a red tie ends up looking like a news anchor or GOP commentator. I also find myself wondering what your measurements are. Are you in shape or out of shape? Your fit would look tons better if you had a drop from your shoulders to your waist with some waist suppression, but yours blazers always seem to fit you like an "A" instead of a "V", which isn't the most flattering look...

I measure a 40", 32" waist and I buy a 32" in jeans. As for my shape, I am out of it at the moment, and it went to all the wrong places. I am getting it off for a family wedding in March though. Lost 1/2 stone since September, which isn't bad. I'd really like my clothes to start fitting me better though.

Originally Posted by warlok1965
You look uncomfortable in your clothes, as if you are aware it doesn't work but you're not sure why.

Quite true.

Originally Posted by warlok1965
First, forget the black blazer/jeans/shirt and tie/chucks combination. It doesn't work. I know because my wife engineered a family photo a few years ago with me and the boys dressed that way and I have to see it on my wall. Although we pulled it off better than you do. And FFS don't hike up your jeans so high, man that looks uncomfortable on your package. You appear to have wide hips and chunky thighs (I do too) and that's not helping you out any. Agreed. Sex it up a bit. If I was your age I'd be dressing like a fkn pimp instead of an old fart like I do now.

I don't think i'm doing it again after that slamming. I've always had large thighs (family trait) but but they will be shrinking soon. I do need to dress my age more when I go out. Oh and I cant help having a large package
smile.gif
. (Joking aside, I'll stop.)

Me trying to look my age:
dscf0003qy8.jpg

Hopefully you can see the stacking at my ankles. Last weeks black jeans have been returned to the shop, got this slim pair from Topman instead. Shirt (also Topman) is in accordance with LA Guy's "Try something new" thread. I like it.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great fit again GetSmart.
waywt4wp5.jpg

Crate Cardigan
inlove.gif

Random Shirt
Levi's Belt (NV)
M by MJ Jeans
Cabella Chukkas
H&M M65 (Not worn in picture)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
^^^ i dont get pics like this. if you're gonna make an effort to shoot, upload and post a photo at least clear up the room. you dont even have to clean it, just push everything aside so it's not all cluttered in the field of the shot. and why not wait to shoot the photo til you decide what shoes to wear. baffling.
This is what i do. My room is an absolute mess. I try to wipe off my mirror and shove my filth to the side for pics or when a girl comes over though
laugh.gif

FredSelvage

Reaction score
Farinelli's girls represent! I'm not as fancy as That Girl, but who really is?

IMG_0850.jpg

Oh! Almost forgot:

Free People
H&M
Nudie
Minnetonka

that girl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FredSelvage
Farinelli's girls represent! I'm not as fancy as That Girl, but who really is?

IMG_0850.jpg

Love that top ... such a scandalous back! And I wish I could rock hats like you Fred.
inlove.gif

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I believe in the past I have been chastised for old-man-pants height. What I figured out after taking some pictures and pulling my pants up and down is that I have a ridiculously short torso, long arms and long legs. In the first photo without the hoodie, the corduroy's are sitting right on/around my hips. In the second one, they're pulled down slightly below the hips. I've sort of lost perspective on this I'm not quite sure which is better/best? Thoughts?

I like high pants on you. They make you look smarter.

I don't get the "that girl" fit. She looks like kitonbrioni's wife. (Not figuratively, literally, if you look at kitonbrioni's blog.)

Get Smart's new haircut makes him look less tough.

FredSelvage is great except the boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads