• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your damage?

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Spent alot of money...but on the bright side, I've spent it on better stuff than I would've without SF. I've long had an interest in clothing, but SF has introduced me to some new stuff and a few nice brands I hadn't heard of before (like Incotex, W+H etc).

Oh, and then there's the B/S forum. My bank account hates that.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
So you're bragging to people about the clothes you bought but haven't even worn yet?

Yes, money bought that.

This doesn't make sense...people are jealous because he is wearing the clothes. Why would you assume he's not wearing them?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read his post again.

Originally Posted by OCross
Ive been a member for maybe 3 days, but Ive already spent $200 on SF approved clothes.
Worth every single penny, everyone I know is jealous. Money can't buy that, style can.

He's been a member for 3 days and spent $200 on clothing that he almost certainly has not gotten yet; yet, his acquaintances are already jealous. One can conclude that he has been bragging about his yet-to-have-arrived clothing. Do you derive anything else from his post?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
He's been a member for 3 days and spent $200 on clothing that he almost certainly has not gotten yet; yet, his acquaintances are already jealous. One can conclude that he has been bragging about his yet-to-have-arrived clothing. Do you derive anything else from his post?
Haha, well I actually know Oliver, (Reppin' the DC area) and he did buy his stuff in person, and told me it was worth it for the jealous looks he was getting as his job.

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Delrium- You seriously need to upgrade your wardrobe to match what seems to be a nice outerwear collection.

Yeah I know what you mean. I just tend to see the cost for value of outerwear more favorably than other pieces. It seems a bit weird to spend $150 on BoO for a tailored jcrew or rl oxford. I'm gonna cop some boots though.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delirium
Yeah I know what you mean. I just tend to see the cost for value of outerwear more favorably than other pieces. It seems a bit weird to spend $150 on BoO for a tailored jcrew or rl oxford. I'm gonna cop some boots though.

Yeah don't bother with BoO if tailored JCrew is good enough, everyone has items that they tend to skimp on.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a matter of climate. In Florida, I don't suppose you wear outerwear much. In my area, I wear outerwear almost everyday (except hot days in the summer, but I also get cold easily). Personally I can throw on some old, baggy shirt if I can layer it up with a really nice outwear piece because I won't have to take it off so I would rather have several good outerwear pieces than a lot of good basics.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've definately spent wayy too much for a high school student. Probably upwards of 3k since I've joined...
blush.gif

On the bright side, it's all my own money. I don't get an allowance, so I was actually pretty surprised when I calculated how much I had spent so far..
eh.gif

Also, since some ppl were talking about it a couple of posts above...
I recently purchased 2 BoO buttonups, and I love the fit. However, I think I'm still going to have to stick with my J.Crew buttonups because they fit pretty well and they're a lot less expensive
tounge.gif

However, I fell in love with the thin MOP buttons used on the BoO shirts... I searched eBay for them but I couldn't find anything. Anyone know where I can buy thinner MOP buttons, or what other "cheaper" brands use similar buttons?

Mini

Reaction score
too much, between suits, shirts, pants and shoes I would say $10,000 and thats been since feb
frown.gif
too much since I start college this fall

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mini
too much, between suits, shirts, pants and shoes I would say $10,000 and thats been since feb
frown.gif
too much since I start college this fall

10 thousand dollars...including suits...for a college freshman? Do you realize how many cheeseburgers and condoms you can buy with $10,000?

Waffle

Reaction score
it's not that much, like other people i would've kopped it anyway, but i guess it's the stuff i bought from B&S and a pair of sexi04's. summed up it's about $600

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikesusan12