• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been quiet here for while without seeing any new posts. I just got these shrunken bull in from ZB. I've been wanting a pair for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. Added the commando soles. Can't say enough about how comfortable they feel and how awesome they look in person.
I was concerned that the leather was going to be stiff (it has the word shrunken in the name so I thought thick and wrinkly). Not sure what part of the bull they use nor can I post what my wife suggested but it is a suprisingly soft leather and forms quickly to my foot. I always order slightly smaller because of the longer ZB toe box (usually 9.5US and I get 8UK in ZBs) and it can take some breaking because it closely wraps my foot. This fit out of the box. The color with this texture helps to keep it subtle allowing them to blend in with most of my outfits.
Really like the commando sole. First ZB's I have tried with them. I asked if they could do a 1/2 commando but they didn't think this would keep their profile. Their full commando sole works so much better in the winter out here. First time out and I'm treading small rivers in these. The Norvegese construction just puts it over the top. I'm looking forward to making these my go-to boots.

View attachment 1111920

DaveB

Those look great! I’ve got them as well, but lighter and leather sole. As I was reading I didn’t think the look would work. But, when I got to the bottom and saw them was really surprised. I think the norvagese stitching is the determining factor. I also like the darker color of yours. Well done, those rock!

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
Those look great! I’ve got them as well, but lighter and leather sole. As I was reading I didn’t think the look would work. But, when I got to the bottom and saw them was really surprised. I think the norvagese stitching is the determining factor. I also like the darker color of yours. Well done, those rock!

Thanks. I remember seeing your boots and really liked the color. Yeah, the stitching sold me on these. The only thing I don't like is the dark glossy toes. The uppers are a matte finish and then I have this dark shiny toe with a straight line where it was applied. I'll wear it off.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I remember seeing your boots and really liked the color. Yeah, the stitching sold me on these. The only thing I don't like is the dark glossy toes. The uppers are a matte finish and then I have this dark shiny toe with a straight line where it was applied. I'll wear it off.

I’m a weird one in that I’m not crazy about burnished toes. Others seem to really like them. I like the uniformity of the color throughout the entirety of the boot as well.

darknight55

Reaction score
Contributing.

49489174_1919897854746068_8740812258384313161_n.jpg

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1113039

My wholecut derbies have finally also made it to the rotation at last ... Norvegese welt is incredibly well done and the sailor last fits perfect. I considered elephant MTO for some time but was unsure what customs charges I would invite.
Not a lot message zonkey boot they will make one for you. I got mine done with gg. Zonkey was around 1600$ including custom etc

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
View attachment 1113039

My wholecut derbies have finally also made it to the rotation at last ... Norvegese welt is incredibly well done and the sailor last fits perfect. I considered elephant MTO for some time but was unsure what customs charges I would invite.

Your cross hatch and the elephants that were posted by darknight are still shoe Appreciation. Glad to see them in rotation and with fun socks.

andreasky

Reaction score
View attachment 1113039

Gorgeous! Are they made in Russian grain? Can you tell me more about creases and resistance against rain?

jayvee

Reaction score
It's been quiet here for while without seeing any new posts. I just got these shrunken bull in from ZB. I've been wanting a pair for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. Added the commando soles. Can't say enough about how comfortable they feel and how awesome they look in person.
I was concerned that the leather was going to be stiff (it has the word shrunken in the name so I thought thick and wrinkly). Not sure what part of the bull they use nor can I post what my wife suggested but it is a suprisingly soft leather and forms quickly to my foot. I always order slightly smaller because of the longer ZB toe box (usually 9.5US and I get 8UK in ZBs) and it can take some breaking because it closely wraps my foot. This fit out of the box. The color with this texture helps to keep it subtle allowing them to blend in with most of my outfits.
Really like the commando sole. First ZB's I have tried with them. I asked if they could do a 1/2 commando but they didn't think this would keep their profile. Their full commando sole works so much better in the winter out here. First time out and I'm treading small rivers in these. The Norvegese construction just puts it over the top. I'm looking forward to making these my go-to boots.

View attachment 1111920

DaveB

Those are great , were they an MTO or can you request a commando sole on the off the shelf range?

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
Those are great , were they an MTO or can you request a commando sole on the off the shelf range?
No. These were not MTO. If you go to the Zonkey boot website, they have a few items that you can pre-order. These boots are one of them. Before you order, send an email (or call) Alexandra. She usually answers the [email protected] emails. I requested the commando soles instead of the dainite and she was able to make this change at no additional fee. Took about 3.5 to 4 months from order to delivery. Kinda like MTO with OTS pricing. If it's your first time buying, she can also help with sizing to make sure its right since these cannot be returned.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. These were not MTO. If you go to the Zonkey boot website, they have a few items that you can pre-order. These boots are one of them. Before you order, send an email (or call) Alexandra. She usually answers the [email protected] emails. I requested the commando soles instead of the dainite and she was able to make this change at no additional fee. Took about 3.5 to 4 months from order to delivery. Kinda like MTO with OTS pricing. If it's your first time buying, she can also help with sizing to make sure its right since these cannot be returned.
Are you talking about models in the online boutique part only or a model that's in the Collection Lookbook/Permanent Collection?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads