• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
Are you talking about models in the online boutique part only or a model that's in the Collection Lookbook/Permanent Collection?

I am talking about the online boutique. Within this is the area called the shelf. This is the site that sells the online boots and shoes. If you look at the twothreeone.albrecht (this is the boot with the shrunken bull), there is a pre order button. I contacted ZB to make sure I could use the pre order and make a change to the sole I wanted. When I placed the order, I noted in the comments section that I wanted the commando sole. After it was processed, Alexandra contacted me to confirm my order was correctly received and was sent off for to the shoe elves for manufacturing. Probably way too much detail.

Here is the link for what I ordered:
https://zonkeyboot.com/shop/twothreeeone-albrecht/

I also go to their website to see what's lurking in the last pair section since they post discounts there.

DaveB

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the online boutique. Within this is the area called the shelf. This is the site that sells the online boots and shoes. If you look at the twothreeone.albrecht (this is the boot with the shrunken bull), there is a pre order button. I contacted ZB to make sure I could use the pre order and make a change to the sole I wanted. When I placed the order, I noted in the comments section that I wanted the commando sole. After it was processed, Alexandra contacted me to confirm my order was correctly received and was sent off for to the shoe elves for manufacturing. Probably way too much detail.

Here is the link for what I ordered:
https://zonkeyboot.com/shop/twothreeeone-albrecht/

I also go to their website to see what's lurking in the last pair section since they post discounts there.

DaveB
Thanks for the detail. I think preorders are only available for sizes that aren't in stock. Then again, it couldn't hurt to just send an email asking for a simple sole change.

darknight55

Reaction score
For my first pair, since I needed an H width, Alexandra said for MTO of the shoes in the online store in different widths, there is no up-charge and I could change the soles since its MTO.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For my first pair, since I needed an H width, Alexandra said for MTO of the shoes in the online store in different widths, there is no up-charge and I could change the soles since its MTO.
Thanks for the additional details. That's a very fair offer from Zonkey. Sounds like I'll be buying more Zonkey Boots later in the year then

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4944.JPG

In love with my pair of wholecut derbies ..

ctttt777

Reaction score
Hello everyone, it seems that I'll need some sizing advice.

The perfect fit for me is UK10E on 341 last of C&J, US 10D on red wing 8 last(iron ranger) and UK10E on Loake 026 last.

Carlos Santos 234 last in UK10E, Church's unknown last in UK10E, 10G in rmwilliams comfort craftsman all fit a bit generous both in length and width and instep, Especially the Church's, I cannot wear them without inserting insoles. I dont know if its because they're Chelseas & Jodhpurs.

Vass P2 last in 43.5, UK10E in Loake 024(Chester) last both fit a bit snug in width and instep.

And UK10E on Trickers 4497S last, UK10E on G&G MH71 last are a bit too long, but good on width.

Now I'm considering the Sailor last, would you recommend me to try UK10E or risk a little bit to try UK 9.5E? Thanks in advance.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it seems that I'll need some sizing advice.

The perfect fit for me is UK10E on 341 last of C&J, US 10D on red wing 8 last(iron ranger) and UK10E on Loake 026 last.

Carlos Santos 234 last in UK10E, Church's unknown last in UK10E, 10G in rmwilliams comfort craftsman all fit a bit generous both in length and width and instep, Especially the Church's, I cannot wear them without inserting insoles. I dont know if its because they're Chelseas & Jodhpurs.

Vass P2 last in 43.5, UK10E in Loake 024(Chester) last both fit a bit snug in width and instep.

And UK10E on Trickers 4497S last, UK10E on G&G MH71 last are a bit too long, but good on width.

Now I'm considering the Sailor last, would you recommend me to try UK10E or risk a little bit to try UK 9.5E? Thanks in advance.

I wear the same size in CJ 341 and Sailor. Both fit well.

ctttt777

Reaction score
I wear the same size in CJ 341 and Sailor. Both fit well.

Much thanks! Could you please give me some idea about the comparison with these two lasts in width and length? Does the Sailor last feel narrower than 341 or not?

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much thanks! Could you please give me some idea about the comparison with these two lasts in width and length? Does the Sailor last feel narrower than 341 or not?

Width is about the same, length is longer. Overall, I rate it better than 341 on my feet. Easily amongst the best lasts around.

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my first pair of ZB and also my first pair of shoes made from elephant leather. Very solid and not chunky as thought. Very satisfied with them.
微信图片_20190311135443.jpg
微信图片_20190311135509.jpg

Just curious is anyone familiar with taking care of elephant leather? Thank you for your advices!

darknight55

Reaction score
I use the Saphir Special Reptile Beauty Milk (Reptan) when it looks dry. Otherwise, just brushing will do, its a very tough leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads