• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zimmerli, no longer made in Switzerland?

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It not sound very good.
The Mr Kabbaz say this,
look!

"This is a very rare opportunity to obtain an incredible top quality Prelapsarian Zimmerli of Switzerland Collector's Item for a significantly rediced price. It was made before the recent takeover of the firm by a large venture capital group which began manufacturing many of their products outside Switzerland".

he also say this,
look!

"Zimmerli's new CEO culled new hires without regard to their textile knowledge. So alientating textile-savvy long-timers as to cause their departure, the firm is virtually berefit of those essential skills"

Which lines of Zimmerli are still made in Switzerland?

Business Class?
Richelieu Rib?
Royal Classic?
Pureness MicroModal?
Pure Comfort?
Sea Island cotton?

any man know about this?
Is Zimmerli finished?

Last edited:

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to add here but I must say the combo of the way you write with the word "zimmerli" made me spit out my coffee - hilarious.

jack webb

Reaction score
Well I should certainly hope they have not relocated manufacture of the $175 boxer briefs.

Panama

Reaction score
It didn't really matter that they were produced in Switzerland. If you looked at their employee audit, the two largest ethnic groups were Vietnamese and Albanian.

Last edited:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro.

First: Tightie whities are.......yeah, no.

Second: They're. *******. Underwear. They're utilitarian garments.

You know how much regular underwear costs?

Five dollars for three pairs.

Jesus Christ, man, unless you're an underwear model, go get some ******* Fruit of the Loom.

giphy.gif

Also, who the hell cares if your drawers are made in Switzerland?

Panama

Reaction score
Bro.

Jesus Christ, man, unless you're an underwear model, go get some ******* Fruit of the Loom.

giphy.gif
You have obviously never felt Sea Island or Giza 70 cotton underwear. Some individuals recognise luxury, others post juvenile snowflake face palm memes.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have obviously never felt Sea Island or Giza 70 cotton underwear. Some individuals recognise luxury, others post juvenile snowflake face palm memes.

I have better places to put *******, thank you kindly.

Panama

Reaction score
Bro.

giphy.gif

Also, who the hell cares if your drawers are made in Switzerland?
I agree the location is less irrelevant now. It's the manufacturing process and materials. And what has being a model got anything to do with it?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have some of their Swiss-made pieces. I bought a few back in the day when they were carried at ASW. I thought those were just OK. The Sea Island Cotton stuff, however, was really amazing. But it's $175, as people have said, and the softness doesn't hold up that well over time. (I bought mine when they were on sale)

In the end, I've found that I prefer Tommy John's Second Skin. I think those are just $30. They breathe well, hold up well, and keep you dry.

I'm not that surprised that Kabbaz hypes them up since he has a huge stock of the stuff. To be honest, I take his comments with a grain of salt given what I've seen him say about bespoke shirts, which haven't echoed my experience with the matter. I find that some people are easily given to romantic ideas about this stuff, whether it's in their nature or because they're involved in the business. Personally trust Despos, JefferyD, and Nicholas Templeman much more (all forum participants). Level headed views that are informed by experience without the sort of "old things are always better" kind of mystique.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad