• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it is Trofeo trofeo means trophy . It's cloth made from award winning wool. I'm not sure what you mean by the label looking like mainline trofeo. Post pics

WorkingOnIt

Reaction score

It is not a Trofeo label, it just looks closest to that label in the OP's post. I've tried searching and can't find anything on this line.

whizzkid15

Reaction score
Really helpful thread,and a really nice site that i have only just discovered.i am currently in the market for a new suit as i have a big job interview comming up :) ,i often buy over the internet and often use ebay for all sorts of nice clothes,im up to scratch on how to weed out any fakes being sold online,but i have never owned a Zegna suit before and would appreciate any help on the subject,namely the large white label inside jacket pockets that has all the numbers and letters on,from this thread alone i have got the jist of what some of it means,but is there anyone out there who could break down that label section by section?are these only in suits that have been tailor made,as they appear to have a client number?and if so does it mean that it is probably a higher quality product?i guess i should really be getting out an italian-english dictionary to break this label down!im more than aware that the best advice when buying online is go through a reputable seller,but i always like trying to find the value out there ;) ,but yeh any help in breaking that label down would be mucho appreciated........

To the best of my knowledge, this is the current fabric tag and has been for a bout 5 or so years. I have not bought much new from Zegna in the last few years.

The box in the left defines the family group, the letter defines the fabric range.

dongale

Reaction score
Loving this old thread. Really helpful. I got a Zegna jacket today that I'm planning to sell, but I wanted some more info about it. Can anyone help?

1) I know from the original post that this is an older jacket, but how old? 90s? Early or Mid-2000s? It's in near perfect shape.
2) What is Z8? I saw on here that the Et Cli. box is the fabric line, and I read about a few labels, but didn't see anything about Z8. ??
3) Can anyone tell me what the different boxes are? I can figure out the size, length, etc...but I'm wondering if this tells me the date or anything else like that.

poincare0

Reaction score
LOL at all this trusting/relying of/on these tags.

Those things are easier to replicate than a made in china ralph lauren polo shirt by a made in china fake ralph lauren polo shirt
deadhorse-a.gif

as we all should know by now the famous adage 'On the internet nobody knows you are dog ' is king

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LOL at all this trusting/relying of/on these tags.

Those things are easier to replicate than a made in china ralph lauren polo shirt by a made in china fake ralph lauren polo shirt :deadhorse:

as we all should know by now the famous adage 'On the internet nobody knows you are dog ' is king

LOL at you thinking there are many Zegna counterfeiters out there.

adrs

Reaction score
Hi all Friends,
Thanks for this awesome forum & this thread.
Need help what's does mean
CH7on the Et Cli. Not ZC, EZ or ZZ...
Is this authentic or fake from Zegna ?
And how old for these jacket f based on the Label ?

Many Thanks for all input & advises, I will appreciate..

gregbendash

Reaction score
Hi there,

I realise that this is a quite old thread, but I'm curious as to whether or not the suit I just bought last week is a genuine Zegna. Here are the images I took from the inside label and the tag that is suspiciously low on information. I'm guessing it's Zegna fabric but not made by Zegna?

Bought it for around 280 USD (converted price as I don't live in the US).

(P.s.: tried to do the pitch test but it seems that it has three layers, so I'm not sure)

Last edited:

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi all Friends,
Thanks for this awesome forum & this thread.
Need help what's does mean
CH7on the Et Cli. Not ZC, EZ or ZZ...
Is this authentic or fake from Zegna ?
And how old for these jacket f based on the Label ?

Many Thanks for all input & advises, I will appreciate..
Clint

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi there,

I realise that this is a quite old thread, but I'm curious as to whether or not the suit I just bought last week is a genuine Zegna. Here are the images I took from the inside label and the tag that is suspiciously low on information. I'm guessing it's Zegna fabric but not made by Zegna?

Bought it for around 280 USD (converted price as I don't live in the US).

(P.s.: tried to do the pitch test but it seems that it has three layers, so I'm not sure)

Hi, it's the cloth and NOT made by Zegna. The images in this thread should provide some idea of a genuinely made Zegna item versus a maker using the cloth.

Cheers

Clint

gregbendash

Reaction score
Thank you sir, much obliged for the swift answer. Still, I think it was worth the money - looks good and feels good at the same time.

twinpeaks

Reaction score
Hi

First post here so bear with me
From experience, buying mainline Zegna and Dunhill, I was under the impression that typically a 'Zegna-format' label (like the one I show below) on a product would denote a product made to Zegna Mainline specifications.

It was under this impression that I recently bought a Gucci blazer. However, after buying it I did a little more research on SF and at least one member (Klobber) on another thread refers to there being two lines of Gucci by Zegna: one made to Zegna Mainline specifications, another to ZZegna specifications. That made me start thinking that maybe I got the latter.

I wonder if any of you would be able to tell one from the other from simply looking at the label; (that is shown below)

t-forty

Reaction score

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks real. The tag is ancient. OTOH it doesn't look dated. At least a quick glance doesn't shout old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads