1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clintonf, Apr 26, 2008.

1. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

Hi, it's the cloth and NOT made by Zegna. The images in this thread should provide some idea of a genuinely made Zegna item versus a maker using the cloth.

Cheers

Clint

2. gregbendash

gregbendash New Member

Thank you sir, much obliged for the swift answer. Still, I think it was worth the money - looks good and feels good at the same time.

3. twinpeaks

twinpeaks Active Member

Hi

First post here so bear with me
    From experience, buying mainline Zegna and Dunhill, I was under the impression that typically a 'Zegna-format' label (like the one I show below) on a product would denote a product made to Zegna Mainline specifications.

It was under this impression that I recently bought a Gucci blazer. However, after buying it I did a little more research on SF and at least one member (Klobber) on another thread refers to there being two lines of Gucci by Zegna: one made to Zegna Mainline specifications, another to ZZegna specifications. That made me start thinking that maybe I got the latter.

I wonder if any of you would be able to tell one from the other from simply looking at the label; (that is shown below)

[​IMG]

4. t-forty

t-forty New Member

5. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Looks real. The tag is ancient. OTOH it doesn't look dated. At least a quick glance doesn't shout old.

6. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

8. bboowwyy

bboowwyy Senior member

I just came into possession of an orphaned Zegna navy suit jacket. I was hoping to get a better understanding of the tag to know what to search for when trying to find the matching pants (i know, chances are very slim).
    Any help is appreciated. Pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bboowwyy

bboowwyy Senior member

Woops double post.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  10. hindi ako

hindi ako Active Member

Ill add these in here to see if anyone can help

Authentic trouser?

Thanks[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jtwilcox

jtwilcox Member

Hope it's not too terrible I'm resurrecting this old thread. I found this yesterday and hadn't seen a tag like it in here yet. It must be old but any idea how old?

[​IMG]

12. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

Hi, I cannot date it exactly, but I would guess between 10-15 years old, possibly older.

Hope this helps?

Clint

13. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

Fake, I would state (with 99% confidence). Please check the labels in this thread and you will see that there is nothing which mentions Zegna clothing being made in Paris.

Cheers

Clint

14. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

Sorry, I cannot help you on this one. I don't really know what's on the tags, just what they look like.

Clint

15. rainkissed

rainkissed New Member

I'd be really thankful if you guys could help me out. I live in dubai and came across a zegna suit one of the local list to sell website. My boyfriend was planning to invest in a good suit anhttp://dubai.dubizzle.com/m/classif...vY2xvdGhpbmctYWNjZXNzb3JpZXMvP2FsbD0mcGFnZT02d this seemed like a real bargain and was wondering if I could gift him but need to know if its authentic. I'm absolutely clueless. Ill attach the pictures listed in the site.

Thank you

16. Wayward

Wayward Senior member

rainkissed:

It is 100% fake. Here are the reasons:

- The font on all the writing is wrong
    - That Z symbol is an old one, and hasn't been used since the 90's I think
    - The inner fabric tag looks nothing like any Zegna suits, of any vintage
    - I've never seen a Zegna suit in the last 2 decades with such a high % of polyester (35%)
    - Zegna suits are made in Italy, Spain or Switzerland. Its lower line (ZZegna) may sometimes be in Mexico. I've never seen Czech Republic
    - The buttons look like cheap plastic. Typically they come with horn buttons
    - Zegna is Italian, and has no connection to Paris
    - The front buttonholes look like crap

Basically, there's a complete mishmash of fonts, words and symbols jumbled up from the last 2 decades. The fabric tag and inner label are also dead giveaways, not to mention the really poor quality of the suit. There is literally nothing that resembles a real Zegna suit.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  17. aehernandez

aehernandez Member

[​IMG]

Hi all,

Seriously contemplating buying an EZegna sport coat on ebay but wondering if I should expect heavily padded shoulders (my understanding of their Roma line, vs. say, Milano). I can't seem to figure out how to read the particularities of the style based on this tag, but maybe one of you has an idea. Any help appreciated, and bonus points for word or two about the quality of the material...

Thanks.

18. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

That's a very old tag. Better if you posted a pic of the actual item. Material is fine, but likely a spring/summer weight.

19. aehernandez

aehernandez Member

Thanks--here're other pics, as requested. Shoulder looks soft-ish, but that would be surprising based on my experience with E Zegna. Collar tag says "Made in Italy"...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Man of Wealth and Taste

Man of Wealth and Taste Senior member

You can't tell from the Zegna-format label because all zegna manufactured products (from Z zegna to Couture) have the same label format. The best check for Gucci is a pinch test to see if it is fused or canvas.

*Edit* Jesus, sorry for the reply to an ancient post. Gotta be more attentive to the dates.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013