• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zappos exclusive Chippewa boots - what do you think?

private eyes

Reaction score
I contacted Chippewa about some of the boots on zappos, because they wernt listed on Chippewa's site, and they told me those are exclusive models. I've tried on the Iron Works version thats exclusive to LL Bean and they felt great, so I have high hopes for these.

possible alternative to black becman?

This ones similar to the RW 8196 if it ever came in black (or a real vibram branded sole)

A rich brown version

Then theres a brown moc toe that Im not particularly fond of. All are around 190.00 USD shipped which I think is a steal. Im semi new here, but I don't think these have ever been discussed.

Also , if you have any of these, please post your pictures and / or review.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good find. I wanted to pull the trigga on the brown one but they don't have my size :(

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All eyelets (no speedhooks) on what is ostensibly a casual-boot makes me irate.

Also, no USA lace tag. Imported?

private eyes

Reaction score
All of these are 100% USA made . I called and confirmed. Also for anyone who hasn't tried on chippewa's , they're very very comfortable from day one. They come with insoles unlike heritage RW , so buy your real dress shoe size, I don't think you need to size down.

rapdancin

Reaction score
anyone pick these up? i'm super interested in these:

LL

Last edited:

jimney

Reaction score
How does sizing on Chippewa boots work? I've search other threads but not found a general consensus. I'm an 8D in an AE Leeds, if that helps, and I'm thinking I'm a "true" 8D

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does sizing on Chippewa boots work?  I've search other threads but not found a general consensus.  I'm an 8D in an AE Leeds, if that helps, and I'm thinking I'm a "true" 8D

There's little consensus. You'll take either a 7.5D or an 8D. I've found that they run somewhere in between TTS and oversized. My best advice is to order both, try them on, and return one.

frankdatank

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of the Sundance Riptide boots. I got the last pair in my size. It seems as if Zappos has limited quantity because they are almost completely out. The boots have a great finish and are overall great but as mentioned above without the speed-hooks its kind of annoying. This was my first pair of Chippewa boots and I'm looking to get the GQ Apache boots next.

red81

Reaction score
i had some drama with llbean version, but as soon as chippewa puts out a captoe that's not the iron works one, i'll jump aboard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads