• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Zam,

I've emailed you guys on dashon's email, rahel@zambarrett, zfactorie@zambarrett, and dylan@5mmask and contact@5mmask as well. Wasn't sure where I should reach you.

I ordered a one piece long dome beanie in cotton (color black) on May 17 (order # 1749), it said it was shipped out a week later on May 28, but the tracking # was never sent, and the beanie never showed up at my place so I figured it was a mistake. I know you all are busy and I've ordered a bunch of stuff from you all and I've gotten all of it and have been stoked, but this one seems to keep falling under the radar. Worried it might've been shipped to someone else by mistake at this point.
I just checked
you ordered items after that that was shipped and should arrive to you. seems this was an oversight.
We have beanies, its not an issue. i will pack one and ship to you today

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lots of new belts in a wide assortment of Colors. We are into monochrome outfits with a contrasting belt.
CA6E1BA9-6142-4CDB-9CFE-21AE9E1F2FD6.jpeg
2214C4AD-C1C5-41C5-A460-09B69221F386.jpeg
2214C4AD-C1C5-41C5-A460-09B69221F386.jpeg
B83821F4-F174-4EB3-8056-4DAEEE0A01B3.jpeg

Attachments

• CAD701CB-68DB-45F8-BB02-A727DC975BCF.jpeg
    CAD701CB-68DB-45F8-BB02-A727DC975BCF.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 12

HeavenResign

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, Zam! Yeah I made a lot of individual orders here and there I appreciate the quick response.

Also if you hadn't seen the email yet, i wanted to thank you again for sending out the sz 48 in the inner leather, you knew my size and it fits absolutely perfectly. I wanted to get a fit pic with it but between covid and the hot weather I haven't gotten a chance to wear it out yet, but can't wait to.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks a ton, Zam! Yeah I made a lot of individual orders here and there I appreciate the quick response.

Also if you hadn't seen the email yet, i wanted to thank you again for sending out the sz 48 in the inner leather, you knew my size and it fits absolutely perfectly. I wanted to get a fit pic with it but between covid and the hot weather I haven't gotten a chance to wear it out yet, but can't wait to.
I have decided to take over shipping and communications for the time being as Dashon or Rahel is not here and during Covid I had someone dealing with shipping who made a royal screw up I am still sorting through some stuff but its getting better.
We have limited staffing but some of the older more knowledgeable people are back so it makes life a lot easier for me.

Especially the new menswear collection is now done and except for accessories and a small selection of womenswear for the fall season we aren't doing any new products until maybe September when we'll add Heavier items for the fall

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
- ZFACTORIE WEEKEND SALE -
We hope that all is well with you all our customers and supporters here at Styleforum during strange and unpredictable times, you and your family are well.
Just a few announcements to you all regarding happenings at Zfactorie

-- We are having a weekend flash sale. - 30% off storewide for Today, Tomorrow and Sunday.
please use the code WKND30 at checkout. to receive the 30% discount.

weekend sale.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Zam, could you share a few details about the fabric and sizing of this garment? https://shop.zambarrett.com/collect...ucts/protological-archetype-unlined-coat-plum

Particularly care instructions for washing and how water-resistant it is would be appreciated.
thanks for asking.
we will update all descriptions soon
just was vey busy filling back orders which thankfully is up to date (expect for two orders if which one leaves today and the other on Monday)
the fabric is not water resistant, it is a cotton linen blend (65% linen) a medium weight, on the slightly heavier side, the fabric is preshrunk before making the garment, and then overdyed.
toy can wash by machine, but by hand is preferable as hand washing preserves the overdyed color better than machine

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
30 TO 50 OFF BANNER.jpg ,

Dear SF.

Summer is ending and we have done our final Markdowns for the Summer
Items on sale for summer are now 30 -50% off. there is no code Necessary, we have marked the items to reflect the discounted prices - A lot of items on sale and we have added and will continue to add measurements and descriptions.
Fir inquiries feel free to message us at: [email protected]

EXTRA 60% OFF IN FINAL SALE
We will begin to release new items for the fall winter season beginning October 1st. We are clearing out the final sale section. ENJOY EXTRA 60% OFF with Code: ENDSUMMER60. A LOT of great items available between the current summer sale, along with final sale items

Zfactorie // Facebook // Instagram

drewby

Reaction score
I have never, ever experienced a worse transaction than I did with Zam Barrett recently. I would avoid them completely. I'll go into everything below.
  • Ordered bag on May 25, 2020. This was supposed to be a gift. It was in stock.
  • Given a tracking number June 8th
  • 17 days later the item was never delivered to the post office. I sent out an email. No response. They sent out a general email stating they were behind on shipping
  • In early July they sent out an email stating everything had shipped out. Of course, not my item. July 11 (over a month since I was given tracking) I sent a follow up. Second time no response.
  • Jul 24 I reach out AGAIN, now two months after I ordered. Third time no response. I specifically requested "that you cancel and refund me". The gift time period had long passed and I didn't want it anymore 2-2.5 months late.
  • Fourth time reaching out. I threaten a chargeback. Wow, an actual response on Sunday Aug 2! They blame someone they hired not shipping it out.
    • I am told "either ship the item to you between tomorrow and Tuesday" or "Provide you with a full refund if it isn't".
  • Of course, I am not shipped the item. I send an email on Wednesday asking for an update. No response. Fourth time no response, fifth time reaching out.
  • Aug 12, I'm sick and tired of this BS. Sixth message of mine, I say "Please just refund me" and say I will be issuing a chargeback immediately.
  • Got a reply that day (only ever respond when I threaten a chargeback). They reply "We can refund you but I thought you still needed the bag. We are making a new bag at the moment and will ship to you on Friday". What a load of crap. I requested a refund specifically and they NEVER told me about making a new bag. You would think if they were making a new bag they would've just said that. They didn't send me a bag on that Friday, or even in the next month, so this was a lie anyway.
  • Again, they did not send me a bag on that Friday so I waited a whole freaking week and a half (until August 25) hoping they weren't lying through their teeth (they were) until I just straight up opened a "not received item" case on Paypal. I again for a third time requested a REFUND. A simple refund.
  • In my one previous time issuing a chargeback through Paypal, the seller responded pretty quickly. They are required to refute the claim within a few days. Zam did not. Actually, he never responded ever. That was very typical of him.
  • Since they never responded, I was allowed to escalate the claim. On 9/11, now 3.5 months after I ordered, I escalated the claim which got Paypal to actually review the case.
  • On 9/18, he provided tracking info for the case. But the tracking info he provided was false. It stated something was delivered in August to across the country, not me. This is Paypal fraud; he attempted to claim that he had already sent me the item. The case was closed and there at least wasn't an easy way for me to re-open. I was furious.
  • A few days later, I actually got the bag with a seperate tracking number.
4 months it took to get me a bag I requested a refund on three times and no longer wanted. So, so many ignored emails by them and they only responded when I threatened a chargeback. Had to issue a chargeback, which they still didn't respond to for weeks until they sent a fraudulent tracking number stating they had already sent me the item so that they didn't get in trouble with Paypal, then actually sent me the item hoping I wouldn't notice their fraud. Horrible experience. They should not be a styleforum partner. I can provide email transcripts and Paypal case details if any mod needs them.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
While this is our affiliate thread here at Styleforum, we have not checked the thread everyday and I am just seeing this.

now, if you want to express your dissatisfaction with a purchase from us , which you are free to do, no problem, but having very little interaction or communication here i don't know why you think you can decide whether we are an affiliate or not o why you think you should have the audacity to try to determine who should support our company or not.

First off, yes we will admit your bag took long to arrive to you, But from the very early stages we told you that the bag would need to be REMADE. I told you that the original bag was defective and I was not going to send you a defective bag.

In hindsight Yes, maybe it would have been better to do a refund, as remaking the bag was not profitable for us, we decided to do that because you were a first time customer and we figured while it would take some time to make the bag, it would be better to get you an item that you wanted rather than giving a feeling to you that we were not able to get you an item you purchased. During this Period we are more than appreciative of every customer who supports us,
Stores and brands are closing left, right and center and so we are grateful for everyone who decided to support as as they didn't have to

I did not know you filed a claim or a chargeback, and I don't know where you get this idea we gave paypal or anyone else a fraudulent tracking.
the Tracking we gave you showed the bag was delivered to you, so where is the fraud?

And to be honest, from dealing with shutdowns, managing a smaller staff than previous, getting my kids back into school mode and dealing with my person wellbeing, I really am not interested in a back and forth discussion about this

We are sorry you are not happy with the transaction, we are not a perfect company, but I find it that a lot of times it is customers like you who wait till the end of a sale and buy something a deep discount are the first to be ready to make all kinds of assertions about not just us, but a lot of other brands you people are quick to disparage.

We have a lot of customers, who continue to support us, and at times things are not well but they know that we always come through on our end, even though at times there are longer wait times.

All in all, Im not going to discuss this publicly any further, if you have any issue you can feel free to message me......

mmwl

Reaction score
M,

I just checked your order number
your order was shipped to you,
However in the event the package is lost, as best as possible we guarantee a replacement of the items.

i will look into this and update you here as you have bought many items from us and we always shipped without issue.

Let me update you before the end of the day as ill locate the tracking.
to what email address did you message because I did not receive

Ill update you in a few hours via Message here.

Hi Zam,

Please advise on the order 1558 as its been outstanding since Oct 2019, 1yr already !!, last email received was from 11 Sept indicating to be shipped out but till now i still have yet to receive tracking details. I've sent emails asking for tracking since last response from sept with no response so I'm trying here again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads