• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Z Zegna Suit for $99 a good deal?

crumbs

Reaction score
I heard these are garbage, but a local store has one lft in my size (the jacket fits perfect) on clearance for $99 it is a dove grey with like little black specks in it, not sure what to call it, maybe a graphite? Bu, anyways is this a good deal?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They aren't garbage, but the consensus is that they certainly aren't super high quality, especially at their retail. But, for $99, you won't get a lot and as such I'd say that certainly it would be worth it, assuming you like the suit and it looks good on you.

I have a random odd Z Zegna jacket or two and I like the fit; slimmer than regular Zegna and decent enough... if purchased on sale.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great deal, buy it! I'll pay up to about $300 for their suits because most of them are pretty good in the fit/fabric department (if not the best constructed). Out of curiosity, what store was it, and in what city?

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
If it fits well and you can see yourself making use of it, $99 is a fair price for that quality level of suit.

If you are interested in it primarily because of the perceived discount based on the brand name, however, you should move on. Many people early in their clothes-buying days latch onto names they find at discounts, and find themselves with a wardrobe that's neither particularly good nor occasion-appropriate.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea where u getting an $1100 suit for $99

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not garbage. Z Zegna is similar to Brooks Brothers 1818, but with pretty big differences in cut, styling, fabrics, etc.

izlat

Reaction score
at 99 and good fit- I'd be all over it.

In fact, if you tell me where I'll try to get one myself
smile.gif

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
yea where u getting an $1100 suit for $99
That's the problem right there: thinking of it as "an $1100 suit for $99" instead of simply a suit that may or may not fit the buyer and may or may not serve a useful role in his wardrobe. The price tag only matters if someone thinks that he can buy it and flip it for enough more than he paid to make the hassle worthwhile. Otherwise, the suit itself is the only thing that matters, with the price only an issue if it is unaffordable.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well how bout you tell me where they are so I can see if they have any in my size and i will buy one for myself?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads