• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your last meal

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you were on death row, about to be executed, what would you want as your last meal?

i would ask for authentic memphis barbecue, because i've never had it.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a wonderfully morbid question. I will need to think about this one.

Sushi? Steak?

Hmmm....

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
if you were on death row, about to be executed, what would you want as your last meal?

i would ask for authentic memphis barbecue, because i've never had it.

Personally I would go for something I know and love. I will probably be the only one on the forum to say this, but I would like to make my own sandwhich. Simple, no?

The sandwhich in question would be something like this:

Wheat bread
Medium cheddar cheese
Honey ham
Mayonaise
Shredded lettuce
Salt & pepper
Oil & vinegar

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
For my last meal, I could do worse than my lunch at the Oyster Bar with Vaclav.

Gazpacho liberally sprinkled with Maine lobster, followed by poached Bluepoint oysters and then a lobster roll.

Dessert is where it would get interesting.

I would request a 1972 Chateau D'Yquem to accompany a creme brulee. This request would probably succeed in prolonging my life for at least a few hours, but in the end I'd probably settle for a '63 (my birth year) or just about any available vintage of D'Yquem.

However, the taste I would want lingering on my palate when I was finally snuffed would be that of a cognac containing pre-philoxera eaux-de-vie -- Courviosier Esprit de Cognac comes to mind.

The taxpayers are picking up the tab, right?

Stax

Reaction score
white toast (dry), four whole chickens and a coke

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Texas Dept of Corrections has or had a website listing the last meals of everyone they've executed since the death penalty was reinstated. It's rather harrowing to read, and includes or included one fellow who didn't eat anything until his mother begged him to. Then he had a hamburger.

In general, last meal rules require that there be no alcohol served, that the items be readily available in the town where the meal is being prepared, and that the food ordered be items the prison cafeteria be able to prepare. In other words, you're stuck with ****. I might ask them to kill me first than have to eat one last time the disgusting crap they cook there.

One fellow asked for SpaghettiOs as part of his last meal. They served him spaghetti. His last words were to the effect of, "I want everyone to know. I ordered SpaghettiOs, not spaghetti, and they gave me spaghetti."

Some of the last meals in this thread could only be ordered if prior to execution by a camp Bond villain.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
id probably be up for a really really good pizza

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
The Texas Dept of Corrections has or had a website listing the last meals of everyone they've executed since the death penalty was reinstated. It's rather harrowing to read, and includes or included one fellow who didn't eat anything until his mother begged him to. Then he had a hamburger.

In general, last meal rules require that there be no alcohol served, that the items be readily available in the town where the meal is being prepared, and that the food ordered be items the prison cafeteria be able to prepare. In other words, you're stuck with ****. I might ask them to kill me first than have to eat one last time the disgusting crap they cook there.

One fellow asked for SpaghettiOs as part of his last meal. They served him spaghetti. His last words were to the effect of, "I want everyone to know. I ordered SpaghettiOs, not spaghetti, and they gave me spaghetti."

Some of the last meals in this thread could only be ordered if prior to execution by a camp Bond villain.

http://www.deadmaneating.com/dmearch.html

http://www.thememoryhole.org/deaths/...inal-meals.htm

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman

THAT, is cruel and unusual punishment.

If possible, I'd like to have something cooked by my mother. If not, I'd have a giant piece of porterhouse. It tends to put me in a comatose.

tbabes

Reaction score
Seared foie gras and a '67 Chateau d'Yquem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads