• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Quote(s)

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"It's Hammer time!"

REguy

Reaction score
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Churchill

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." - Churchill

Prince Philip is always good for a laugh too.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Get busy living or get busy dying!"

msanfilippo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
"Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe."

I almost thought this to be a Shakespeare quote.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
Not a quote so much as a state of mind:
ffffuuuu.gif

zaxer

Reaction score
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"

Heard It for the first time in a film called "Hackers" where a very young Angelina Jolie played a supporting role.

msza

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
"I think Warthogs are beautiful, but people say I'm ugly so I guess that makes me stupid."

svelten

Reaction score
'Everyone should be assumed an idiot until proven intelligent'

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...he saw the flaming, restless nest of the fire a short distance away, and the silhouettes of people around it, and someone's hand adding a branch. The crickets leapt crepitating; from time to time there came a sweet whiff of burning juniper; and above the black alpestrine steppe, above the silken sea, the enormous, all-engulfing sky, dove grey with stars, made one's head spin, and suddenly Martin again experienced a feeling he had known on more than one occasion as a child: an unbearable intensification of the senses, a magical and demanding impulse, the presence of something for which it alone was worth living.

X-It

Reaction score
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place." ~Mark Twain

"If you have anything really valuable to contribute to the world it will come through the expression of your own personality, that single spark of divinity that sets you off and makes you different from every other living creature." ~Bruce Barton

"Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them." ~Thomas Kinkade

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
"You killed Ted you medievel dickweed"

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
...he saw the flaming, restless nest of the fire a short distance away, and the silhouettes of people around it, and someone's hand adding a branch. The crickets leapt crepitating; from time to time there came a sweet whiff of burning juniper; and above the black alpestrine steppe, above the silken sea, the enormous, all-engulfing sky, dove grey with stars, made one's head spin, and suddenly Martin again experienced a feeling he had known on more than one occasion as a child: an unbearable intensification of the senses, a magical and demanding impulse, the presence of something for which it alone was worth living.

F Scott Fitzgerald?

eztantz

Reaction score
'A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.' - Ariel Durant

Yngling

Reaction score
I feel it is hard to pick favorites, I value any quote that can serve as a rule of thumb. Here are a few.

My two top favorites:

"What I can not create I can not understand." - Richard Feynman

"The full use of your powers along lines of excellence. " - definition of "happiness" by John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

A few on how to act:

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"Hope is not a course of action." - USMC Colonel Michael O'Neal

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play." - Heraclitus, Greek philosopher (500 B.C.)

"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot (1819-1880)

"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite. " - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. " - Al Capone (1899-1947)

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. " - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

And a few more that I find amusing:

"Blondes make the best victims. They're like virgin snow that shows up the bloody footprints." - Alfred Hitchcock

"A narcissist is someone better looking than you are. " - Gore Vidal

"No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness." - Aristotle

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. " - Galileo Galilei

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire (1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads