• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your 1st pair of EG, JL, Vass... what, where and when

TC11201

Reaction score
EG - fawsley, burnt pine, 888 last, 2006, London store

Vass - MTO old english ii and london, dark brown and oxblood respectively, both u last, 2007, through gabor halmos

G&G - MTO Connaught, MH71 (soft square) last, chestnut calf, late 2007, via Dean Girling

C&J - onslow, scotch tan country grain, 1999ish, Burlington Arcade store (my first pair of good shoes, other than a pair of PTB Aldens that my dad bought me in high school a handful of decades ago, which I hated...)

Stefano Bemer - MTO monkstrap and 2-eyelet blucher, brown grain and black calf respectively, 2007, through the man himself in Firenze

Lobb - can't remember the model, was around 2001, wore them for 2 years then gave them to goodwill, haven't purchased Lobb since

Can't remember all the others that have passed through...

Jacksan

Reaction score
First pair of Lobbs September last year, Redwood Ashill
I got a pair of brown captoe oxfords at the same, time, don't remember the model

I'd like to try out some other brands, but leery about buying without trying on first...

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Chelsea, black, 22 last, Bullock & Jones, San Francisco:

p1000223gt2.jpg

What happened to this pair? Do you still have 'em? Did you have them resoled? Thrown away/Donated?

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG: Peerings in Black, 89 last (still undecided on keeping them), bought 12/09

Vass: Whiskey Shell PTBs on the P2 last, bought NIB on B&S 12/09

JL: None
frown.gif

Handmade Lucchese Classics: Buffalo Hide Ropers L0808, dark brown, purchased 01/10

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG from Paul Stuart in the 80's.

jsqfunk

Reaction score
2007: Grenson MP - black captoe, tan wholecut
2009: Cleverley semi-bespoke black captoe, bespoke "high cut veldt"; EG black captoe 82

2010: to be delivered - EG TD austerity brogues
2010: to be ordered - Cleverley wingtips, G&G - not sure yet, anything but another pair of black captoes

bought at Paul Stuart, Cleverley truck show in NYC, Leffot and a EG trunk show at Leffot

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First EG, JL and Vass were all bought on B&S!!

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Make sure your feet heal before you start again ...

No kidding. That's why I bought them!

I walked around with the boots on in the store for about 30 minutes, no joke. I wanted to be certain that I didn't feel any irritation on the heels, and these Lucchese boots fit wonderfully. I can now go out about town once in awhile without having to resort to running shoes or my old-man Clark's!
laugh.gif

Lovin mah boots:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenaBednar