• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your 10 Essentials

Calden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nino
Ahh Ive been eying that wallet for a while, but in a brown. I like the handstitching. Also I have the same belt as you but in brown. Good taste.
tounge.gif

I bought one in brown too. If you want to see pics, there at http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=13460&page=32. I might be selling it though, I really don't need two wallets.

Water, it is the harness leather belt.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
1) My Wallett
2) My Body Glove Lanyard that holds my car kees
3) My Cell phone
4) My Comb
6) Pens
7) Backpack
8) A ring
9) My beaded choker
10) My Laptop

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
alden.jpg

01. Alden Black Cordovan Boots AF43 - These boots will last forever, are perfectly formed to my feet, and can be worn with everything. I know I should have another pair of shoes or boots so I can alternate, but I don't want to sacrifice anything else on my list.

ssds.jpg

02. Nudie Straight Sven Dry Selvage - I'm choosing these because they're my favorite pair of raw jeans. Samurai's and PBJs are both tempting, but I don't own either so it's hard to say.

03. American Apparel White Crewneck Tshirt - If I'm going to wear the same thing all the time, it can't stand out. Nothing could be safer than a plain white tshirt, assuming I don't spill all over myself.

eg-1.jpg

04. Engineered Garments Herringbone Bedford - Not only is this jacket incredibly beautiful and functional, but it adds a much needed touch of class when I'm drinking a can of Black Label or PBR.

05. Hanes Black Zip Hoodie - I need a Loopwheeler. In the meantime this Hanes does the job, and I'm not gonna cry if someone accidently burns me with their cigarette.

lgc3.jpg

06. Leather Goods Connection Belt - I've always liked the look of brass after it's been worn a while.

wallet.jpg

07. Leather Goods Connection Wallet - This is by far the nicest wallet I've ever had. I got really sick of flimsy leather wallets and their crappy fabric linings. This is the real deal.

08. Jantzen White Shirt - While I don't actually own this yet, I am hopefully going to order one this weekend.

brsweater.jpg

09. Banana Republic Grey Crewneck Sweater - Blah. I need a nice sweater.

jcrewchinos.jpg

10. Jcrew Broken In Chinos - These were given to me as a gift, and to my surprise I really liked them. (I'm already regetting not putting Ray Bans instead).

* I was curious to see what I would choose from things that I own, but I meant for the list to be anything...

Where did you get that jack for point #3?

nomovement

Reaction score
1.black t-shirt(s), actually, Black undies, socks, jeans, jacket, gloves, hat, scarf, etc..
2.whiskey and coke-easy on the coke.
3.powerbook-this could be lower on the list
4.Scalpel-for drawing
5.ipod-or at the very least, 1 les savy fav album, one walkmen, and one transam
6.elmer's glue-the glue of glues-works on even the most advanced of models
7.Nava cube bag-what would a student of arch. carry around but a defined volume?
8.carabiner-every "cool kid" in the world has one and its really immature and all; but I hate having **** in my pockets
9.Hi-Tops
10.girlfriend-much needed credibility to my "look"

louieguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
I got the jacket from 2000dB and his invisible army.
2000db for the Engineered Garments Herringbone Bedford jacket? Who/where is 2000db? I'd love to get my hands on one! TIA!

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
1 kmw rockers
2 511 twills
3 alternative apparel vintage soft t-shirt
4 wrangler denim shirt
5 brown belt
6 white oxford
7 plaid ties
8 grey cardigan
9 low top chucks
0 brown dress shoes

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Updated list

1. vb/js knits
2. white button-ups
3. patrik ervell jacket
4. dark trousers (mm, cdg)
5. carpes
6. cdg socks
7. water pitcher at room temp
8. my car (can't imagine driving anything else)
9. my 8800 nokia
10. ck wife beaters

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#38 : haha it okay... 1. sexsc06 - sugarcane 2. apc nw 3. my friend gave me this thift'd land end cord.. 4. clarks desert boots 5. mjk's spring08 bluetwillrib
bluetwillribbig.jpg
6. navy jack purcell 7. jcrew white oxford 8. aa tees 9. fred perry polos 10. green cardigan

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.) Alden Cordovan Shell Boots in Black
aldencordovanbootsblackjy9.jpg

2.) Dark Navy 3 piece suit, BoO (for the low cut vest)
boo3piecesuitsa9.jpg

boo3piecesuit2lr7.jpg

This + vest.

3.) White overdye oxford BoO
boowhiteoxfordwf9.jpg

4.) Levi's 511 cut in RAW
levis511rawak4.jpg

But raw.

5.) Leather Jacket
yesssssscc6.jpg

6.) Buttero work boots in brown
butteroworkbootsbrownwj9.jpg

7.) BoO Wool Crewneck in Burgundy/Wine
boosweaterwd3.jpg

8.) CP white lows (or really, any comfortable designer sneakers just for something other than boots)
commonprojectsachilesheqj9.jpg

9.) Nudie Grey Coated Thin Finns
nudiegreycoatedthinfinnlp3.jpg

10.) MJK Shawl Sweater
michaeljkrellsweaterzi5.jpg

I kind of started to fizzle out around 7. I'm not sure if I really need the last three but they seem like good staples. The 3 piece is both a normal suit, a 3 piece suit, a pair of pants, a vest, and a jacket all together and separately too.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
updated list 2 years later. Not too much difference

1. Jeans (Crate Route, Crate chinos and Nudie Finn grey coated are tops right now)
2. Fred Perry sweaters (vneck and cardigan)
3. Agnes b navy cotton jacket
4. Boots (Paul Smith and Dr Marten)
5. White shirts (AquascutumxNick Hart, BoO, Black Fleece, Paul Smith etc)
6. Leather Jackets (Diesel for black, D&G for brown)
7. Fred Perry italian knit polos (s/s and l/s)
8. Ben Sherman l/s small collar'd buttondowns in check/stripe patterns
9. Agnes b slim trousers (navy and burgundy moleskin)
10. Harrington jackets (Baracuta & Fred Perry)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads