• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoox

Joefitz

Reaction score
I see many nice clothes on this website, but horrible reviews for the site. Is it safe to order from Yoox?

georgeka

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with them, always flawless return. I'm located in EU tho.

Rnt

Reaction score
Only good experiences. Also it's net a porter group so legit, it's just that the items maybe have a bit different tags etc.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've ordered from them before. No problems but their customer service is painfully slow and they ship slowly too. That being said, their pricing makes it worth it IMO.

type-r

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share my experiences of Yoox.

I have been purchasing frequently from Yoox for the last 5 years. I am a UK-based customer so have experience both pre- and post-Brexit - this is an important point, as now shipping to the UK now incurs VAT and also custom charges on top the advertised price. Ebay for example, add on 20% VAT at time of payment (if less than than £135 - if more, then you are at the mercy of UK Customs).

Yoox has a wide variety of fashion brands, everything from high-end runway pieces to hardly known designer brands. I tend to purchase "Made in Italy" items rather than an item being made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh, China or India and the label then charging a huge mark-up based on brand identity. There is a certain level of quality, craftmanship and sometimes re-sale value. Whilst Yoox does flag "Made in Italy" items, it is not possible to search for them directly. You kind of have to know which labels generally manufacture their items there in advance or it can be a bit pot-luck searching.

I am a bargain hunter but only of real quality items. I avoid labels such as Kiton, Brunello Cucinelli, Prada, Gucci, Zegna (mostly), Tom Ford - because IMO they don't offer value for the price they command - which are often silly prices (though re-sale does remain high). I prefer more sleeper brands like Drumohr, Filippo de Laurentiis, Gran Sasso, Barba Napoli, Svevo Parma for knitwear and Gabo Napoli, Eleventy, Sartorio (at times), Barba Napoli, De Petrillo for suits and blazers and a lot of shoe brands (Alberto Fasciani, Santoni, Henderson Baracco, Testoni, etc) There are lots more Italian labels that I own that are less well known to the general market (Santinello, Berwich, Briglia, Marco Pescarolo - all for trousers etc).

Yoox has allowed me to try out many different brands above and experience different quality. I think over the 5 years, it's easy returns process has enabled me to return items that I didn't like, didn't think offered good value or didn't fit. Never had a problem EVER with a return and I have returned at least 50 different items on separate occasions. I probably would never have discovered half the brands I did, had it not been for Yoox and their FREE, no hassle returns. I usually Google a brand / Styleforum experiences, check their insta profile before commiting to a purchase to confirm the quality, history, prestige of the label.

Yoox also provides a further 15% off the advertised price - although this is not official and does require a bit of work. You get 15% if you sign up to their newsletter - you can sign up (seemingly) as many times as you like but with a new email address every time. This provides you a time-limited (48 hours) 15% discount code that can be applied to your purchase. As I said, this is not official but Yoox I believe knows people do this and have factored this into their pricing accordingly. Personally, I believe Yoox understand the buying psychology behind this and therefore have never closed this loophole. Note though this 15% cannot be applied when they have percentage discount sales campaigns already running, so you have to be prudent when to apply it. Usually I monitor the pricing of an item and it usually falls over time. When I am "price-happy", I usually wait for the silent Yoox price reduction (this is never advertised - you have to monitor the prices daily although the reductions usually happen a day after a sales campagin has ended), I then snag my 15% extra discount code by signing up to the newsletter and then buy the item by applying the code at time of purchase. The codes have never failed to work, even though they were technically generated using a different email address associated with my Yoox account.

Even without the extra 15% off, Yoox offers some real value at times. I have bought many pieces at an absolute fraction it would cost with the label directly or via a reseller. I have felt guilty though at times though that I am not supporting the brand more by either paying full price or buying directly from the brand itself or even one of the several established resellers. A lot of the brands I purchase are independent companies and have been for years. Their survival depends on independent support, probably now more than ever in these lean times when people aren't buying like they were previously because of current economic conditions.

Anyway I am waffling on - I just wanted to post my positive experience of Yoox that has not only allowed me grow my wardrobe substantially over the last 5 years and at times 80-90% off the usual original marked price - with VAT and CUSTOMS charges included in the advertised price. That is a real deal maker and should never be underestimated. Some real bargains to be had but it does require a bit of work to sort out the wheat from the chaff (of which there is a LOT on there) and building up your knowledge of good, solid brands. It does require to shop smart and avoid big name labels, which often have items produced by these same independent brands.

One last thing, if you do shop there a lot like I do, you get to join a "Superstar" club which is not advertised on Yoox. It's like a private club that you get invited to join but only if spend X amount or buy Y amount. Not sure of the exact entry criteria as Yoox keeps it a secret but it does entitle you to FREE shipping which is a huge bonus, even if purchase something for say £7 and they give you first look at some of new items that come in and some further discounts. Last week i received £50 off anything I wanted (as long as the item itself was £50 or more). That was a nice Christmas bonus and effective freebie.

Anyway just wanted to offer my opinion on Yoox and say for me, it has been an excellent all round experience, even though I do think their search and measurement info could be improved (which would probably reduce their total number of returns - which must surely hurt their profits?!). Customer support for me has been a good experience too - sometimes they do forget to include the return proforma invoices in the shipping box, so it would be good to easily access these online rather than phoning them up to generate and email me a new copy to print off.

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share my experiences of Yoox.

I have been purchasing frequently from Yoox for the last 5 years. I am a UK-based customer so have experience both pre- and post-Brexit - this is an important point, as now shipping to the UK now incurs VAT and also custom charges on top the advertised price. Ebay for example, add on 20% VAT at time of payment (if less than than £135 - if more, then you are at the mercy of UK Customs).

Yoox has a wide variety of fashion brands, everything from high-end runway pieces to hardly known designer brands. I tend to purchase "Made in Italy" items rather than an item being made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh, China or India and the label then charging a huge mark-up based on brand identity. There is a certain level of quality, craftmanship and sometimes re-sale value. Whilst Yoox does flag "Made in Italy" items, it is not possible to search for them directly. You kind of have to know which labels generally manufacture their items there in advance or it can be a bit pot-luck searching.

I am a bargain hunter but only of real quality items. I avoid labels such as Kiton, Brunello Cucinelli, Prada, Gucci, Zegna (mostly), Tom Ford - because IMO they don't offer value for the price they command - which are often silly prices (though re-sale does remain high). I prefer more sleeper brands like Drumohr, Filippo de Laurentiis, Gran Sasso, Barba Napoli, Svevo Parma for knitwear and Gabo Napoli, Eleventy, Sartorio (at times), Barba Napoli, De Petrillo for suits and blazers and a lot of shoe brands (Alberto Fasciani, Santoni, Henderson Baracco, Testoni, etc) There are lots more Italian labels that I own that are less well known to the general market (Santinello, Berwich, Briglia, Marco Pescarolo - all for trousers etc).

Yoox has allowed me to try out many different brands above and experience different quality. I think over the 5 years, it's easy returns process has enabled me to return items that I didn't like, didn't think offered good value or didn't fit. Never had a problem EVER with a return and I have returned at least 50 different items on separate occasions. I probably would never have discovered half the brands I did, had it not been for Yoox and their FREE, no hassle returns. I usually Google a brand / Styleforum experiences, check their insta profile before commiting to a purchase to confirm the quality, history, prestige of the label.

Yoox also provides a further 15% off the advertised price - although this is not official and does require a bit of work. You get 15% if you sign up to their newsletter - you can sign up (seemingly) as many times as you like but with a new email address every time. This provides you a time-limited (48 hours) 15% discount code that can be applied to your purchase. As I said, this is not official but Yoox I believe knows people do this and have factored this into their pricing accordingly. Personally, I believe Yoox understand the buying psychology behind this and therefore have never closed this loophole. Note though this 15% cannot be applied when they have percentage discount sales campaigns already running, so you have to be prudent when to apply it. Usually I monitor the pricing of an item and it usually falls over time. When I am "price-happy", I usually wait for the silent Yoox price reduction (this is never advertised - you have to monitor the prices daily although the reductions usually happen a day after a sales campagin has ended), I then snag my 15% extra discount code by signing up to the newsletter and then buy the item by applying the code at time of purchase. The codes have never failed to work, even though they were technically generated using a different email address associated with my Yoox account.

Even without the extra 15% off, Yoox offers some real value at times. I have bought many pieces at an absolute fraction it would cost with the label directly or via a reseller. I have felt guilty though at times though that I am not supporting the brand more by either paying full price or buying directly from the brand itself or even one of the several established resellers. A lot of the brands I purchase are independent companies and have been for years. Their survival depends on independent support, probably now more than ever in these lean times when people aren't buying like they were previously because of current economic conditions.

Anyway I am waffling on - I just wanted to post my positive experience of Yoox that has not only allowed me grow my wardrobe substantially over the last 5 years and at times 80-90% off the usual original marked price - with VAT and CUSTOMS charges included in the advertised price. That is a real deal maker and should never be underestimated. Some real bargains to be had but it does require a bit of work to sort out the wheat from the chaff (of which there is a LOT on there) and building up your knowledge of good, solid brands. It does require to shop smart and avoid big name labels, which often have items produced by these same independent brands.

One last thing, if you do shop there a lot like I do, you get to join a "Superstar" club which is not advertised on Yoox. It's like a private club that you get invited to join but only if spend X amount or buy Y amount. Not sure of the exact entry criteria as Yoox keeps it a secret but it does entitle you to FREE shipping which is a huge bonus, even if purchase something for say £7 and they give you first look at some of new items that come in and some further discounts. Last week i received £50 off anything I wanted (as long as the item itself was £50 or more). That was a nice Christmas bonus and effective freebie.

Anyway just wanted to offer my opinion on Yoox and say for me, it has been an excellent all round experience, even though I do think their search and measurement info could be improved (which would probably reduce their total number of returns - which must surely hurt their profits?!). Customer support for me has been a good experience too - sometimes they do forget to include the return proforma invoices in the shipping box, so it would be good to easily access these online rather than phoning them up to generate and email me a new copy to print off.

Thank you for posting! Last evening I used Yook for the first time as I wanted to purchase some Boglioli K jackets. (But didn’t want to pay anything close to Boglioli’s average retail cost.) The Yoox prices were so low that I ended up buying four of them, assuring myself that I could easily flip / resell any I decide I don’t want to keep. The additional 15% off for signing up for the newsletter (as well as free shipping) was a very nice surprise.

The experience to date has been great. I expect shipping will take some time given the holidays. I’ll update this thread once I receive my order.

Next up for me is some knitwear and trousers. I really do appreciate your recommendations and look forward to my next order.

Best, AHS

type-r

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. Yoox is incredible deal for price conscious people (like me!). Of course the range is limited to what they have, which is often end of line items that either didn't sell with a reseller or with the brand direct and it is like a huge jumble sale at times, so you do have to put in the effort in to find some gems or price-watch for a while and be lucky but there is still so much on offer. I've also come across a lot of sample items that I imagine were ex-display models for events like Pitti Uomo, perhaps to gauge feedback etc. It is a glorified TK/TJ Maxx.

I like Boglioli but mainly for their materials used - some of the blazers have a stunning cloth. I had a cashmere silk KNITTED blazer from them a while - the cloth was simply sumptuous - must have been a Loro Piana or similar used. They'd be an awesome pick if only their jackets were canvassed - even half - all the ones I've come across are completely deconstructed (unstructured). The only one remaining in my wardrobe is a mid-weight wool-silk-linen boucle blazer - again, unlike any cloth I've ever come across. Stunning!

Amigo

Reaction score
Спасибо за публикацию! Вчера вечером я впервые воспользовался услугами Yook, так как хотел купить куртки Boglioli K. (Но я не хотел платить ничего, близкого к средней розничной стоимости Больоли.) Цены на Yoox были настолько низкими, что в итоге я купил четыре из них, уверяя себя, что могу легко перепродать/перепродать то, что, по моему мнению, не хочу. держать. Дополнительная скидка 15% за подписку на рассылку новостей (а также бесплатная доставка) стала очень приятным сюрпризом.

Опыт на сегодняшний день был отличным. Я ожидаю, что доставка займет некоторое время, учитывая праздники. Я обновлю эту тему, как только получу свой заказ.

На очереди трикотаж и брюки. Я очень ценю ваши рекомендации и с нетерпением жду моего следующего заказа.

Лучший, АХС
Yoox is a good store, but often there are clothes and shoes that are very stock. Shoes can quickly lose their appearance, and the same goes for clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads