• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gavinband

Reaction score
I absolutely love my vass and get a top class service from Rezso. However, just ordered my first pair of Yanko from Skolyx as a test. If the fit is nice and quality is good then I will go for a blue shell MTO (as cannot get this colour through vass). Will post pics when I get them.

suitandboot

Reaction score
Well, ASAP was possibly an overstatement.

For a thorough review, use Google Translate on Shoegazing's website: http://www.shoegazing.se/2014/10/05/recension-yanko-rawley-cuero/
His thoughts about Yanko are quite equal to mine.

Fit

I have:
- 7 UK in C&J 348 - close to perfect
- 7.5 UK in Meermin Hiro - a bit big
- 7.5 UK in Meermin Olfe - fine in width, but a bit on the long side
- 8D US in AE 5 - slightly roomy
- 7.5D US in RL shell cordovan wingtip - a bit tight over the toes
- Tried on 7 UK Carmina Rain - a bit tight over the toes as well
- Tried on 7 UK Carmina Forest - close to perfect, but not a big fan of the last shape

And then came Yanko's 915 last, they feel perfect. The fit is very close to C&Js 348 but width much more arch support. They are by far the most comfortable leather soled formal shoe I own. The fit is so good that it will take another manufacturer A LOT to make me go from Yanko.

Leater

The leather is very good, I will post pictures sometimes in the future. The shoes are here at work, but because it is not socially accepted taking pictures of your shoes here it might take some time. The leather is supple and shows very little signs of marginal cuts. The color is great and takes a shine very well.

Overall

I love the shoes, and they have gotten a lot of compliments. I can without hesitation recommend Yanko, and I view them as one of the best - if not the best - "budget" shoe option out there; a great quality/price-ratio. I don't see myself purchasing shoes from other makers in the near future.

If you want more info, don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks for this great breakdown. It is exactly what I've been looking for as it directly compares the Yanko last with the AE 5 (AE 65) last which I have experience with.

What size did you get in the Yanko 915 last?

Thanks

andrel42

Reaction score
Just to add my 5 cents, I took my "regular" size on the 915 last and these wholecut from Skolx are extremely comfortable and well built.

Yanko 915 : 9.5
Carmina Rain 9.5
G&G : 10E
etc.

jamie411

Reaction score
Ugh, I hate the conflicting sizes being discussed on here. Some recommend sizing down from Rain, some staying with Rain size (including Skolyx) - I guess that's the nature of shoe sizing since everyone's foot is different. I'm tempted to go with my Rain size on the 915.

Can someone post side by side pics of rain versus 915?

Elessar

Reaction score

My Yanko patina pair
Very nice! Where did you get it? I don't see an adelaide in the Skolyx or Patine line-up.

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
Its MTO. However, we will add an adelaide on last 962 as stock model in about 1 week. (Light brown, York sole). The same as in this picture:

We will also add an adelaide on last 915 with single leather sole in about 3-4 weeks to our stock models.

Looks great!

So, can you expand a bit on your MTO services? From your MTO guide,
Quote:
In many cases it is, however we cant guarantee its always possible and its always easier if you have a very clear idea on exactly how you want it. Since we are going to explain the changes for the factory its important that the demands is very clear. Just contact us and we work something out!

However, this doesn't feel like it addresses change in patterns outside of brogueing, like creating a new shoe sub-class (in this case, adelaide oxford). Do you keep a catalog of your past MTO shoes? That would be very helpful for future customers to go through (eg. Leffot keeps a catalog of MTOs: http://leffot.com/category/mto-gallery/ )

I know you recommend us to contact you on your website, but maybe divulging the flexibility you offer with the MTO program might attract some customers here? :)

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
I agree totally with you, our mto guide is under reconstruction and also a mto-gallery is being prepared and we hope to be able to launch both in about 4 weeks.
Until then, feel free to ask away if you have specific questions :)
Sounds great, will stay tuned for your MTO catalog! :)

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fit of last 962 compared to 915? Especially with regards to toe width.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads