• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gavinband

Reaction score
Hello gents,

Does the polish supplier have an English translation on their website? Perhaps I am being blind, but I cannot see it!

Also, how much do they charge for shell MTO? I tend to only go for vass and carmina, but willing to take a punt and try an MTO here.

Thanks as always.

Gavin

Elessar

Reaction score

Hello gents,

Does the polish supplier have an English translation on their website? Perhaps I am being blind, but I cannot see it!

Also, how much do they charge for shell MTO? I tend to only go for vass and carmina, but willing to take a punt and try an MTO here.

Thanks as always.

Gavin

Not sure about MTO fees, but this is the closest to an English website that they have:
http://patine.pl/lang/en

Most of the product pages are in English so you should be able to place an order I think. :)

Gavinband

Reaction score
Gents,

Another quick question if I may. Going to buy a couple pairs out of interest, always love to add a different brand to my collection.

I wear 6.5 uk in vass F last and 7 in U last. Any fit recommendation on the 915 for me? Assuming uk 7...

Thanks as always.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? That much larger? Someone mentioned to me it's a similar fit to vass U last.
I beg you pardon, I wrote my size.
baldy[1].gif

I meant uk 6.5. Sorry

Gavinband

Reaction score
No worries, and thanks! So the 915 is a slightly chistled last similar to Rain? Do they have and sleek looking rounded toe lasts?

Elessar

Reaction score
No worries, and thanks! So the 915 is a slightly chistled last similar to Rain? Do they have and sleek looking rounded toe lasts?

I think they might, depending on what you define as "sleek looking". Have a look here:
http://www.skolyx.se/en/content/20-guide-for-mto-made-to-order

Otherwise, from what I've heard (I have zero personal experience with these brands yet), Andres Sendra is a very similarly priced, similar quality shoemaker from Spain as well. Their line has some sleek looking rounded toe lasts. Check Cooper, Evans, Jean:
http://www.andres-sendra.com/int_en/sizefeet/

Gavinband

Reaction score
Thank you, sir! In all honesty I am just looking for a blue shell MTO and sadly Rezso at Vass cannot order me in any from Horween. I do not fancy paying the huge MTO fee with carmina (I know they stock the whole cut blue, but I want a plain cap toe), hence why I am looking here.

Emil at Skolyx is incredibly helpful, so I think I shall take the plunge and give it a go!

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain is sleeker. 915 is even more classic than F, IMO. I really like it for a formal shoe.

Elessar

Reaction score
Thank you, sir! In all honesty I am just looking for a blue shell MTO and sadly Rezso at Vass cannot order me in any from Horween. I do not fancy paying the huge MTO fee with carmina (I know they stock the whole cut blue, but I want a plain cap toe), hence why I am looking here.

Emil at Skolyx is incredibly helpful, so I think I shall take the plunge and give it a go!

My conversations with Emil have probably been the best I've ever had with a "merchant". I use quotes because he feels like a friend advising you over email, not someone trying to sell you stuff. Can not stress how helpful he has been to me as well!

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wont hesitate to go with Yanko (Carmina 50% increase is crazy)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member