• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I have wondered the same thing about the sizes, like perhaps the smaller sizes of things like the Moleskin are more true to size, whereas the larger sizes are more slim.

I, for one, could barely fit my shoulders into the XL Moleskin, and even the XXL is super tight, whereas in the pearl snap flannels which just came out the XL is on the big side of TTS, and I think I'd be swimming in the XXL.

I feel like I just consistently see wildly different answers on sizing for this brand.

espen

Reaction score
IMO looks pretty good! My concern though is with that much space inside the chest, and with the hem that loose, how warm will it actually be?
Fair question. Typically in the Canadian winters I’m tucking some sort of base layer into my pants, or heck even a flannel if it isn’t too thick. A parka will go on top of the whole thing, unless I’m shovelling throw driveway, and I’ll throw a bunch of heat off.

Octobab

Reaction score
^I have wondered the same thing about the sizes, like perhaps the smaller sizes of things like the Moleskin are more true to size, whereas the larger sizes are more slim.

I, for one, could barely fit my shoulders into the XL Moleskin, and even the XXL is super tight, whereas in the pearl snap flannels which just came out the XL is on the big side of TTS, and I think I'd be swimming in the XXL.

I feel like I just consistently see wildly different answers on sizing for this brand.

I guess these sort of issues are understandable for a small/new brand, and they're executing on everything else so well, but it's a little disheartening. On top of other issues and questionable decisions, like the gab snap's massive duck tail and tiny collar, the dollar-store quality and comically unwearable size of the ranch hats, the 'signature feather pleat' that's a nightmare to iron, etc.

I'm still very much in love with this brand, but for the price these seem like avoidable issues. Fingers crossed over the course of the next few seasons they can sort these out and hit a better stride.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a Wythe thread.

keanu-reeves.gif

I've got the donegal here in an XL as well, but have a L coming for comparison. Also have the beach cloth vest en route.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The donegal in a size L works better for me – still has a wide neck, arms are still long enough and body is fine (and this is pre- wear and stretch). So, anyone looking at the XL because they think the measurements on the L are close but iffy, I think you're safe getting the L. Unless you want that oversized look.

I stated it elsewhere, but: I like the oversize look that an XL would give, but I don't feel I have the physique for that kind of fit.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The beach cloth vest, on the other hand, does not serve me in an L – too constrictive. I'm swapping for an XL and hoping that will work out. The cloth is very cozy.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bingham

Reaction score
Really hoping they restock the chainstitch hat soon. As big as the royal one was on me, I'm still holding out hope that the navy does indeed fit smaller. The chainstitch detail on them is perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads