• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worried...

dsmith92

Reaction score
Hey guys.. im new around here. I plan to stick around a while so.. i wanna see if you all can help me. Im 6'1 340pounds... im looking to lose atleast 100 pounds. im wanting to get around 200. But the excess skin scares the $hit outta me. here is my plan.

1st month- i ordered isagenix and will do that for a confidence boost.. around a 25-35 pound weight loss.

2-5th month- Weight train... ab workouts... swimming... running... sport activities.

I also plan to weight train during the first month with isagenix also.

But if oyu all have read this im just a worried overweight 18 year old lol... just is there anything else i can do to help excess skin? workout plans.. anything is welcome. i just dont wanna go under the needle in surgery.

Thanks,
Donnie

khamuast

Reaction score
I don't think excess skin would be too much of a worry if you lose the weight naturally through exercise and diet. You are still very young and your skin will be extremely elastic compared to others which will help. Also it depends on how long you have been overweight, the longer being the worse case scenario.

All in all I think if you lost the weight in a controlled and steady way, you really wouldn't have much of a problem with the excess skin at all!

P.S. don't buy into miracle creams that help loose skin, its bollocks

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Why would you order something to START with ?
You shoudlve started by changing your diet and getting your muscles built up ..
when you lose weight its hard to not lose muscle along with the fat ..

If youve been overweight that long you should get into the swing of things - getting proper routines for weight training and your eating and getting active overall ..

Do you have ANY Idea what to do about your diet ?
I'm not saying it in the sense of " go on a diet " I mean what foods to eat , when and how much etc .

P.S. Dont worry at all man you can do it no surgery needed

heartworm

Reaction score
You lack the most important thing in your plan; Diet. Lose the medicine and use the money to buy some books on diet and nutrition, and start eating healthy.

Then you can start doing some exercise, but without the proper diet, exercise won't be effective.

Considering your age and weight, excess skin probably won't be a problem if you lose the weight naturally.

mikej77

Reaction score
I have to agree here, stay away from the supplements for now. You need to get yourself on a sensible eating plan and slowly integrate exercise. Just do a little research on healthy eating plans and maybe purchase a good book on the topic. Men's Health is always a good resource as well. Weight training will be very important to losing weight and gaining muscle and should keep you from the sagging skin syndrome. You should really consider getting a personal trainer, even if it is only for a few sessions. They can start you on a good plan.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsmith92
Hey guys.. im new around here. I plan to stick around a while so.. i wanna see if you all can help me. Im 6'1 340pounds... im looking to lose atleast 100 pounds. im wanting to get around 200. But the excess skin scares the $hit outta me. here is my plan.

I think you'll be alright with the skin situation since you're still young. I wouldn't worry about weight lifting or hard training until you get to a manageable weight, though (say, 300 or less). Until then, I'd focus on your diet and just moving around more: walking, taking stairs. All you need to lose weight is a caloric deficit. Combine that with healthy foods and you're well on your way. Good luck!

dsmith92

Reaction score
thanks for your answers... i have tried soo much i had ordered this just for a little confidence booster.. im kinda low on that lol. but im only doing this one month along with weight training but im not going to use it no more.. i already ordered it so you know.. im stuck with it. I have seen so many videos and suchg of people who lost weight but they have soo much excess skin its sick.. but they have lost like 150-200 pounds. and they were 25-40 didnt help. could i buy any lotions or creams also? i heard coco butter helps? or was that for stretch marks?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Don't worry about that, man. The most important thing is losing the weight. You'll probably find that losing the first 25 or 35 pounds is a snap once you put your mind to it. After that, it'll get a tougher, and you'll have to start training with intensity and punishing your body a little, but you'll transform so drastically from 300 to 250 lbs. that you won't want to stop.

Whatever happens with your skin, happens. It won't be nearly as bad as you think--probably unnoticeable at 250 lbs. Lose the weight slowly and properly and your skin will readjust itself.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And as important as the diet and training is to change the behavior that has caused you to gain/maintain the high poundage. Do you do a lot of fast food due to your job/school/friends? Do you have a sit down job and eat at your desk? Do you eat dinner late? Do you eat while you watch TV etc etc. Changing bad habits is as important as changing what you eat.

mikej77

Reaction score
It is great that you want to get into shape. You should make sure to keep logs and chart your progress, sometimes that is the best motivator to keep you going.

dsmith92

Reaction score
hey man.. i think the before picture will be enough lol.. i need to get in shape due to racing season coming next april... i race modifieds at a local dirt track.. kinda sucks bein big.

oldhoss

Reaction score
Hey!

Do your research on some of these weight loss supplements. I myself know very little about them but I do know on occasion, coming off of some things causes a relapse. You're far better off modifying your diet, see a dietitian and get lots of help maybe a personal trainer for just a few sessions to show you simple correct exercises to get you going especially cardio. Do NOT over-exert yourself or you will risk injury and will experience setbacks as a result.

Slowly ramp up, no drastic changes. make them gradually and be patient. The skin will "Boing" back as in youth it retains it's elasticity.

Be careful and best of luck!

Hoss

dsmith92

Reaction score
ok.. thanks for your answers... on this note what would be best to eat.. i have talked to alot of ppl and you all seem like you know what your talking about. like breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack.. i dont eat that much in a day but i think i need to.

mikej77

Reaction score
Keep it simple....try to eat every three hours or so. Three regular meals with three snacks. Also, it can be best to eat more carbs in the morning and taper off as the day goes along, you don't need the extra carbs late at night. For snacks, try to include a protein (cottage cheese, almonds, walnuts, lean meat) and a carb (fruit, low fat yogurt, granola, etc). I usually have a good dose of carbs with my breakfast but by the time I get home at night and make dinner, it is usually chicken or steak with a side of vegetables or salad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads