• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

World War Z

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't ******* wait.. looks amazing :D Have been a zombie fan as long as I can remember and we finally get a large blockbuster movie. Hopefully it does good in the box office so we get the trilogy (would do the book a lot more justice).

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this but the zombies seem ridiculous - super fast, piling on top of each other, really springy CGI like..

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think cgi will only be used to capture the really big scenes where there were millions of zombies in the book.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the trailer looks goofy and I read they are shooting for a PG-13 rating.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I will go see it for sure. The book was fantastic.

The book was fantastic. This looks NOTHING like the book, other then it involves a zombie apocalypse. It's like the script writer didn't even bother to read past the plot synopsis on the back cover.

******* garbage. Trailer was nothing more then generic CGI zombie action ****. It pisses me off that they are reducing such a great novel to this crap.

EDIT: The icing on the cake is the fact it's going to be PG-13. :fu:

Last edited:

dopeitsjosh

Reaction score
reminds me of I Am Legend for some odd reason.
The CGI is very apparent here, but the zombie action looks very intense.

Pinhas

Reaction score

The book was fantastic. This looks NOTHING like the book; It pisses me off that they are reducing such a great novel to this crap.

+1000

Its a bit understandable that a plot that's mainly developed through recollections and testimonies could be a challenge to adapt into a screenplay and a film. Here though it seems that they re-formatted the book as a "im there in the action as its happening" story line, which makes it boring, overused and totally pointless.

The whole appeal of the book was in the way the story was presented, and I am sad to see that no one in Hollywood could have come up with a more creative solution.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1000
Its a bit understandable that a plot that's mainly developed through recollections and testimonies could be a challenge to adapt into a screenplay and a film. Here though it seems that they re-formatted the book as a "im there in the action as its happening" story line, which makes it boring, overused and totally pointless.
The whole appeal of the book was in the way the story was presented, and I am sad to see that no one in Hollywood could have come up with a more creative solution.

x2. While reading the book I thought over and over again that someone should make this in a documentary style. Play it completely straight and have it unfold like something Ken Burns would make. How ******* awesome would that be?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear god, the zombies now not only run but they can jump high as ****? What the ****?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's sad is so e people will see this trailer and think the zombie action looks very intense. Thus the film will bank and Hollywood will continue to churn out this crap.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Dear god, the zombies now not only run but they can jump high as ****? What the ****?

As a rule I hate fast zombies, but will admit they worked well in the Dawn of the Dead remake and 28 Days Later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads