• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

world cup

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
yes soccer games, can sometimes reach scores as high as 1-0, keeping drunken europeans on the edge of their seats for hours.

You probably think you are being humourous but you are a codescending prick.
You talk about "drunken europeans" and hooligans and far right recruiting at games(by the way that is complete crap) yet in another thread you talk about a violent thug who is a convicted ****** and wife beater as being a true hero.
You have a warped mind my friend,which probably explains why you cant understand the subtelties of a game that doesnt finish 43-21.

P.S. You should watch our game of cricket sometimes they score over 600 runs wooooo!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey don't talk that way about Iron Mike.

Why don't both teams just all stand in front of their goalies spanking their puds until there is about 1 minute or so left in the game. The end result would be about the same, I'm sure. Oh well, I guess since Euros don't work for a living, they have to do something.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey don't talk that way about Iron Mike.

Why don't both teams just all stand in front of their goalies spanking their puds until there is about 1 minute or so left in the game. The end result would be about the same, I'm sure. Oh well, I guess since Euros don't work for a living, they have to do something.

Someone must have moved Argentina and Mexico.Last time I looked I couldnt see them in Europe.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah those F***ers, trying to be sneaky

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couldn't tell ya Jon. The only Argentineans I know are here legally.

Walter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Wow - I had completely forgotten that U.S. was playing today. I guess we lost.

Now I can focus back on the important things in sports, the NBA draft and NFL training camps
smile.gif

laugh.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't tell ya Jon. The only Argentineans I know are here legally.

Javyn, please stop. We have a nice thread here going about the World Cup. If you don't like football, don't read the thread. It's not like the subject line is confusing.

Please respect that.

bob

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MP, sorry about the game man. That must have been heartbreaking. I actually missed the game (day-long outing at Mazza Gallerie in DC at NM and Sacks--bought nothing!). But I just saw a replay of the Arg goal in overtime. Wow.

This does set-up one hell of a semil-final match: Germany vs Argentina.

Germany really trounced Sweden. Not even close.

Next up is England-Ecuador. Could be good.

bob

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
really annoying, the VNese coverage doesnt keep the scores or the clock on the screen, so when you join late you have no idea of the situation - and of course the announcers are speaking VNese really fast, so no way I can keep up with it or hope to catch the scores.

Is there anywhere that is streaming the commentary online?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
really annoying, the VNese coverage doesnt keep the scores or the clock on the screen, so when you join late you have no idea of the situation - and of course the announcers are speaking VNese really fast, so no way I can keep up with it or hope to catch the scores.

Is there anywhere that is streaming the commentary online?

I think the BBC is. I was reading a blog somewhere and I think a contributer mentioned it. FIFA might be too.

I'm really unimpressed with England right now.

bob

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads