• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Workout Forums

G79

Reaction score
The www.bodybuilding.com forum is pretty decent too. But i understand not many people like the site for some reason

Xenok

Reaction score
i find t-nation very edifying and useful albeit a little advanced for me. they do plug the products they sell on their site a little too egregiously but nonetheless, there's great information there.

and i also find that i spend too much time trying to find the "right" workout and not enough time working out. so these days my MO is just to pick any routine, stick with it for about two months, and make sure my intensity is high will lifting. then i'll switch to another routine. so far the first month has been pretty good.

AdamG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by selfmademob
Because of tha Misc. crew postin ***** and PIITB and dat dere cell-tech. (no ****)
I sea what you did there! Repped! Seriously though, T-Nation, Ironmagazine, the M&F Fourms and BB.com are a good start. EliteFTS if you are into strength training.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
forums.offtopic.com

Fitness&Health section

Qfactor1970

Reaction score
Looking for some ways to add some creativity to those workouts? Check out the following:

www.crossfit.com sign up for a daily workout sent to your email address...

www.workoutpass.com for a very nominal fee, you can have access to workouts designed for specifics pursuits or areas (boxing, rugby, baseball or weight loss).

Enjoy!

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Qfactor1970
Looking for some ways to add some creativity to those workouts? Check out the following:

www.crossfit.com sign up for a daily workout sent to your email address...

+1 Best GPP program out there...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
+1 Best GPP program out there...
rolleyes.gif

You realize GPP was invented by XF, right?

Things I don't like about CrossFit
1. The cult mentality
2. BS claims: off the top of my head
  • "We’ve produced world, Olympic, State, and National champions from local stock repeatedly."
  • help you get big quicker than (serious) BB programs
  • dramatically increase your olympic lifts 1RM (500 to 700lbs in 2 months or whatever... Right)
3. Lack of emphasis on proper form
4. One-size-fits-all workouts: air squat + BW benchpress...
5. Marketing BS
etc.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
rolleyes.gif

1. The cult mentality
  • "We've produced world, Olympic, State, and National champions from local stock repeatedly."
  • dramatically increase your olympic lifts 1RM (500 to 700lbs in 2 months or whatever... Right)
5. Marketing BS
etc.

You forgot to add that their fearless leader looks like **** and they name their workouts after girls.

How bloody tough can you feel after completing a Gloria?

lefty

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rolleyes.gif
You realize GPP was invented by XF, right? Things I don't like about CrossFit 1. The cult mentality 2. BS claims: off the top of my head
  • "We’ve produced world, Olympic, State, and National champions from local stock repeatedly."
3. Lack of emphasis on proper form 4. One-size-fits-all workouts: air squat + BW benchpress... 5. Marketing BS etc.

I'll give you the cult mentality but from personal experience I don't agree on a few things. As far as I've seen from their site they don't claim to produce Olympic athletes from nobody, but they have said that Athletes have used their techniques while training for events. They did say that you gain more muscle mass than BB programs, and I do feel that is true from my experience, but it depends on how you determine a BB program. Their reasoning behind this is that since you are exercising larger muscle (posterior chain) groups under Crossfit the gains will be greater vs. pinpointed exercises (such as biceps). I could be wrong but I haven't seen guarantees of Olympic Lift increases on their main page. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have a few testimonials from people saying that, but large gains can be made with the proper technique if the individual is already strong. In regards to proper form, I have attended Crossfit classes in the DC area as well as at the HQ and in both instances there has been a strong emphasis on correct form. I think this gets lost when people who are new to the workouts just start and are going for a low time/many reps, but then you realize that way does not work. The last thing is how the workouts are for everybody. They say on the main site how you cannot just jump into the W.O.D.s and expect to perform well, in fact they warn against it. They believe that they are all scalable in the though that people put in as much of an effort as they can when they begin and then progress from there. I don't want that to sound like a rant at all, I just have a lot of faith in the program after I have been doing it for 2 years (although I have slacked off a lot recently), and felt some of those points were not complete.

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
You forgot to add that their fearless leader looks like **** and they name their workouts after girls.

How bloody tough can you feel after completing a Gloria?

lefty

Bill Belichick looks like **** too but that doesn't mean the Patriots suck. It's not about feeling tough, but then again I guess that's what preacher curls in front of the mirror are for, right?

rolleyes.gif

1. The cult mentality
  • "We've produced world, Olympic, State, and National champions from local stock repeatedly."
5. Marketing BS
etc.

1) Ya, it's there, but go to HIT forums and other places, you'll find it there. Know what though, it's more interesting than any other program I've seen and the results are there
2) And you pulled those random ass statements from where? Links please
3) Proves you have no idea what you're talking about concerning Crossfit
4) They argue against everybody starting with the same workouts, scaling is a major part
5) Marketing where? I've never seen anything for crossfit aside from it being discussed on the Krav Maga forums.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha thanks for summing up what i said into 5 lines...

razuel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by G79
The www.bodybuilding.com forum is pretty decent too. But i understand not many people like the site for some reason

I'm a big bodybuilding.com fan. I think a lot of people may be turned off by the name; it creates the image of those big body builders. But it's for everyone who wants to change their body really, and it's huge with an insane amount of information.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics