• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work style boots that don't look huge

unrooted

Reaction score
I wear a 14 shoe, and most often wear 501's. I have a hard time finding shoes that don't exagerate the size of my feet. I have been wearing Van's Authentic's a lot lately because of this. I want to buy a pair of work style boots, like red wings or Thorogoods, but a wedge sole makes my feet look clunky, and a heel like the Redwing makes me look taller and lankier. I have a pair of Clarks Desert boots, and they look big and sloppy. Any suggestions?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have size 14 feet.
Ritualized japanese foot binding?

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you like chukka's, you can go for the C&J Tetbury's for a sleeker look, or opening ceremony if you want a lower profile.

Work boots are always going to look chunky.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
Maybe you should just focus on proportions a little more. I'm built like a teenage girl but have size 12 feet, I switched to fuller cut clothing and my silhouette is much more balanced.

I think maybe a repro service lowboot might be good. Or yeah you could just work out a custom order with a the Viberg people.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If DBs still look huge for you, you may be SOL. Size 14s (or 13EE in my case) are going to have a large profile, it's unavoidable.

White's Bounty Hunters might be an expensive option - they've got a sleeker toe than their cousin the Semi-Dress, and I'm guessing would be similar to the custom Viberg's Kiya is suggesting. But they're still going to look big.

bumper crop

Reaction score
you know what they say about guys with big feet... don't worry so much about how big your feet look, but how they look as part of the total picture. the way you wear your shirt/jacket/sweater/whatever up top can balance out your feet. and seriously, living up to some of the standards set on this place is gonna be impossible for most people. just use it for inspiration, and don't take it as gospel.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Some of the Wolverine Heritage line may work Ascot, Montgomery or Linden in a shoe. I've been looking for work style shoes/boots and these seem sleeker then most.

eightdouble

Reaction score
the red wing beckman series has the work boot styling that you like, but with a classic leather sole. much lower profile than the vibram sole.

59100-main-200.jpg

versus
00875.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have a size 14 foot and apparently the height to match. You're just going to have to accept the fact your feet look huge.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a size 13 foot... Just dont care your feet will always look like a duck.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red Wing Beckmans and Gentleman Travelers don't exist in 14, IIRC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics