• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woodbury Common this labor day weekend?

boo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
Are you talking about Woodbury Commons in Woodbury, New York (on Long Island)? Or, are you talking about the Woodbury Commons in Woodbury, New Jersey?

Neither, they're talking about upstate NY:

Woodbury Commons, Central Valley, NY

waljo88

Reaction score
Ok, maybe the question I should be asking is where can I find the greatest values.

For example a $40 HUgo boss shirt - thats actually nice
to a $100 - $150 nice dress shirt. (Zegna, canali, gucci, brioni, prada, armani etc)
a $50 Tie. (same as above)
a $500 - $600 suit

Sorry Ebay is not an option for me.

Ive seen $500 Armani suits before at a TJ Maxx in cleveland, so I know these deals exist. I wouldnt lie to you about that. they had 3 or 4.

I think it has already been established that these woodbury outlets are waste of time. How about somewhere else.

Is anyone having a sale (Saks, Niemen Marcus)......I remember I was a nordstroms about 3 weeks ago in Cleveland, and all there suits were sent out the next day after there big sale ended. There was a nice Canali suit for about $700 - any idea where it would be headed. I figure a Nordstrom Rack somewhere. But I have been to one in Detroit. Lets say the stock there was worse then a WALMART (no exageration)

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
In about 6 trips to Woodbury I have landed only one really good buy.
I think you need to know when to be there and be free to go often to make it worth while.

The Zegna shop was the least promising of all that I visited.
A few decent ties at 69.00 was as good as it got, full of the suits made in mexico and branded just for the outlets, junk, a few couture at 50 percent of full retail in huge sizes only.

My youngest daughter picked up some Polo shirts that were all of 10 dollars less than they we in Manhattan. My eldest daughter left empty handed.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Being only a 40 minute ride from my house, I've been hitting the Commons since the day it opened. It has gone seriously downhill in that time. In the beginning there was a shop called Ultimo, the outlet store of a high end store (think Wiles and Louis) in Chicago. What a gold mine. Kiton, Brioni, Borrelli, Barbera, Lorenzini, Jil Sander Tailor Made, Lattanzi all at 75% of retail or better. For a few thousand dollars, you could get a complete wardrobe worth over $15k. Sadly, they closed when the main store in Chitown went belly up. In the second tier were Malo, NM Last Call, Off Fifth, JP Tods and Loro Piana where you could count on finding killer items for 75% off, sometimes better. I even once scored a cashmere lined Lambskin bomber by Baldessarini at Hugo Boss for $250 from $3500. Barneys, Zegna and Polo have always stunk, though I did score two RLPL suits about 5 years ago for $299/each and some great Agnona cashmere pieces for 90% off when Zegna was closing down the men's line. Than it all turned about a 2-3 years ago when the professional Ebay shoppers descended. Prices went up, discounts went down and picking got mighty slim. I used to hit the place 10-12 times per year, these days I'll go 3-4 and end buying 1-2 items versus the dozen or so i used to come home with. Very sad, indeed.
frown.gif

BankerBoi

Reaction score
Last January I picked up two Burberry coats, $200 each, down from $600 - $800.

I was looking for Tumi luggage deals, but there were no significant savings there.

halpap

Reaction score
I have gotten some good deals at NM Last Call, a Corneliani sports jacket for $115 and an Armani sports jacket at $200. Claimed original retail on them were over $1k and $2k respectively.

I think the Hickey Freeman outlet can be quite good if you get lucky. At the end of the winter, they reduced their winter suits to $300, and I got a hand sewn for that price. Summer stuff may be similarly reduced right now.

I don't think much of off 5th and I think that you generally have to get lucky in Woodbury Commons to really score. I live nearby and go fairly frequently and only once in a while do I find a really good deal.

chas

Reaction score
I was there today. It was a bit of a mess with regard to traffic and sheer number of people, but that is what I get for going on labor day weekend. I spent almost 5 hours there and ended up with two ties from Neiman Marcus last call. A Brioni for $68 (20% off $85) and a RLPL for $40 (20% of $59).

Macy's had some nice Hickey Freeman Suits for $599 (as did Neimen's) and I did see one glen plaid Oxxford there for $599 (size 44L).

All in all there was some decent value to be had there if you are willing to look. That being said, I would strongly recommend against going there this weekend. I

On random Saturday in the fall, or even better during the week, I think that it is worth the trip - just not this weekend.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ on outlets going downhill
+ on ebay speculators having contributed to that
devil.gif

I seldom bother going to my local one these days.
Off5th has become a sick joke ( it wasn't much to start with ) ; HF prices are in the clouds; SF became awful with a rare pair of plain Jane Tramezza cinnamon captoes going for $470 ( I asked the floor guy if they were looking to retire early. He didn't get the joke
plain.gif
)
Barneys outlet is its usual dumpster self; you know what kind of queer stuff BB carries; POLO is the usual, predictable yawn; HB used to stock decent shearlings which, by now, are history. So that's about it.
Oh, and thanks to some marketing brainfart we never got the Last Call
musicboohoo[1].gif

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halpap

I don't think much of off 5th .....l.

I am surprised, having only been a very few times (2 or maybe 3), and managed a bamboo Canali that I really love for $119 I think it was, what is the issue with Off 5th?

Besides most of the stuff is junk and the staff treats it like junk :)

Michael1981

Reaction score
At some outlets in Canada you can score pretty good deals if you look.

In Windsor is the Hugo Boss Outlet, if its your sort of thing they often have the entire range of samples (Usually in a 40R), with suits at $199.

You can hit up Holts last call every once and while. I dont fit off the rack but Ive seen some really good deals on Dior, Gieves and Hawkes, Alexander McQueen, Michael Bastian, some Isaia. They get large shipments of RLPL and RLBL directly from Ralph Lauren but you have to luck out on these ones since resellers come by and scoop them up. Suits at $599. Of all the Canadian outlets this one is the best. During regular periods the prices are the same as Now or Never sale, but every 8-10 weeks they will mark product down to an extra 50% off the sale price.

Harry Rosens outlet is a joke so I wouldnt bother stopping in there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads