• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine's Heritage Line...

5tan

Reaction score
Do all Wolverine's fit large?
I'm planning to pickup the Wesley Wingtip Chukka very soon, but since there aren't any retailers in my area that carry them I'll be looking to order them off revolve, and all this have is an 8.

I wear an 8 in RedWings, so I'm hoping they fit similar. Otherwise Ive got to find another place to order from.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Is revolve clothing the cheapest place to get these?

If you're able to get the 30% off discount for new customers (if they even still offer it...I hope they do), then yes it is. Most other places seem to be fairly consistent with pricing on the 1000 Mile series.

darkbat

Reaction score
Crane's how do you clean your boots prior to applying boot oil / snoseal ? I heard saddle soap is the standard? What about the Montana Pitch Blend leather soap?

Funksy

Reaction score
Alright guys, this is what I'm looking for. A 1K Miles in Brown or Rust, 7.5, wide.

Been searching all the places I could find for a while, but have not been able to find it. Hoping your kung fu is stronger than mine.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkbat
Crane's how do you clean your boots prior to applying boot oil / snoseal ? I heard saddle soap is the standard? What about the Montana Pitch Blend leather soap?

I use lexol cleaner once in a blue moon. Most of the time I just use a boot brush, tooth brush and a damp rag.

Funksy

Reaction score
What's the best way for me to measure my foot for these? The only pair of shoes I've ever worn that was more expensive than $90 is my combat boots for the Air Force...

I used about.com's method for finding shoe size based on inches http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/ss/measurefeet.htm but according to them I'm a 7.5 and I typically wear an 8.5. I've seen people say that you should downsize a half size, but should I go down from what I typically wear or from what I measure as? Thanks for the assistance.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Funksy
What's the best way for me to measure my foot for these? The only pair of shoes I've ever worn that was more expensive than $90 is my combat boots for the Air Force...

I used about.com's method for finding shoe size based on inches http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/ss/measurefeet.htm but according to them I'm a 7.5 and I typically wear an 8.5. I've seen people say that you should downsize a half size, but should I go down from what I typically wear or from what I measure as? Thanks for the assistance.

I typically wear a size 9 in all proper shoes besides Yuketen (9.5 in most sneakers), and I went to an 8D in the Wolverine. That's a full size. They fit perfectly.

Funksy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
I typically wear a size 9 in all proper shoes besides Yuketen (9.5 in most sneakers), and I went to an 8D in the Wolverine. That's a full size. They fit perfectly.

Could you do me a huge favor and measure your foot in inches? I know that's sort of wierd, but it would REALLY help me, because I have no idea what I wear in "proper shoes". I know what I wear in Converse, Nike, Aldo, and combat boots, and none of them fit all that well.

If you measure, I'll just use that to compare to the about.com measurements and see what the difference is.

Much appreciated!

alexspecs

Reaction score
If it helps any to compare sizes, this is what is says on the tongue of my wolverine ascots.

5141486505_456c75a67a_z.jpg

I've found that the european sizes are most accurate. I'm always between a 40 and 41. This can differ from a 6uk to an 8us though.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions

1) What effects would Obeanuf LP have on the Tan Addisons-- colour wise?

2) I'm normally a 9.0D in most shoes however in the LL Bean Katahdin's I'm a 8.5D and they are a perfect fit! Should I stick to the same size with these?

3) Are pictures of the Tan Addisons off in regards to how bright they are on revolve clothing?

foreverly

Reaction score
1. - you can expect them to darken some with obenauf's. probably make them better imo, & would be a richer hue of yellow, like a gourd or squash.

If you don't need complete weather proofing then you might try Venetian Shoe Cream which Horween recommends for Chromexcel leather. From my understanding you can expect less of a color change with Venetian Shoe Cream (another classic Chicago product).

2 - My Adidas are 9D, AE's 8.5, Wolverines 1K are 8's. I'd go with 8...

3 - no, that's about right. if you have a Neiman Marcus nearby they should have them to see in person.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys how are these in relation to clarks? i'm a 7.5 in clarks dbs...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads