• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First post here!
I found strange pic on Facebook of the 744LTD posted by the same person that posted pics here ... The color is very disturbing, very greenish ... Do you guys know if it is a fake or the real shoes ?

Ignore just about anything this guy has to say or posts pics of.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have seen the same pics.  A sharp looking shoe to me which lead me to place my order in.  

How very interesting. Green you say?

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First post here!
I found strange pic on Facebook of the 744LTD posted by the same person that posted pics here ... The color is very disturbing, very greenish ... Do you guys know if it is a fake or the real shoes ?

I googled image searched and found the pics you're talking about. Wow, the greenish color looks disgusting. I really hope that's just bad color correction from his camera....

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw it. Looks a bit bulbous as well. I am surprised that pic is already posted online when actual retailers cannot put anything up yet

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just saw it. Looks a bit bulbous as well. I am surprised that pic is already posted online when actual retailers cannot put anything up yet

There's been some discussion here already. He's not allowed to post pictures. So he's likely in hot water with Wolverine now.

PetzZz

Reaction score
I googled image searched and found the pics you're talking about. Wow, the greenish color looks disgusting. I really hope that's just bad color correction from his camera....

It can't be the correction of the camera because the 721LTD near the pseudo-744LTD is in the right color ...
I find it a bit bulbous too but well, I think we can believe Crane and wait for pics of the REAL shoe.
I just hope that I will not miss the 721 LTD, especially because there is a pair in my size on eBay.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked the guy on FB who took the photo of the 744 if it was actually green or it was just his camera's color correction. He said "It's actually green."

WTF?!

Marcus

Reaction score
1. I do think the green shoe looks great. With the right pants they would look nice.

2. I do not see why anyone here is upset that there is someone releasing pictures early. That is something Wolverine should worry about.

burnso

Reaction score
The pic/ boot looks authentic to me... but, if Crane's casting doubt (rather than not saying anything), then I'm not sure what to believe.

Was thinking that the green colour would darken a fair bit to be a kind of black-but-dark-green boot, which in my mind I have warmed to.
Might just oil and/ or wax them to darken if Im not happy.

You guys think going up half a size should be enough for an insole addition?

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2.  I do not see why anyone here is upset that there is someone releasing pictures early.  That is something Wolverine should worry about.

Exactly. Let's stop with the boy scout ****.

What's more likely to hurt sales? Leaked photos or making your boots green?

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see how someone would get a hold of a one-off Wolverine boot. It has to be the production model I would think.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1.  I do think the green shoe looks great.  With the right pants they would look nice.

2.  I do not see why anyone here is upset that there is someone releasing pictures early.  That is something Wolverine should worry about.

I'm going to call a spade a spade. What are you doing here? Promoting your new found buddy? He's been banned here for his antics. What kind of deal did he cut you for coming here and chatting him up? Do you know what complicit and duplicit mean? You're both.

Did your buddy bother to tell you that he's on thin ice with Wolverine? What part of Wolverine corporate reads this thread don't you understand?

Stupid is as stupid does. Were you stupid enough to pay for the boots already?

Exactly. Let's stop with the boy scout ****.
What's more likely to hurt sales? Leaked photos or making your boots green?

Let's not.

That's all find and dandy except this guy is undermining everything Wolverine is doing with these boots. Why don't you ask the guys at Leffot how they feel about this? I bet they're pissed.... and laughing at the same time. Perhaps you would understand it better if you had a **** load of your own money tied up in stock and followed your dealer agreement. It's never a good time when some renegade asshole comes around and ***** up all of your advertising conceptuals/plans along with flagrantly violating MAP/MSRP. policy.

I don't see how someone would get a hold of a one-off Wolverine boot. It has to be the production model I would think.

At best it's a pre production model.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's all find and dandy except this guy is undermining everything Wolverine is doing with these boots. Why don't you ask the guys at Leffot how they feel about this? I bet they're pissed.... and laughing at the same time. Perhaps you would understand it better if you had a **** load of your own money tied up in stock and followed your dealer agreement. It's never a good time when some renegade asshole comes around and ***** up all of your advertising conceptuals/plans along with flagrantly violating MAP/MSRP. policy.

You're over-reacting. If I was Wolverine, I'd be happy some hardcore shoe nerds care enough about their product to sit around all day and discuss them. If the boots aren't actually green, I'm going to purchase a pair. Just like if I'd never seem some blurry photo. Calm down bro, it's not the end of the world! You could reasonably make an argument that leaks are good... they get people talking. In this case, maybe not since the leather looks like someone hurled pea soup on it. LOL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads