• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

TCUtiger89

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought a pair of 1000 miles and actually had to return my first pair to wolverine as stitching by the eyelets came undone after minimal wear. I just received my new pair (brown) and there seems to be a noticeable difference in color as the right boot is darker. I'm sick of shipping the boots back and fourth. Is there a fix for this or should I just get over it?

thanks!

sthomas26

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought a pair of 1000 miles and actually had to return my first pair to wolverine as stitching by the eyelets came undone after minimal wear. I just received my new pair (brown) and there seems to be a noticeable difference in color as the right boot is darker. I'm sick of shipping the boots back and fourth. Is there a fix for this or should I just get over it?

thanks!

The color difference I've chalked up to be a sign that you actually have a real leather boot. I have the same "issue" on my rust wolverines. You'll get over it. After you oil them it might even out a bit. It's not an issue unless there's a big difference obviously where someone can look down at your shoes and notice, if that's the case it's a bit different.

Pecan89

Reaction score

Hi. I recently bought a pair of 1000 miles and actually had to return my first pair to wolverine as stitching by the eyelets came undone after minimal wear. I just received my new pair (brown) and there seems to be a noticeable difference in color as the right boot is darker. I'm sick of shipping the boots back and fourth. Is there a fix for this or should I just get over it?

thanks!

Yea my tan pair were slightly different out of the box. Its just natural variations in the leather. They certainty will seem more even after wear and whatever treatment/care you go with. Thats leather, so I'd say get over it!

Does anyone have any pic of some broken in Morley's? Also is there any special care required with them?

Yea I'd be interested to see some pics too. I'm curious about using saddle soap on them. I feel like I've heard some equestrian people say no on rough out

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some mention in this thread that they use shoe trees, any specific ones that fit the 1ks well? Woodlore epics, ultras, etc.? Boot trees?

Pecan89

Reaction score
Morley's came in the mail today look great but for the life of me I cant understand why they do whatever they do to the toe. Feel like I'm gonna love these even more than my original tans after some good wear

rutabaga

Reaction score
Morley's came in the mail today look great but for the life of me I cant understand why they do whatever they do to the toe. Feel like I'm gonna love these even more than my original tans after some good wear

On their website they describe it as using waxed flesh leather (waxed roughout, to my understanding), but it just looks like roughout with a wax burnished toe and heel to me. Is this incorrect?

As an aside, does anyone know of any waxed flesh boots currently in production and not required to be part of an MTO order (OSB, Viberg)?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On their website they describe it as using waxed flesh leather (waxed roughout, to my understanding), but it just looks like roughout with a wax burnished toe and heel to me. Is this incorrect?

As an aside, does anyone know of any waxed flesh boots currently in production and not required to be part of an MTO order (OSB, Viberg)?

I'm guessing it's rough out CXL or something very similiar. The Latham looks almost like the Morley but is made of Orion leather which is an oiled rough out leather.

Pecan89

Reaction score

This kinda leads me to believe its natural rough out cxl (positively biased because I want that). Most sites list them as tan not natural. They're definitely lighter than tan inside and out. The toe is burnished and the heel. It looks fine I'd just rather it be left alone but $240 I don't care that much

Really digging the rough out and rubber sole. These boots just don't want to be babied. No more little scratch marks from every twig in my yard or big scrapes from right angles in chairs booths barstools

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads