• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

ronnythebest

Reaction score
Thats why you have nordy...

Anyway, what color goes best with jeans? I checked a thousand of pictures and still cant decide for myself. Some people say rust gets darker than brown after wear...
I do have Beckman in cigar- what color matches cigar in wolverine line? I want something different.. Decisions.

walds11

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of 1000 mile boots. They are excellent boots and very well made. The plain toe wasn't doing it for me so I exchanged them for a pair of 1000 Mile Courtland boots, which are a moc toe design. They had to be special ordered, should arrive in about a week. I really like the Vibram rubber pad for more traction in wet environments(not an all leather sole like the regular 1000 Mile Boots). These will make a nice dress boot and will compliment my Red Wing Iron Rangers very nicely.

clambaek

Reaction score
I'm also trying to figure out what color to go with. I'd be wearing 'em almost exclusively with chinos/jeans, nothing raw yet. I feel like it's down to Rust or Brown, what would be more versatile?

Winterbourne

Reaction score

I'm also trying to figure out what color to go with. I'd be wearing 'em almost exclusively with chinos/jeans, nothing raw yet. I feel like it's down to Rust or Brown, what would be more versatile?

Comes down to personal preference. I think either rust or brown would work equally well, but I'd opt for the rust. I wear both the black and the tan pair with nearly everything, except shorts and a suit of course. As long as your pants/denim isn't hiding most of the boot, you're going to get compliments/inquiries/photographed when wearing them. Oppositely, cuffing your pants high enough to display the entire boot always seemed to me a bit much and mainly exclusive to the hipsters.

striker

Reaction score
For me, it would be rust. The brown color is found in so many other boots besides wolverine. I've seldom seen rust in other brands and it pairs beautifully with many colors.

ronnythebest

Reaction score
Received today a brand new pair from nordy, one shoe has some scuffs and annoying clicking coming from the middle of the sole. Also the middle part is a bit elevated on that shoe. A little disappointed

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

Definitely brown or rust. I own the tan and although I like it, its not as versatile.

I second the brown or rust. I would also say that the brown isn't as standard as some have alluded. I picked up mine online under the pretense that I was getting rust, but I'm thinking what I received is the brown colour. That being said, the brown have a rust to them as well and they're not your typical boring brown.

milw50717

Reaction score

Received today a brand new pair from nordy, one shoe has some scuffs and annoying clicking coming from the middle of the sole. Also the middle part is a bit elevated on that shoe. A little disappointed

Send them back for replacement if you are not happy.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got rust, and I'm happy with it. Unless you really like brown, get the rust, as it'll just get a little darker eventually, and it makes an interesting visual - not quite brown, with maybe a tad orange mixed in. To me it's much more interesting than a plain, flat brown.

CEE88

Reaction score
I'm considering ordering the Krause boot online and am looking for advice on sizing.

I have a pair of the 744 Ltd in size 11 and they fit perfectly.

Should I order the Krause in size 11? 10.5? Some other size?

Thanks.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm considering ordering the Krause boot online and am looking for advice on sizing.

I have a pair of the 744 Ltd in size 11 and they fit perfectly.

Should I order the Krause in size 11? 10.5? Some other size?

Thanks.

I'd order the Krause in 10.5

walds11

Reaction score
Just to let ya'll know, Sherman Brothers is having a 15% off the entire store sale. Use code Hot2013. That's where I picked up my Courtlands. They will be delivered to my doorstep tomorrow :)

ronnythebest

Reaction score
Some picture of recently aquired boots, all in august..... Wanted only one pair of Red Wings Beckman , because it was a really good price from amazon. Got IR to compare, dont like them much. Then W1K... QC is horrible, brown pair is going back for exchange, and prob will get rust.
So, in the end 3 pairs.
Beckman in cigar, runs really narrow. Id say almost the same color as Wolverine Brown.
W1K black and Red Wing Iron rangers in Amber Harness

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads