• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

striker

Reaction score
If it's any consolation, you didn't miss out much. The STPs are more trouble than they are worth.

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
how much will these stretch?? I really want to wear mine but they are snug...really snug.

I got them on the STP sale...I think about .5 size too small... willing to trade and I've already passed the return date.
mine were pretty snug but fit slightly large. I was worried I sized too small as well but they are fine now, especially if I wear thicker socks.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

mine were pretty snug but fit slightly large.  I was worried I sized too small as well but they are fine now, especially if I wear thicker socks.

I ordered my typical size in the 1000 miles - D width instead of E however - and they for quite well. It could be due to the fact that I have pretty wide feet, as sometimes it's suggested to order these tts in larger sizes, I'm a 14, if you have wide feet. I haven't worn them outside yet due to it being summer, but they don't seem like they would stretch a ton. Maybe just enough to fit well.

A thinner sock works for me in boots I've ordered a size below that fit snug. I find it a pain however, ESP when they're really meant for wintery conditions. However, you could definitely get by with these.

chen04

Reaction score
how do you guys usually lace your shoes? do you just wrap it around the back or tie each stud? i have a bunch of marks from tying into each stud. any way to minimize them? thanks!

zxing

Reaction score
I have had my Wolverine 1000 Mile boots for 7 months now. There seems to be some abnormal creasing on the right boot. The side creases are much more pronounced and deep on the right boot compared to the left, and the leather seems softer. The sides of the right boot "sags" more than the sides on the left. Is this normal, or should I contact the factory?

The first two pictures are of the right boot, while the last two are of the left.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have had my Wolverine 1000 Mile boots for 7 months now. There seems to be some abnormal creasing on the right boot. The side creases are much more pronounced and deep on the right boot compared to the left, and the leather seems softer. The sides of the right boot "sags" more than the sides on the left. Is this normal, or should I contact the factory? The first two pictures are of the right boot, while the last two are of the left.
I'll grant you, that's pretty ugly creasing, but CXL does that. Wolverine *might* say that it's horrific enough to warrant replacement, but I wouldn't count on it. Sometimes that's just the luck of the draw. It's not due to defective quality, it's just that there's no way to know how a piece of leather is going to wear in until it's actually worn in.

gearhead

Reaction score
LOL, i've never seen such a difference between a boot, even with months of wear, its like dr jekyll and mr hyde

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL, i've never seen such a difference between a boot, even with months of wear, its like dr jekyll and mr hyde

Seriously, look at the large pics of the right boot. It looks like the entire heel area was crushed or something. My boots have been through a whole lot more and don't look anything like that. I wonder if they're wearing the boots without tying the laces or something.

gearhead

Reaction score
yes, it could be he is rolling his right ankle like he's michael jackson or something
i demand a video of ur gait zxing, the pics u posted have me perplexed, and i must get to the bottom of this

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously, look at the large pics of the right boot. It looks like the entire heel area was crushed or something. My boots have been through a whole lot more and don't look anything like that. I wonder if they're wearing the boots without tying the laces or something.

You know, he says the "sides of the boot sags more on the right side than the left." Taken with you suggesting not tying the laces, that might be it. Otherwise, what would he mean by saying the sides sag? If the laces aren't tied up on the speedhooks, but worn like the cool kids do, with the tongue out and pants tucked in, I can see the sides flopping outward and creasing like that. In which case it would be user error.

chimaki

Reaction score
right boot looks like it was left underwater for an extended period of time or something, that's some terrible creasing.

milw50717

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that with normal care and normal wear that any boots would look like that. More to this than meets the eye methinks.

striker

Reaction score
One boot was made using seal leather retrieved from some sunken ship centuries ago. The other is just regular CXL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads