• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
That's interesting: the new Rockford is a balmoral work boot. That's the first I've seen anywhere. I like the idea of it, but it's almost a clash of formal/informal. I suspect I'll have to see it myself. If it works, it makes the boot a touch dressier and thus more versatile.

BrownieElf

Reaction score
Contemplating getting these in rust.

Went to a local retailer. My feet on the braddock device are 11.5 US. I wear 10.5 clarks desert boots.

I tried on a 10.5 and it was loose. My heel was slipping, tried on a 10 and they felt good, heel didn't slip and i could wiggle my toes fine. The only place they were alittle tight was on the top of my foot where the tongue is. Will this stretch out?, or should i just size down 1 full size.

I had on some thin dress socks. This is what i usually wear. I don't know what that "toe jam" is that a poster was talking about.

Also resolve doesn't show my size. Can they order them in anyway so i can get that 30% discount?

judgecrandall

Reaction score
I couldn't decide if I liked the regular 1000 boot or the Addison better, so I ended up ordering both in brown from Revolve. They only had 9.5 left, and I wasn't sure about sizing, but luckily they ended up fitting quite well. A little tight in the width and on the top, especially with thicker socks, but the heel fits well and the overall fit should be great once they break in. In case my sizing info might help anyone, I usually wear a 10.5-11 in regular shoes (Nike, Adidas, etc) and ~10 in most dress shoes (although I wear size 9 EEE in Allen Edmonds Park Ave). I thought I would like the Addison better based on pictures I'd seen online, but I found it just didn't look quite right in person. So I'll be returning those and keeping the regular 1000 boot. I'm pretty excited because I've been looking for some nice boots for awhile! Thanks to everyone who posted in this and other threads and convinced me to get these!

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrownieElf
Contemplating getting these in rust.

Went to a local retailer. My feet on the braddock device are 11.5 US. I wear 10.5 clarks desert boots.

I tried on a 10.5 and it was loose. My heel was slipping, tried on a 10 and they felt good, heel didn't slip and i could wiggle my toes fine. The only place they were alittle tight was on the top of my foot where the tongue is. Will this stretch out?, or should i just size down 1 full size.

I had on some thin dress socks. This is what i usually wear. I don't know what that "toe jam" is that a poster was talking about.

Also resolve doesn't show my size. Can they order them in anyway so i can get that 30% discount?

I just special requested 1000 mile original from Revolve and got the 30% discount. It probably took a couple weeks before they received them (they originally told me end of June) but as soon they showed up in the warehouse I got an email and they were on my doorstep before the end of the next day.

If you are planning to wear as dress boots/around town I think you should size down. Toe jamming is an issue if you are hiking and walking down hills. In a braddock I'm 7.5E/8D. My AEs are 7.5E, Clarks DB 8 (they don't have wide). I tried on the 1000 mile in a 7.5 at a local shop and felt there was plenty of room. I ordered the 7 from Revolve and they fit perfectly, are super comfortable, and there is lot of "give" in the leather which I'm sure will only become more relaxed with time.

Revolve is also generous with returns as long as you show zero signs of wear. I was hesitant when I first got the 7 but it's great.

BrownieElf

Reaction score
I know i need to size down. The general concensus on the thread seems to be 1/2 to 1 size down and your golden.

The boots that seemed a good fit to me (except the tightness on top of my left foot) were 1 1/2 size smaller than my braddock measurement. Does that seem extreme? Hate to order these too small, but i don't want to be floating in them either. I do have cold weather here, so maybe i should leave alittle room for a heavier sock if i need it and just go with a 10 1/2.

BrownieElf

Reaction score
Also does anyone have a worn in pair of rust they can post a picture of? Resolve only has brown. They would have to special order my size anyway so its no guarantee they can get them. So it looks like i might be able to get brown for around 227 or rust for full price. Not sure if those colors are so different that i should worry about it. but i really liked that rust color when i saw it, but if that redness fades away to brown anyway, then i see no point in spending 100 more for it.

i plan on putting some kind of sno guard on these, and supposedly it darkens them up quite a bit anyway...if rust just turns to brown anyway, i'll go for the discounted ones...otherwise it looks like i'll have to pay retail for rust.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Does anyone have any pics of some well-worn in Addisons?
I'm working on it. It's muck season and plenty of rain is in the forecast. I'm rotating my 1Ks now that I have 3 pairs of them. LOL. The next couple of days I'll be wearing my 721LTDs. I'm going to the ranch this weekend for a little fishing and my tan Addisons are going to see some water and mud for sure.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by judgecrandall
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...s.aspx?a=78106

Stumbled across this today and thought you guys might be interested. These are seconds, but this is a pretty good price with a lot of available sizes. I'm tempted to order another pair, but the 9.5 from Revolve fits me perfectly, and 9.5 is one of the sizes they don't have.

Link doesn't work...

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
Thanks, I ordered in black. Use coupon SG2960 and you can get an additional $15. off. Shipping is about $18.00.

I hope these seconds are in good shape.

Probably nothing major. It's a tempting deal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads