• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could you explain your 'no'? And why would you prefer the classic 1K?

For the exact reasons that MarioImpemba mentioned. It doesn't seem comparable to shell and it looks just as nice as CXL on the regular plain toe boot. It's just different....

Somar

Reaction score
if you want to risk it, sierra trading is doing a pretty huge sale on the factory 2nds. some of them end up being like $113 or so
Thanks, but I already found that out. They don't have my size, but I did add myself to their 're-stock' mailing list.

Thanks anyway mate :)

ronnythebest

Reaction score
I cant decide for myself what size to keep. 8.5D in black, 9D - brown.
8.5D fits ok with a dress sock, snug with wool and kind of tight w insole. I can use a bit more width, but not critical, although I see a toe popping from the side lol. I like the slimmer look on it, but I do not like that it creases diagonally. There is maybe 1/2 inch space in the toe box, so the length is fine.
9D fits a little loose with dress socks, some heel slippage, better w wool and insole. There is like almost 1 inch free space in the toe box? I am not sure that I like the wider look on it, but i do like that creasing is more proportional?
what do you think guys? Should I try 8.5eee? Or stick with one of the sizes that I have already? Thanks

Last edited:

chimaki

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.

Job Monjubless

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.
me too
same situation
however, my paypal email and my purchase email are the same
I've emailed them 2 times but didn't receive any respond yet

V1KTA222

Reaction score
me too
same situation
however, my paypal email and my purchase email are the same
I've emailed them 2 times but didn't receive any respond yet

This has been a problem with repertoire sales in the past. Seems like they get overwhelmed with purchases. There have been past posts on Reddit about this. Not a good reason for them to ignore emails and not pick up the phone, but it seems like people ultimately get what they ordered, just after a long wait.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With regard to sizing; in my experience, after a complete resole the boots fit wider than before. Maybe something to consider if keeping a size that's already loose.
Oh; what a fkn crazy thing to do to not one but two boots!!

LIMBERLION

Reaction score
Wolverine just restocked all the sizes they didn't have on their site. So if you wanted a retail pair but your size was out of stock it is there now.

milw50717

Reaction score
Let me join the public stone throwing. That is not really a good way to treat a boot when determining amount of free space in the toe area. Simply wiggling your toes, raising your big toe and pressing down gently with your thumb should be sufficient. The 1K boots do have a fairly solid toe box and it must have taken some force to press them in like that.

900x900px-LL-68da306d_image.jpeg

As for sizing, I would always go with slightly too large than slightly too small as your feet will expand if your are on them all day.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine they spring right back.

I didn't like how bulbous my RW Beckman's were, so I bashed the toe with a hammer, put them in a vice, etc. The toe would indent, but pop right back up.

milw50717

Reaction score

I'd imagine they spring right back.

I didn't like how bulbous my RW Beckman's were, so I bashed the toe with a hammer, put them in a vice, etc. The toe would indent, but pop right back up.

I hope that they did. I'd hate to see another post in a few weeks with someone complaining about one boot with a crushed toe box and the other OK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads