• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I bought a pair of 1Ks and think I may need to size down another 1/2.  I can slide my foot forward and fit a finger behind my heel with casual socks.  This is my first pair of boots so I don't really know how to gauge what sort of room should be left for foot expansion.  Thoughts are appreciated!

I take it the boots aren't tied when you do this? If that's the case it is not an indicator of whether or not you size down.

deaddog

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered - but do the Krause boots fit the same as the original 1000 mile? How about the other boots in the line - Rockford, Addison, etc - do they fit the same as the original 1000 mile?

thanks

theclipper

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for getting small amounts of mold out of the boot leather? I just noticed a few small spots on the outside of one of the boots. I tried brushing off the spots real well but they come back again in a day or two.

Thanks

striker

Reaction score
Abit of alcohol wipes or vinegar, baking aoda solution should do the trick. I would treat them with abit of obenauf to prevent future outbreaks.

In fact, i would clean the entire boot with saddle soap first. Spots of mold is an indication that there is some kind of systemic fungal growth everywhere else, especially those that reoccur.. After cleaning dry them properly and treat them.

Brushing is good for dirt and stuff but not great for removing molds, fungus etc.

Last edited:

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More like mildew. It happens all the time with damp horse tack if you put it away where there's no air circulation. We use a weak bleach water to kill it and then oil the hell out of it once it's dry.

theclipper

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. They basically look like white spots that recur. Although I do have some spots on the edges of lesser worn shoes that look like bread mold spots. The main problem is that I live in an old wet Seattle house. It's probably time to invest in a heavy duty dehumidifier.

jeefbeef

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of 1000 mile boots from a department store. Before I wore them, I threw on a light coat of boot oil, let them dry, then walked around for a few hours on a nice day. When I got back, I noticed this:

Is this normal wear, or should I think about exchanging them for a different pair if I can? Will this significantly affect the life of the boot?

Momentum80

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I purchased a pair of Red Wing Beckman boots, they are a size 11.5 and I am selling them on because they look a little long (a little like clown shoes) for me. The fit of the actual boot is quite boot, maybe has about 1/2 a cm in the heel.

So If i'm roughly an 11.5/ in the beckman, what size should I get in the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots?

Also what is the best colour for the boots, I like the Cordovan No.8 but I'm not sure whether to go for that or the brown.

Also anyone had experience getting revolve clothing to send to Australia? Am looking to take take advantage of the 30% discount.

Thanks everyone

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I purchased a pair of 1000 mile boots from a department store. Before I wore them, I threw on a light coat of boot oil, let them dry, then walked around for a few hours on a nice day. When I got back, I noticed this: Is this normal wear, or should I think about exchanging them for a different pair if I can? Will this significantly affect the life of the boot?
I don't see anything odd about your boots at all. Brush them and get some of the leaching wax off of them.
Hey everyone, I purchased a pair of Red Wing Beckman boots, they are a size 11.5 and I am selling them on because they look a little long (a little like clown shoes) for me. The fit of the actual boot is quite boot, maybe has about 1/2 a cm in the heel. So If i'm roughly an 11.5/ in the beckman, what size should I get in the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots? Also what is the best colour for the boots, I like the Cordovan No.8 but I'm not sure whether to go for that or the brown. Also anyone had experience getting revolve clothing to send to Australia? Am looking to take take advantage of the 30% discount. Thanks everyone
You don't play with shoe sizes so they don't look like clown shoes. You buy the correct size and get over it or find something else. As far as color goes you pick the color that best suits you. I'm partial to light tans so that's the best color for me. Others would say black and that's not a color I would prefer at all.
That crushes my hopes and dreams. Does anyone know how to get a pair of these in Australia at a better price?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know a place...... LOL! Try dialing 1-573-254-3311 or send Dave an email at cranescountrystore (at) gmail.com

DesmondD

Reaction score
That crushes my hopes and dreams. Does anyone know how to get a pair of these in Australia at a better price?
Email Crane's - they'll look after you. Still gonna be an expensive pair of boots, but at least you know that Crane's will check them for quality and defects before they ship them off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads