1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Those look great and all eyelets is a win for me!

2. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Yeah, I'm getting annoyed with the lace shredding that seems to happen over time with my Wolverines.

3. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I had a pair of OSBs. My opinion was that they are a super-quality boot, though not of particularly different quality than W1K, except that W1K's don't come in Natty CXL. That said, I found that they were wayyyyyy too wide, and I have a really wide foot (9.5EEE AE, 9.5E Alden). I went with my True length, and I found that they were too short, while also being much too wide, both at the joint of my foot, and in the heel, even with the laces tied all the way closed. It was bizarre, my toe was banging against the forward part of the boot, while also sliding side to side every-which-way inside the boot. They seemed to be sized appropriately otherwise though, the joint of my foot was in *exactly* the right place for how the shoe is shaped, right at the flex point of the sole. But I had no toe room in front of that point.

They are gorgeous, but I just don't see how anyone fits into them.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Send me a pair and in four years I'll let you know.

5. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Lol!
    Is that a nitrile sole on those?

6. spena

spena Member

thanks for this, i do prefer the 1k rust colour than the rockford brown

7. GSHARP87

GSHARP87 Member

I'm starting to really appreciate owning a good pair of boots. Aesthetically they look fantastic and the comfort was there from the first wearing.

Already looking for some Shell's as my next purchase. I like the rust in these but I may go for something a bit darker for variety.

[​IMG]

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I don't know. I do know after wearing them a while they'll get the raptor treatment. Then I would beat them to death and see how they hold up. LOL!

9. aeroxg

aeroxg New Member

YES! Just got my Rust W1K's from Crane's today! :slayer:

These are my first pair of badass boots, so here comes my one and only noob question after going through this thread.

I know all about Crane's method and which products to use (bought Obenauf's LP, Oil and Cleaner).

BUT, is it necessary to oil and LP them right out of the box?? I want to wear and show them off right now lol.

Thanks again for hookin it up Crane!

10. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

I wore mine for a few months before treating them, but the weather was nice.

11. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Not a problem and thanks.

I always say mitigation is the best way to go. A light application of conditioner is never a bad thing to do before you wear them. You never know what you might step in or end up having spilled on them at the bar or club. If nothing else it also helps keep the indigo from sticking to the leather too if that's a concern.

12. twocoloreyes

twocoloreyes Active Member

havent checked on this thread in a long time, but just wondering if anyone has heard about any new limited editions coming this year or next?

13. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Still going through the pics...

[​IMG]

14. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Love how these boots have that shine at the end.. how did you manage that..

15. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

yeah, how did you do that? very nice shine.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  16. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

Hmmm... Lookin at a pair of black courtlands for 150...

17. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

I just got back from trying on the 1000 Mile boots with proper socks. Last week, I had only thin ankle socks on. Not a good measure for fit.

It turns out I am a size 9.5 in these versus my normal 10.5 shoe size in everything else.

I thought it not possible, but the fit did not lie.

I tried on the size 10, going the recommended half size down, but you could see where the ball of my foot was during a step and it was way too far back in the boot. There was a good 2 inches of boot in front of that.

Put on the 9.5 and what a difference! The ball of my foot was right where it should have been, not too tight around the ankle, and good room in the toe box.

Who knew? The moral is to try these on before purchasing. I would have purchased the 10's and sent them back if I went with the standard half size down.

Now the only choice I have is color. That's proving to be a tough one. Brown, Rust or Cordovan No. 8.

Favoring Cordovan I think.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  18. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

Burgundy, cordovan or rust for me. They are Superman's boots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  19. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Nice! Did you get blown out of them in the nuclear blast the lighting in that pic suggests? :D