• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Hmmm, I was going to get some RW GTs for a second pair of winter boots, but my 1000 miles+topy'd sole seem to work fine in the snow (especially in the city). So...black or brown to act a second pair to my rust ones to give me a 'rotation' of winter boots...decisions decisions.

Also, does anyone use boot trees in their 1000 Miles and if so, where did you get them?

do you have a picture of what your Rust colored 1000 Mile's look like with age?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
do you have a picture of what your Rust colored 1000 Mile's look like with age?

I could probably take one tonight, I've had them since April (but really didn't wear them during the summer) and applied dubbin to it (yea yea, animal fat and all that, silly noob didn't know that at the time).

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can probably take a couple pics of mine tonight or tomorrow too. I polish mine with cordovan polish and a layer of mink oil after so the boots a touch darker that the original color and not (as) worn looking. (i like mine shiny)

In the winter I only wear the rust and black 1000mi so they have gotten a lot of use.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joshuakarjala
Does anyone have suggestions on how to avoid damage and scuff on the tung from the shoelace rivets?

Post a pic of the damage and another showing the boot being worn.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x2 on wanting to see some aged pics, specifically of Rust Originals w/snoseal after a winter.

Do these things get softer with wear? The heel's a bit rough. Also any NYCers know where I can get some sheepskin insoles locally?

jessetk313

Reaction score
Does an E width make the heel area a little wider also, and is the shoe longer at all? I am trying to figure out if I need an 8E or if I should just move up to the 8.5d. I just sold my 8d I had because the heel area seemed tight and around my toes but the length wasn't too much of a problem I dont think. As a reference I wear an 8.5 in Clarks Desert boots.

guyapprentice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
x2 on wanting to see some aged pics, specifically of Rust Originals w/snoseal after a winter. Do these things get softer with wear? The heel's a bit rough. Also any NYCers know where I can get some sheepskin insoles locally?
For sheepskin insoles, go to the UGG store on 68th columbus, or in Soho, costs $15.

joshuakarjala

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobm
I just ordered this product (Montana Pitch Blend) from a NYC retailer (Leffot) today and they are showing it used on the 1000 mile boots - which I have. I am hesitant to use Obenauf's on these boots as the color is so nice, I am not taking any chances on their products (good though they are), since they do change the color on some shoes/boots/leathers.

http://blog.leffot.com/category/shoe...end-shoe-care/
I will report back on this product soon.

Bob

How much did it soften up the boot? I'm worried that it'll make em too soft. Did you try them out in wet weather yet?

Ordered a can of Montana because of the recommendation of Leffot as well - but now I'm a bit worried of the animal fat (mink) from reading around.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joshuakarjala
How often do you do the Sno Seal treatment previously posted?

2 or 3 times a year depending mainly on how wet the environment I trudge through is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads