1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

I have used Sno-Seal with great results. You might want to warm your boots up in an oven at 150 degrees for about ten minutes. Use pot holders to protect your hands from the grommets when you remove them. The Sno-Seal seeps into the leather much better.
    WTF

2. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Use a hairdryer. I did a tutorial on this and posted it in two threads.

3. bobm

bobm Senior member

I hear that these boots run slightly large. With the idea that that comment is a bit vague, how much larger are the Wolverine sizes than a typical size 12?

My 10 D ran true to size, but my own 2 cents is that on boots like these, which are meant to be worn and walked in for long stretches, a thicker sock is recommended. The soles are leather- which means you feel the ground way more than a rubber sole, so that thicker sock adds comfort as well as protection for your feet. And thick doesn't mean hot; a good wool sock will breathe.
    Same thing goes for my Katahdin's and other work boots; I size them for mdeium to thick socks and find that a way more comfortable way to wear em'.

Bob

4. dobro

dobro New Member

Does anyone own both the Addison and the Original Boot style 1000 Mile? Do they fit the same or does the wingtip affect the fit/comfort?

Thanks!

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

My 10 D ran true to size, but my own 2 cents is that on boots like these, which are meant to be worn and walked in for long stretches, a thicker sock is recommended. The soles are leather- which means you feel the ground way more than a rubber sole, so that thicker sock adds comfort as well as protection for your feet. And thick doesn't mean hot; a good wool sock will breathe.
    Same thing goes for my Katahdin's and other work boots; I size them for mdeium to thick socks and find that a way more comfortable way to wear em'.

Bob

Good point Bob. I've said the same thing more or less. Perhaps I should have stressed this more. I wore arctic weight wool socks while hunting this weekend. My boots fit snug but not uncomfortably so. I usually wear midweight Smart Wool hiking socks with boots. My measured size is 8.5 D which is the size of all three pairs of my 1K boots.

Does anyone own both the Addison and the Original Boot style 1000 Mile? Do they fit the same or does the wingtip affect the fit/comfort?

Thanks!

Same fit across the board.

6. carl_muffin

carl_muffin Member

I have both and am about to collect my 721's todays!!

I find the point where the tongue joins the front of the boot at the bottom of the laces feel's tighter on the Addison style than the Original, but other than that they both feel great!!

Which ever one you choose you will not be disappointed!

7. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Wait which one's have tigher laces carl? I noticed that my addisons didn't tighten very tight, which I didn't like much.

8. Digitalrbb

Digitalrbb New Member

I purchased a pair of Wolverine LTD 721's. I heard they ran large so I got a size 10 (I am normally an 11), they fit but thought I would go up to a 10.5. These fit perfect, like a glove. In fact these feel like I am wearing gloves, they are butter, so soft and smooth. I am wearing normal socks as I will wear these boots year round and can't see wearing even medium socks in the summer.

I highly recommend these boots, as far as sizing goes, a half size down works for me, but if I was going to be wearing heavier socks, I would probably gone with my normal boot size. My normal size of 11 would be too long for my foot, my toes are perfectly situated in the 10.5. The boots are a D and my feet are wide so that helps.

9. carl_muffin

carl_muffin Member

I didn't find much difference between the to in relation to how tight the laces were able to go! Just that the point where the tongue joins the toe box felt tighter on the addison's.

When I spoke to the guys in store they said they had experienced the same with other customers who had tried both Addison and the Original!!

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I live in Los Angeles and bought these when it was still quite hot out, went down a full size from 9 to 8. They absolutely function for me (and feel great) at this size, but I'm not wearing very thick socks. If I were to buy again, and I'm sure I eventually will, I'd probably go with an 8.5 instead of an 8 (half size down), with the goal being to wear them with thick socks.

Anyway, they still fit great for me a full size down, no toe jamming (which is the most important thing). They are a bit snug with thick socks but still work.

11. maritimetimetime

maritimetimetime Well-Known Member

are there any big department stores that carry sno-seal? i can only seem to find them on amazon and other online retailers but id rather just go out and buy it at the store.

12. theuglylover

theuglylover Well-Known Member

are there any big department stores that carry sno-seal? i can only seem to find them on amazon and other online retailers but id rather just go out and buy it at the store.

REI

13. afterglow

afterglow Well-Known Member

I need some sizing and sourcing help. I'm a measured 9.5EEE but I usually wear a 10EEE or 10.5D for dress shoes, 11D for sneakers. What size should I get?? And what stores stock EEE?? Most only have D....the only one I found that stocks EEE is On The Fly....

14. Gruntle

Gruntle Senior member

I finally pulled the trigger on the black Addison boots. I really liked the tan but I don't need any more brown boots. Snoseal is on the way from Amazon, even though I don't intend to wear them in the snow at all. I've been wearing the original 1000 mile boot this week and damm are they comfortable right out the box.

15. COKE CAN

COKE CAN Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have a question about care. This one may be different than the norm:

I live in the desert. I am in Northern Kuwait. I am coming back to the States and want to pick up some leather treatment. What do you all recommend?

Weather temps change drastically. I would like to keep them conditioned.

16. lihao

lihao Well-Known Member

can this shoes last the winter ( snow and rain )? been looking for a boots which i can wear all seasons.

17. pat pearson

pat pearson Senior member

I have attached two photos of my boots in the rust color I just got last month.

They are absolutely brilliant. Walked 5 miles in them the other day and have never worn a shoe more consistently comfortable. Didn't have to break them in at all. I sized down a whole size ( as recommended) and they fit perfect. They looked pretty pimp next to the rucksack so I had to include a shot.

Cheers,

Pat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. bobm

bobm Senior member

They are absolutely brilliant. Walked 5 miles in them the other day and have never worn a shoe more consistently comfortable. Didn't have to break them in at all. I sized down a whole size ( as recommended) and they fit perfect. They looked pretty pimp next to the rucksack so I had to include a shot.

Cheers,

Pat

Thought I was looking at my room for a second there; same boots, same Filson rucksack. Agree very, very comfortable.

Bob

19. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

Cheers,

Pat

Those do not look like the Rust color that I saw when these first came out. I haven't seen a pair in person since, so maybe I am remembering wrong, or maybe Wolverine has changed the color a bit.

20. bobm

bobm Senior member

can this shoes last the winter ( snow and rain )? been looking for a boots which i can wear all seasons.

The answer is a definite NO! These are not made for heavy rain and/or snow. They are excellent well made boots, but there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better alternatives for rain and snow.

See my thread here.
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=212036

Bob