• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter boots & coat for daily walking, train-ride, and creative office environment.

Reaction score
Okay guys I'm in desperate need some specific ideas here.

What I wear now
a) I'm daily rocking black/grey/marine-blue chinos with white shirt's & black/grey/marine-blue v-neck sweaters pulled over in the winter (grey pants, black or blue top, and visa versus).
x) Irelevant, but (In the summer Blazers over shirts, or just shirts, - but I'm thinking of trying higher quality v-neck tshirts or polos also for the really hot days - I still wear chinos, but also sand colored, perhaps even light blue and so on) ...

b) I have been wearing black leather converse all stars, and a sand colored Lindbergh coat, in cold spring, and up untill now:

I need to keep a, and pair it with something that goes in my setting for the winter.

y) I'm about 10 kg overweight right now, danish looking but not with blond hair(my dad had that, my mom is more Italian looking), I have brown short hair, brown eyes, white-skin with a light brown tone, hairy-******... I'm 33 years old.

The setting
I work( as a grapical designer, website developer, and communication/media consultant at a small company runned by two girls(31 years old's, one of them very stylish and modern-classic, one of them very hipster cool - both of them beautiful), - they are doing highend-personal web-movie production for medium/bigger customers(company movies, employer-branding, presentation movies and so on).

The company is doing awesome, and is located in a part of an 6 flloored office community for creative tallents(about 15 companies in our part of the community on the 6'th floor) - computer game Developer's, movie makes, animators, script writers, sound-geeks, and so on (the ones up there is with few exceptions all running a hipster/movie cool style- like you would expect from upcomming creative tallents in those business's ... I don't think I have ever seen anyone up there in a suit, except some of the girls).

The building is located in somthing called the movie-city which is a small part of the town with all kinds of heavy movie and commercial settings(movie studios, advertising agencies and so on). On the other floors there is a huge education in chaos leadership (hipster-hippies that studies leadership), an education in advertising, and some other office communities.

My style is fitting in okay(I don't look like them, but seams to be accepted by them), and my focus is only on the two girls and our costumors.
I think I was hired to be presentable, not to look like a creative-bum.

So we are talking business casual here ...

The situation
I'm doing OK in term of my style right now (spring, summer, fall), I'm not wow but neither do I intend to be! But it's getting seriously cold here in denmark, and the winter is getting nearer.
Each day at 6.30 in the morning I go out wait for a bus for 10 minutes, then ride a train for an hour, and then walk for 15 minutes to get to work.

SO I need to pick up the following (on a very limited budget) - where I can take my trip back and forth to work, be at the office, sometimes go to events, network meetings,clients, and then travel back

What I need (in the follwing order).

- Winter Boots:
I would perfer not to change footwear at the office (I'f I have to I will do it, but will make my life so much easier not to do - which is also why I have invested in 5 pairs of converse instead of something dressier).

I have looked at, and is thinking dressier boots. - I'm just worried if I can find someone that can take the daily walking, be warm enough, and still be dressy at the office?

Alternatively I have looked at something like Redwing beckman gt, or Wolverine Boots - I'm worried if they are dressy enough.

- Winther Coat:
I say this one in here searching, and I really like the style:

But don't know if I can find something like this.

Have also thought about the classics, overcoat, pea coat(have looked at a kennth cole etc).
I don't know about the north face ones.

Scarf
Leather gloves
Final details so on
so on

Really hope you guys can help me out here ...

Thnx
/D

Last edited:

NormanF

Reaction score
Three things:

1) A Canada Goose parka or a Japan-sourced USA made Spiewak Golden Fleece N3B parka.

2) A pair of Thinsulate lined jeans to keep you warm on the coldest days.

3) Meindl Gastein GTX boots lined with lambskin and with a Vibram Ice Trek outsole.

You'll want expedition weight thermals. When it really gets cold outside, for your hands, you'll want metallic, silk, or polypropylene liner gloves to wear with lambskin lined leather gloves. Or 150 gram Thinsulate lined gloves when it gets too cold even for leather!

That should give you an acceptable winter wardrobe. You'll keep warm outdoors, at home, at work and around town.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thnx for the reply mate, saw it to late.

I have already bought these loyd boots.
The danish winter is not THAT nasty.
But perhaps your advice with throwing in a winter sole
And then getting some good thick winter sock will help.
No matter what they are better than my converse all stars :)

I am thinking of keeping my old jacket from last year, but new suggestions is welcomed!
It's an allen clark finer kind of peacoat.

I'm then thinking some cheap H&M skin gloves.

And a nice scarf ...

The chinos is okay warm ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads