• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received word from Emil. He would prefer to do a GMTO, so all the shoes to be made in the same design, construction and similar details etc.etc. Will try to convince him of the benefits of making this a MTO (garners more interest when guys can do what they wish). If not and this speaks to @acapaca query, you may incur a MTO fee of some sort plus additional fees for a different colored leather to be brought in.

Additionally, he will inquire the price of the actual piece of leather, so we should have more definitive pricing details. Which is undoubtedly as critical as the design aspect.

In any case, let's look at realistically what the shoe may look like. As mentioned, it would be a full strap loafer in Mahagony Lama. The pictures below would more or less be the last shape. I would prefer a rounded toe, to make the loafer less formal, however I won't shed a tear if you all rather keep this chiseled appearance.

Screenshot_20200906-150131_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200906-150102_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200906-150242_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200906-150226_Instagram.jpg

The "strap" would resemble Ann's design so it would be on the thicker side versus the thinner variation offered by Winson.
20200906_150355.jpg
20200906_150424.jpg

Considering it is a loafer, I figured a standard square beveled waist should be fine.
20200906_151152.jpg

Saying that, I wouldn't be opposed to a Vibram topy if you guys didn't want a straight leather sole.

More details to follow as they are disclosed to me. Of course, any ideas or suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whose loafers are those in the first picture. And...how are we going to get ours in a last like that?

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know exactly what leather those loafers (in the first pic, again) are on?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know exactly what leather those loafers (in the first pic, again) are on?

Looks like Ring Mark lizard. Which has that different texture appearance to it compared to standard Lizard or Iguana. It tends to be more expensive due to having to match up similar design and pattern.

Last edited:

evangel21

Reaction score
I just received word from Emil. He would prefer to do a GMTO, so all the shoes to be made in the same design, construction and similar details etc.etc. Will try to convince him of the benefits of making this a MTO (garners more interest when guys can do what they wish). If not and this speaks to @acapaca query, you may incur a MTO fee of some sort plus additional fees for a different colored leather to be brought in.

Additionally, he will inquire the price of the actual piece of leather, so we should have more definitive pricing details. Which is undoubtedly as critical as the design aspect.

In any case, let's look at realistically what the shoe may look like. As mentioned, it would be a full strap loafer in Mahagony Lama. The pictures below would more or less be the last shape. I would prefer a rounded toe, to make the loafer less formal, however I won't shed a tear if you all rather keep this chiseled appearance.

View attachment 1453884 View attachment 1453881 View attachment 1453882 View attachment 1453883

The "strap" would resemble Ann's design so it would be on the thicker side versus the thinner variation offered by Winson.
View attachment 1453887 View attachment 1453888

Considering it is a loafer, I figured a standard square beveled waist should be fine.
View attachment 1453890
Saying that, I wouldn't be opposed to a Vibram topy if you guys didn't want a straight leather sole.

More details to follow as they are disclosed to me. Of course, any ideas or suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

I'm cool with the full strap loafers. Love that design and would want this.
The aurora last would be nice for this pair of loafers.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I remember it was mentioned in a conversation I had with Emil about a Bespoke last and the upgraded internals, although I don't recall the cost. Would you mind sharing the price range for the last? Happen to know the upgrade fee for the Baker internals @boot_owl?

I believe that would be especially useful information for anyone interested in a black captoe or a highly upgraded shoe. For a loafer, mmmmm I'm not so much a stickler for the finest meats and cheeses, especially at this price point ?.

bakers upgrades are free if you source the components yourself ;) and they can be found at AACrack. Keep in mind indonesian customs takes about a 30% cut.

He’s currently considering an e-spoke last program that will probably end up running sub $500 usd, but that ones on the back burner in the face of a major project he’s working on involving the end of regular line Winson ;)

View attachment 1453884 View attachment 1453881 View attachment 1453882 View attachment 1453883

View attachment 1453890

I think part of the beauty of the Ann loafer is how the wider strap shortened the vamp, which stopped the chisel toe from looking elongated. Usually I’m not a fan of chisel toe loafers but this effect balances the look IMO.

4CBD0106-F6FD-45D2-AC21-66A8656F3F67.jpeg

If we look at the details, I believe the short vamp, thicker apron, and square ended apron toe together to create a cohesive look that I would love to achieve. I think this style works best with a rounded beveled waist and blind welt, as it’s not a particularly casual loafer.

I would be interested to see what the cost would be for multiple single MTOs sharing leather vs a GMTO. I can’t imagine it would be all that significant, especially if we don’t all agree on the vision

bsarosi

Reaction score
I can get behind the full strap loafer if we have to go the route of GMTO for same model. I’d lean towards the Aurora last (elongated almond toe) but fine with the chiseled last.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I can get behind the full strap loafer if we have to go the route of GMTO for same model. I’d lean towards the Aurora last (elongated almond toe) but fine with the chiseled last.

aurora is a chisel toe FYI. His almond toe last is Kirin, but is probably not great for a loafer

bsarosi

Reaction score
aurora is a chisel toe FYI. His almond toe last is Kirin, but is probably not great for a loafer

Isn’t the Aurora the burgundy penny loafer in the photos posted above? Looks like an elongated almond toe like GG DG70 but if it’s chisele, that’s fine. That’s my preferred last for the loafer.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm cool with the full strap loafers. Love that design and would want this.
The aurora last would be nice for this pair of loafers.

Well those Winson loafers are of the Aurora last. So that is the way I'm leaning at the moment, only because I haven't seen a round that would mimic the effect the Almond has going on.

bakers upgrades are free if you source the components yourself ;) and they can be found at AACrack. Keep in mind indonesian customs takes about a 30% cut.

He’s currently considering an e-spoke last program that will probably end up running sub $500 usd, but that ones on the back burner in the face of a major project he’s working on involving the end of regular line Winson ;)

I think part of the beauty of the Ann loafer is how the wider strap shortened the vamp, which stopped the chisel toe from looking elongated. Usually I’m not a fan of chisel toe loafers but this effect balances the look IMO.

View attachment 1454049

If we look at the details, I believe the short vamp, thicker apron, and square ended apron toe together to create a cohesive look that I would love to achieve. I think this style works best with a rounded beveled waist and blind welt, as it’s not a particularly casual loafer.

I would be interested to see what the cost would be for multiple single MTOs sharing leather vs a GMTO. I can’t imagine it would be all that significant, especially if we don’t all agree on the vision

I would agree about the rounded beveled waist, but I'd skip the blind welt only to attempt to make it lean towards a smarter look and less formal. So the wider strap would still achieve the duty of shortening the vamp, yet flow into the rounded toe shape. Coupling the round waist with the rounder toe should come together harmoniously. As mentioned though, I don't see a rounded toe that works as desired so next would be the almond toe.

Ideally, I just want a smart to smart casual loafer.

AndyNic

Reaction score

View attachment 1453890

May I enquire as to the brand/maker and leather type of the burgandy coloured shoe you refer to as 'Ann'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads