• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winson / Midas Vanquish Derby Boot on the Marlyn last. A combination of Maryam toscanello horsebutt & dark brown Utah on a Ridgeway sole.

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg
IMG_2063.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2075.jpg
IMG_2076.jpg
IMG_2077.jpg
IMG_2080.jpg
IMG_2081.jpg
IMG_2083.jpg
IMG_2085.jpg
IMG_2087.jpg
IMG_2088.jpg
IMG_2093.jpg
IMG_2094.jpg
IMG_2095.jpg
IMG_2097.jpg
IMG_2099.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stunning boots!

Say, if anyone here would be interested in having something made by Winson in the dark brown pingrain leather, please let me know. I want to order the ankle boots in that material, and Emil said he's happy to do it but it takes two pair of shoes or boots to order the leather.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stunning boots!

Say, if anyone here would be interested in having something made by Winson in the dark brown pingrain leather, please let me know. I want to order the ankle boots in that material, and Emil said he's happy to do it but it takes two pair of shoes or boots to order the leather.
What kind of ankle boot? Side zip? Wholecut?

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it needs to be 2 of the same model, just 2 different orders of the same upper to justify ordering in the hide
Yep!

I hope it's okay to post pics that aren't mine, but here are some shots that a Mr RS posted in the Emerging Shoe Brands Facebook group. I believe these are the same as, or very close to, a pair Emil made a year or two ago for ThunderMarch. I just think they look incredible! I've been eager to order the same makeup for myself but have held off out of uncertainty about the lasts. But yes, Emil said he could order the leather to use for any two pair of shoes or boots.
Winson3.jpg
Winson5.jpg Winson4.jpg Winson2.jpg Winson1.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep!

I hope it's okay to post pics that aren't mine, but here are some shots that a Mr RS posted in the Emerging Shoe Brands Facebook group. I believe these are the same as, or very close to, a pair Emil made a year or two ago for ThunderMarch. I just think they look incredible! I've been eager to order the same makeup for myself but have held off out of uncertainty about the lasts. But yes, Emil said he could order the leather to use for any two pair of shoes or boots. View attachment 1602240 View attachment 1602238 View attachment 1602239 View attachment 1602241 View attachment 1602242
I was actually thinking the exact same boot! That Kirin last is exquisite

boot_owl

Reaction score
Yep!

I hope it's okay to post pics that aren't mine, but here are some shots that a Mr RS posted in the Emerging Shoe Brands Facebook group. I believe these are the same as, or very close to, a pair Emil made a year or two ago for ThunderMarch. I just think they look incredible! I've been eager to order the same makeup for myself but have held off out of uncertainty about the lasts. But yes, Emil said he could order the leather to use for any two pair of shoes or boots. View attachment 1602240 View attachment 1602238 View attachment 1602239 View attachment 1602241 View attachment 1602242

I think it looks fantastic as a wholecut boot or even a regular chukka, in a round toe last like Kirin or Marlyn

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there ever any traction with the lama loafer? If there is a benefit, going GMTO route that would be nice!
That I don't know about. And I guess I tend to think a GMTO might be a long shot. But if you're up for making something in that pingrain leather, I'm ready to jump in and order with you! I'm really excited to try Winson for the first time.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That I don't know about. And I guess I tend to think a GMTO might be a long shot. But if you're up for making something in that pingrain leather, I'm ready to jump in and order with you! I'm really excited to try Winson for the first time.
Yes, I'm game and in the same boat. Let us know about the GMTO as an option as it looks like we may have 3 right off the bat. Right @deez shoes ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads