• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2010

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blazers, ventile jackets, shorts and button down polos are wins for me. However, the best piece of the season IMO is the goretex chambray parka.
WI-4039-Waterproof-Chambray-Mountain-Parka1.jpg

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with those chambray and gingham hoodies....are they more like jackets? Or cotton?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Needs more pockets.

I'm sure it's functional, but I'm not feeling that piece, along with most of this workwear-inspired stuff W+H has been doing.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a whole I think this is a step in the right direction for the brand. I like the split into Archive and Research. The concept of S/S 09 was good, but the fit on some of the key pieces i.e. the outerwear was off.

F/W 09 was a really strong collection for them and I think S/S 10 continues that trend. I'm usually not a huge fan of spring collections--but this looks like good stuff.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Needs more pockets. I'm sure it's functional, but I'm not feeling that piece, along with most of this workwear-inspired stuff W+H has been doing.
What needs more pockets? The parka? Seems pretty much like a standard parka if you ask me. I don't think Wings + Horns has really been doing much of any workwear inspired stuff...so I'm not sure what you are referring to. If anything--they have been more military inspired. A couple of pieces are probably borderline workwear--I'd say they are more a reflection of their Canadian roots.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Looks completely boring to me, guess I'll just keep grabbing pieces from previous collections when I can and look forward to next Fall. I hope they're holding back some of the stronger pieces.

The light goretex chambray jacket is completely over-designed and looks like a collaboration with Apolis or something, ugh.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a step down from what they've been doing, considering how strong their FW09 collection was. You can definitely see some workwear inspired pieces that I'm sure some people are happy to see. I've always liked W+H for their basics and that still remains. I might pick up a tee or crew sweatshirt, but probably no more than that. Shame.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Looks completely boring to me, guess I'll just keep grabbing pieces from previous collections when I can and look forward to next Fall. I hope they're holding back some of the stronger pieces.

The light goretex chambray jacket is completely over-designed and looks like a collaboration with Apolis or something, ugh.

The parka or something else?

Mountains

Reaction score
I can't say anything stands out to me. I might buy a few basics, perhaps, but those can be found under any label.

mr bunbury

Reaction score
I loved S/S 09 and this looks great too. I think I'll be picking this up:
WI-4034-Ventile-Field-Mac-Coat1.jpg
. . . along with some of the polos and the khaki shorts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics