Wings + Horns S/S 2010

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by adamha21, Jan 6, 2010.

1. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

the red oxford s/s is interesting. I wonder if there'll be a l/s version

2. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

[​IMG]

would you actually wear either of these to any sort of event where social interaction (with humans) happens? doubt it.
    would you kill nazis while wearing it? probably not.
    would you wear it while chopping wood on your farm on a rainy day? yes
    Survey says: "workwear"

3. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

hardly looks workwear

looks totally like westcoast rainwear to me...which is basically what it is. not a fan of this collection as a whole - might combo nice with other stuff though. it is definitely very vancouver, though. cool shorts, though

4. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I think it's a step down from what they've been doing, considering how strong their FW09 collection was.
    I really don't understand this. It's all the same basics from f/w in lighter materials + updates of everything from last s/s + warm weather equivalents of the heavy coats. If anything it's a step sideways. Or forward rather. But not up or down. What did f/w09 have that this is missing? And what looks anything near "workwear" other than that parka? The next closest thing is the chambray hoodie. And I don't see either as very close. It all seems more J. Crew than anything.

5. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

hardly looks workwear

looks totally like westcoast rainwear to me...which is basically what it is. not a fan of this collection as a whole - might combo nice with other stuff though. it is definitely very vancouver, though. cool shorts, though

That's what I was thinking. West coast outerwear.

6. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

would you actually wear either of these to any sort of event where social interaction (with humans) happens? doubt it.
    would you kill nazis while wearing it? probably not.
    would you wear it while chopping wood on your farm on a rainy day? yes
    Survey says: "workwear"

Survey says I definitely wouldn't wear that while chopping wood on a rainy day. Have you ever chopped wood in your life?

7. snake

snake Senior member

I really don't understand this. It's all the same basics from f/w in lighter materials + updates of everything from last s/s + warm weather equivalents of the heavy coats. If anything it's a step sideways. Or forward rather. But not up or down. What did f/w09 have that this is missing?
    I just don't see the kind of standout pieces here that FW09 had. The chambray jacket/vest, Mk2, cowichan ect. SS collections generally don't wow me as much as FW collections, but most of what I'm seeing right now can be had from other designers. Nothing here that distinctively says W+H besides the basics.

8. Listi

Listi Senior member

Damn, I was really hoping for something less boring. I like this: http://blog.rodengray.com/wp-content...rt-Jacket1.jpg Looks like a fun little number for a windy day, not sure what the hell you'd pair it with though. The white and red gingham collar polo is cool as well, if I see some over the summer I might cop. Their thing seems to be pockets on the outside of the fabric, I don't really like that a whole lot. It's good on hoodies and such, but when it's on your pants and jackets and every single thing, too much for me.

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I think what makes it stand out is the fabrics used. Fall was the same way. The chambray with goretex properties and the ventile cotton in particular.

10. garmis

garmis Senior member

I love the collection. Definitely going to need a polo and some shorts in my life this spring. I wonder how slim the shorts will fit though? I'm hoping for a relaxed fit at least on the fleece or chambray pairs.

11. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

hardly looks workwear

it seems its the seasons trend (as far as the BoO , EG etc. brands)

and by seasons trends i mean west coast surfer ish + workwear-ish

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Not a single piece that interests me, but S/S rarely does.

13. theom-

theom- Senior member

14. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

I'm surprised by the lack of enthusiasm for the s/s lineup. I'm glad to see that they fixed the oxfords - last season they had this weird curve at the bottom of the placket that made the shirt look awkward imo. F/z terry hoodies look good to me. From the "Reseach" line, I like the plaid b/d, the chambray and cargo shorts, and the polos. I thought everyone would be digging the ventile field pant and the gingham f/z but maybe I just have weird taste (or am too much of a W+H fanboy)

15. garmis

garmis Senior member

W+H should re-release the chambray vest from FW09--it's just that great. I loves mine!