• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wings+horns F/W 2012

FG31

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with W+H tees? Are they worth the price, how's the cut for them, etc.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like mine - got them on slight discount a couple seasons ago. They're pretty fitted and have held up pretty well.

Last edited:

J BAILEY

Reaction score
If anyone has either of these pieces, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. Particularly wondering how slim they fit, but any general comments would be great.

Military Service Jacket:

Military Pinpoint Oxford:

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with W+H tees? Are they worth the price, how's the cut for them, etc.

They are high quality.

But I overall preferred the quality of the Naked & Famous Tees for about the same retail price or less.
The Wings Horns Tees did not stand up to washes and wears as well as the NF Tees.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
They are high quality.
But I overall preferred the quality of the Naked & Famous Tees for about the same retail price or less.
The Wings Horns Tees did not stand up to washes and wears as well as the NF Tees.
What happened to your w+h tees, and how long did you have them?

Fashion Fan

Reaction score
Yeah, I was happy to get the hunting sweater for 50 off plus the 10 off SF discount at roden gray :)

I'am now forever jealous! J/k. How is it, what do you tihnk of it in terms of fit, quality, warmth, I was still a bit hestitant about the price even at half off but now I regret it.

Gmas

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to somewhere that has the brown/oatmeal Hunting sweater in a Medium? Bought the charcoal and really like it and would love to grab the other colour. Feel like I've checked everywhere online though. Thx :)

dhaduca

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to somewhere that has the brown/oatmeal Hunting sweater in a Medium? Bought the charcoal and really like it and would love to grab the other colour. Feel like I've checked everywhere online though. Thx
smile.gif

http://uncleotis.com/?proId=44002&gid=7422&pstart=1&sortBy=&_UserReference=B3A429D59F9E0E1250ECA2F7

Fashion Fan

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to somewhere that has the brown/oatmeal Hunting sweater in a Medium? Bought the charcoal and really like it and would love to grab the other colour. Feel like I've checked everywhere online though. Thx
smile.gif
Wings and Horns website has it in Medium. Full price unfortnately. 'm looking for a charocal one in large on sale . How do you like the sweater overall in terms of fit, fabric, quality, overall appeal?

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered the quilted shirt in charcoal in both S and XS. I could potentially sell you whichever one doesn't work out instead of returning it. I've heard they run pretty large, so if you're normally an S you might want an XS.

Where is the quilted shirt in charcoal size small?

Gmas

Reaction score

That's the Ombre. I'm looking for the Hunting sweater that's solid in color with the leather elbow patches. Appreciate your trying to help though for sure.

Wings and Horns website has it in Medium. Full price unfortnately. 'm looking for a charocal one in large on sale . How do you like the sweater overall in terms of fit, fabric, quality, overall appeal?

When you click on the medium on the W+H site is says out of stock...I think it's been that way for a bit now. AmRag had it for 30% off a couple weeks ago and I rolled the dice it would go on deeper.

As for the sweater itself, I love it. Quite thick, but the fit is great. Didn't think I'd like the zip, but ended up really digging it. If you've never tried one on, I found they fit quite big IMO. I'm a large in most W+H tops and outerwear and a medium in this fit perfect....plus these types of sweaters are known to stretch out a bit.

Last edited:

mreggen

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Haven here, or know someone who works there?
I ordered the w+h high tops and some other cheap w+h stuff from them in the sale. For some reason they split the order into 2 parcels. 1 parcel arrived a week ago.
Today Haven email me saying the other parcel have been returned to them.

"Please confirm this is the correct address. If you were still interested in the purchase we will invoice you for the reshipping fee. If not we can simply refund you for the order. Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Trevor "

How is it fair that I pay double shipping for this? It is obviously the correct address since 1 parcel arrived.

El QUaG

Reaction score

Anyone have experience with Haven here, or know someone who works there?
I ordered the w+h high tops and some other cheap w+h stuff from them in the sale. For some reason they split the order into 2 parcels. 1 parcel arrived a week ago.
Today Haven email me saying the other parcel have been returned to them.

"Please confirm this is the correct address. If you were still interested in the purchase we will invoice you for the reshipping fee. If not we can simply refund you for the order. Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Trevor "

How is it fair that I pay double shipping for this? It is obviously the correct address since 1 parcel arrived.

Stock online is sometimes separated between their two stores and are shipped via two parcels for this reason. I am guessing the additional "reshipping" fee is due to the return of one of the parcel which for whatever reason was not delivered to you.

I would ask Trevor, who has been quite fair in my dealings with him in the past, to reconsider this additional reshipping charge and to cite failure of delivery for reasons beyond your control (ie. blame the courier company).

leeba

Reaction score
Button fell off my camo shirt after a single wash on delicate. Cool. Guess I"ll have my tailor fix it since the fit in the lower half wasn't working for me anyways but still...

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my experience W+H pieces (especially outerwear) have buttons that fall off almost immediately after purchase

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads