• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will KMW 2010 Stretch?

sosoma

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of raw KMW 2010, and unfortunately they weren't as roomy around the thighs as I'd like. These are 33x32, and I'm thinking about sizing up to a 34 - less for the waist than for the potential addition to thigh room. Any thoughts on whether these will stretch appreciably?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KMW is not a notoriously stretchy brand, but all denim will stretch somewhat. I just started wearing my 2010's which I sized down to 30. True waist is 31.5. I think the top block is a much better fit than the 1980. The rise is only slightly higher and the back pockets don't hit halfway down my thighs. I just need to get them taken in from just above the knee down and they will be my new favorite jean.

Have you considered the 1950? From what I remember they were a bit roomier in the top block than the 2010. I just hated the taper so I sent them back to Revolve. 8" hem was not working with my boots.

sosoma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
KMW is not a notoriously stretchy brand, but all denim will stretch somewhat. I just started wearing my 2010's which I sized down to 30. True waist is 31.5. I think the top block is a much better fit than the 1980. The rise is only slightly higher and the back pockets don't hit halfway down my thighs. I just need to get them taken in from just above the knee down and they will be my new favorite jean.

Have you considered the 1950? From what I remember they were a bit roomier in the top block than the 2010. I just hated the taper so I sent them back to Revolve. 8" hem was not working with my boots.

Thanks, I didn't think that I'd seen anything about them stretching a lot. As it stands, the 33 inch waist is ok, and if it stretches out a bit would be great, but the thighs are the problem. I took a look at the 1950s and the thigh on them is apparently even slimmer at the same waist size.

I don't think an 8" hem would work for me either, although the leg opening on the 2010s is kinda large IMO.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was about a year ago I tried the 1950's and I went with 31's at first and the waist was huge. 30 fit fine but the hem issue sucked for me. I think KMW's sizing is really inconsistant. I ordered a 31 and also a 32 in the 1980 and I swear the 32 was like 3 sizes larger than the 31. They'd been worn for a couple weeks and returned. I could tell by the softness of them, so maybe they do stretch when worn really hard.

As far as the hem on these 2010's, I think I'll drop them off at the Tailor Saturday and get them taken in to 8.5 or so. The knee is way too wide also. If I were you, I'd hang on to the 33's and beat them into submission. Or try exchanging for another pair of 33's to see if there's a variation in sizing. I think a 34 will be too big in the waist.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of 2010s in my true waist size, and they'll probably end up in the Buying and Selling forum shortly. They're just too tight around the thighs, especially the upper part. Definitely not as roomy as I was expecting, and they don't seem to be stretching at all.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sosoma
I took a look at the 1950s and the thigh on them is apparently even slimmer at the same waist size.

Yeah, I tried on a pair of (size 30) 1950s and 2010s at Denim Bar a few weeks back. The 1950 is slimmer, especially in the thigh area (but not by much). I ended up taking the 1950s home with me. I'm a true size 32 FWIW.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sosoma,
If you feel the thighs are too tight, don't go up in the waist. If you have to completely discard KMW from your wardrobe, so be it. Just don't go up in sizes to accomodate the thighs and end up with a baggy block. You're destroying the fit that way.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
above is correct.

All denim will stretch to a degree. cotton is a fiber and stretch's like a muscle.
Why dont you take a picture and post it so we can see.
SOme people like a loser fit in that case do a 1950 or switch to prps.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar

lol8[1].gif

Hey, just because some of us have legs larger than chopsticks...

sosoma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar
above is correct.

All denim will stretch to a degree. cotton is a fiber and stretch's like a muscle.
Why dont you take a picture and post it so we can see.

Nice try - I'm not giving you a photo to salivate over!

But seriously, thanks for your input. I already sent the 2010s back for the larger waist size otherwise I may actually have done this. I'll keep close attention to the upper block fit, but the 33's weren't exactly loose around the waist, so I'm hoping the 34 isn't a major difference.

Honestly, my wife is still scarred at seeing me try to break in a pair of 32x32 RB6s (which I'll be playing in the Selling Forum soon), so I need to err on the side of "loser" fit. Heh.

sosoma

Reaction score
All - just wanted to give a shout out to the Denim Bar, for hooking me up with a pair of Baggy Bjorns in dry selvage. Lucky for me there were a pair of 31x32s tucked away on one of their shelves. They fit perfect and are precisely what I was looking for (even if I didn't know it).

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you nixed KMW in favor of Nudie? I just got my 2010's back from the tailor where they did a great job taking the hem down to about 8.3". I have to take them back though, since they only took the knee in to around 8.75" and I wanted them to remain a true straightleg. After over a year of fighting with various KMW cuts and sizes I'm so close to having the perfect fitting pair.

sosoma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
So you nixed KMW in favor of Nudie? I just got my 2010's back from the tailor where they did a great job taking the hem down to about 8.3". I have to take them back though, since they only took the knee in to around 8.75" and I wanted them to remain a true straightleg. After over a year of fighting with various KMW cuts and sizes I'm so close to having the perfect fitting pair.

Yeah I neglected to mention that as others had warned previously, sizing up in the waist on the KMW 2010s to make the thighs bigger just made it awkward all around. The calves were really too baggy, the thighs fit somewhat better, but the top was awful - looked like I was wearing a barrel since the 34 waist was just way too big all around.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and taking in the waist on high $ jeans is a no-no. I think the 2010 is a slimmer cut in the top block than most people realize. I sized down one and they're far from being baggy; much slimmer than my two pair of 5ep LDB in the same size.

rattle104

Reaction score
I have had my KMW 2010s for two months now. I wear 35/36 in the waist normally and i have some big thighs. I sized down to a 34. The day i got them i barely was able to button them at all. I flashbacked to the scene out of "Dazed and Confused" where a girl is putting on jeans so tight she has lay on the bed and her friend uses pliers to zip up the jeans. Ha!

Anyway, after four or five wears they stretched out and now after 40 wears or so they fit perfectly. They will definitely stretch. They weren't at all comfortable the first couple of days, now i love the fit. I would recommend everyone size down because they will stretch a decent amount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads