• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why is Harry Windsor dressed so atrociously now?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get you people. Let the man live as he chooses. The amount of hate these two get from small-minded people on the internet is truly baffling to me.

Would I prefer if he wore bespoke? Not intrinsically, but that would help bespoke be more popular.

Personally I don’t get the fascination with them or any of the royals. Certainly not amongst Americans. I mean we already have the Kardashians and a bevy of “Real Housewives” shows.

However, they seem to have chosen this lane on the fame and celebrity highway so I don't feel sorry for them in the least bit.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Personally I don’t get the fascination with them or any of the royals. Certainly not amongst Americans. I mean we already have the Kardashians and a bevy of “Real Housewives” shows.

However, they seem to have chosen this lane on the fame and celebrity highway so I don't feel sorry for them in the least bit.

Maybe they are just two people who love each other? Maybe it is possible that she was just interested in him because she was interested in him and not because he was a royal. I don't think they chose for the tabloids and people on the internet to be as obnoxious to them as they are. As for Harry, he has very much given the impression that he never liked royal life and he certainly didn't choose fame--he was born into it. I think one can argue that he has had very little control over his life and this is why he decided to leave it behind.

As for the interview, yes they did choose that, but perhaps there are good reasons for this. Perhaps their interview will prove productive in the long run in terms. Or perhaps they were simply sick of others saying horrible things about them and wanted to take some control over their own narrative. I mean, if you were slandered in the public eye regularly, wouldn't you accept an interview request to clarify your side of the story?

Stylewords

Reaction score
Maybe they are just two people who love each other? Maybe it is possible that she was just interested in him because she was interested in him and not because he was a royal. I don't think they chose for the tabloids and people on the internet to be as obnoxious to them as they are. As for Harry, he has very much given the impression that he never liked royal life and he certainly didn't choose fame--he was born into it. I think one can argue that he has had very little control over his life and this is why he decided to leave it behind.

As for the interview, yes they did choose that, but perhaps there are good reasons for this. Perhaps their interview will prove productive in the long run in terms. Or perhaps they were simply sick of others saying horrible things about them and wanted to take some control over their own narrative. I mean, if you were slandered in the public eye regularly, wouldn't you accept an interview request to clarify your side of the story?
Yep, it's good for her brand. That million-dollar lifestyle and celebrity status needs to be maintained.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If Piers Morgan is to be believed, and I have no way to knowing, it was something that was intentional.

As for the accident of birth, you’re right. It was. He can’t help it and perhaps he didn’t like the life, but at the same time he and his bride seemed all too eager to use the “Sussex Royal” brand for commercial gain.

Good luck to them. I’m not their target audience but both seem to have a very strained relationship and self awareness as to why anyone really even cares about them.

By the way, I don’t look like George Clooney or Chris Hemsworth. I was born as I was but learned to live with it.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Yep, it's good for her brand. That million-dollar lifestyle and celebrity status needs to be maintained.

As I said above, I don't understand small-minded people who choose to attack people they have never interacted with who have done nothing to hurt them.

If Piers Morgan is to be believed, and I have no way to knowing, it was something that was intentional.

As for the accident of birth, you’re right. It was. He can’t help it and perhaps he didn’t like the life, but at the same time he and his bride seemed all too eager to use the “Sussex Royal” brand for commercial gain.

Good luck to them. I’m not their target audience but both seem to have a very strained relationship and self awareness as to why anyone really even cares about them.

By the way, I don’t look like George Clooney or Chris Hemsworth. I was born as I was but learned to live with it.

1) In general, I don't think he is to be trusted. 2) She didn't seem eager. According to her interview she wasn't really allowed to leave the house, or to seek mental health treatment when she was suicidal. This doesn't really seem like someone who is just trying to make a profit. This seems like someone who felt trapped. If someone says that they were suicidal and this is why they are making life changes, maybe the first instinct shouldn't be to say that the person is just trying to turn a profit. 3) Comparing not being the most handsome with having your mother essentially killed by paparazzi and anyone you try to have a relationship with being attacked is a bit strained.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1615223336852.png

CWL317

Reaction score
Edward VIII was famous for his influential fashion sense and trendsetting.

But he married an American divorcee and was frozen out of the Royal family. ?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I said above, I don't understand small-minded people who choose to attack people they have never interacted with who have done nothing to hurt them.

1) In general, I don't think he is to be trusted. 2) She didn't seem eager. According to her interview she wasn't really allowed to leave the house, or to seek mental health treatment when she was suicidal. This doesn't really seem like someone who is just trying to make a profit. This seems like someone who felt trapped. If someone says that they were suicidal and this is why they are making life changes, maybe the first instinct shouldn't be to say that the person is just trying to turn a profit. 3) Comparing not being the most handsome with having your mother essentially killed by paparazzi and anyone you try to have a relationship with being attacked is a bit strained.

His mother didn’t exactly seek to eschew the spotlight with her selection of her next male suitor. She wasn’t killed the by paparazzi. She was killed because of the unprofessionalism of Dodi’s driver.

As for Megan Markle’s claims, they are what they are. She chose the life.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Scratch that. You've just said Piers Morgan is not to be trusted.

I am making a judgment based on a track record, not assuming bad intentions without much cause. There is a difference between the two. People are going on here to bash someone for the sake of doing that. I don't bash Piers Morgan for the sake of bashing him. A piece of information was put forward and evaluating that piece of information depended on evaluating the reliability of the person putting that information forward.

No. I don't bash people I don't know who have no effect on my life for the sole purpose of doing just that. There are public figures I may bash who have an effect on my life (e.g. Presidents), but I don't bash just to bash.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saying you don't trust someone's reporting or opinion seems very different from using invectives.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
His mother didn’t exactly seek to eschew the spotlight with her selection of her next male suitor. She wasn’t killed the by paparazzi. She was killed because of the unprofessionalism of Dodi’s driver.

As for Megan Markle’s claims, they are what they are. She chose the life.

There is a question of whether she did actually choose the life. Choosing a life implies knowing what that life is. I am not sure she knew what she was getting herself into. I don't really think most of us choose our lives, though we do exercise control of them and can sometimes correct when we make bad decisions. Life involves creatively responding to the situation you are in. I think Harry and Meghan are trying to do just that. Neither of them fully chose their lives, but they are trying to exercise control over their lives. You can say they have made bad decisions and that is fine, but I'd ask that you try not to assume the worst in people.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Saying you don't trust someone's reporting or opinion seems very different from using invectives.
The issue was whether we could make a negative value judgment about a person we have never met. Fortunately, we all seem to agree that this is possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads