• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darks0ulz
Sorry, but you do sound like a douche. I understand that people may be ignorant about sartorial matters, but that's not a reason to be condescending and rude. It's not helping them when you raise your voice at them...

facepalm.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Class
C: I'm sorry i had no idea. Ok, well how about a solid grey, solid navy, and a pinstripe grey.

At this point I couldn't help but laugh straight in his face.
M: I'm sorry, sir. I wasn't aware your new job was the mafia. Everyone knows only gangsters wear pinstripes. Are you a gangster?

Started off promising with the 'black suit' part, then fell apart with the pin-stripes. If you're trying to parody the SF groupthink, then you should know that there's nothing wrong with pin-stripes, it's only chalk-stripe than can (possibly) look gangster-like.

Still, I think you achieved your goal, and I give you 8/10 for effort
teacha.gif

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Started off promising with the 'black suit' part, then fell apart with the pin-stripes. If you're trying to parody the SF groupthink, then you should know that there's nothing wrong with pin-stripes, it's only chalk-stripe than can (possibly) look gangster-like.

teacha.gif

Everybody's a critic...

smile.gif

soxpats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
I believe that his post was intended as sarcasm in response to the more douchy posts in this thread

I thought that was obvious. But I guess not.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum

teacha.gif

Best SF Parody Post Ever...I still remember it 5 years later:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...light=werewolf

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of these customer stories sound perfectly believable from folks living in middle America.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
All of these customer stories sound perfectly believable from folks living in middle America.

The incidents of ignorance from persons in Middle America is no match for the rudeness of people on the coasts.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
The incidents of ignorance from persons in Middle America is no match for the rudeness of people on the coasts.

I didn't realize that people in California, Oregon and Washington were known for being rude.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't realize that people in California, Oregon and Washington were known for being rude.

They are compared to New-Yorkers...
laugh.gif

Ammanas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
On a side note. I was wondering. Do the sales people size up a customer by the clothes he's wearing? What comes to your mind when they are wearing the brand of the product you're selling?

I've almost never had someone wearing a suit into the store buy a suit; my workplace is in downtown, about 2 blocks from the state capitol, so we get a lot of government foot traffic. These guys poke around and leave and are generally uninterested in interaction.

If you're younger and casually dressed, you're probably there for an occassion suit - interview, wedding, funeral. A fairly easy and simple sale, willing to be helped and easy-going. I like those guys.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SuitMyself
None. A lot of of people of Middle Eastern extraction always tend to ask for discounts and/or think they can bargain for a lower price. That's how they do things back home and they think they can do that here, too.

There aren't a lot of Arabs in my town, but there are a lot of South Asians. Occassionally a bit pungent - all those spices exude from their pores - but generally friendly. They're great customers because they tend to have a lot of social gatherings and they like to dress. I've had a few that give you the hard stare and expect a discount for wanting it but they annoy me less than the number of them that buy suit seperates and return them worn.

Most of the time the garment is clean but clearly worn, i.e. visible crotch wrinkles, tags resewn on (gotta give them credit for trying). I've tried telling them they can't return the items as they are clearly not in new condition, but managers will come and give them whatever they want, so I just return the item as damaged, which hurts the SA's numbers but doesn't remove the commission earned on the sale.

Oh, and to the guy who had to pick up tampons from the fitting rooms: I've had that twice (at different place of employ), used condoms, and two trails of liquid **** from the entrance to the toilet.

GreatHighway

Reaction score
back when i was delivering pizzas in my teenage years i had one lady customer who only ordered a free soup from a coupon. nothing else. and she didnt tip. and she lived in a huge house. lousy hole

Ammanas

Reaction score
A homeless man came in, bought a couple hundred dollars worth of casual attire with cash from an envelope(weird!), and the dicks in the front of the store told him to come use my fitting room to change out of his hobo rags. He smelled very, very unpleasant. I'm not a jerk so I smiled when he mumbled what he wanted and said "sure, pick whatever room you'd like".

He's in there for a good twenty minutes, and his stench is actually wafting from the stall he's in to my register, around two corners and a couple dozen feet. It's slow so hes not messing anything up for other customers, but the stink - old cheese, chicken soup and mayonaisse left out in the sun, and greasy beard - is going to linger. I left my friend/co-worker know how bad it is so she, being very ingenious, heads off to the fragrance counter.

She comes back with a sample spray - D&G Light Blue i think - and proceeds to walk up and down the fitting rooms spraying the stuff into their air, actually stopping in front of his fitting room and just dousing it through the slatted door! A bit later the man comes out, shuffles over to me, and mumbles "mmmrr mrr derr someone in there sprayed frangrance ermm all over". I hope he turned his life around with his Lacoste polo and new Levis. The smell was gone in a couple of hours haha

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are rude as hell in LA. I am not sure about Oregon and Washington...can one truly be rude when groovin' on some amazing doobage?

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreatHighway

back when i was delivering pizzas in my teenage years i had one lady customer who only ordered a free soup from a coupon. nothing else. and she didnt tip. and she lived in a huge house. lousy hole

I really really really really want to say something about this woman but I don't dare for fear of being banned from the forum--and from society in general.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics