• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes the world's best bedsheets?

atr35

Reaction score
Hotel Collection..PERIOD.

Good discount if you get when Macy's have a sale and because of the price.

Last edited:

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm partial toward Bellino, Anichini, and Frette bedsheets. They are pricey though and retail for over $1000 for a basic set, but can occasionally be found on sale for 50% off.

I didn't read through every post in this thread, but if it wasn't mentioned previously, I've found that true 300-400 thd count is often better than true 500-600 thd count (by true I mean not double woven with artificially inflated counts). The true 500+ count sheets I have tend to be too dense and non-conforming.

Newo

Reaction score
Ugh, all of these product recommendations from people with single digit post counts aren't very reassuring. Sadly I don't think I'm ready to take Drew's word for splurging on $1200 sheets.

gibicaseba

Reaction score
I don't know. After a certain level of quality is reached, ****** has a problem telling the difference

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Speaking of, last night was our first in a new set of cotton percale sheets from Parachute. I read an article in the Wall Street Journal a few months back and decided to give these a try. 8 weeks later they just arrived from Italy and I'm very pleased. $200 for a queen set.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Speaking of, last night was our first in a new set of cotton percale sheets from Parachute. I read an article in the Wall Street Journal a few months back and decided to give these a try. 8 weeks later they just arrived from Italy and I'm very pleased. $200 for a queen set.

Nothing besides 3 shades of white?

For whatever reason, I can't convince myself to buy white sheets for home...****'s gonna get stained something nasty. Otherwise that parachute stuff looks nice.

edit: Ok, looking on a better screen, the powder color looks more blue...I might be able to swing that way, although it won't match my current selection of duvet covers (and I prefer a patterned duvet)

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wirecutter rates LL Bean's 280 threadcount percale sheets very highly. Sold out of the colors that interest me, but I might pick up a fitted sheet and try them out.

Newo

Reaction score

Wirecutter rates LL Bean's 280 threadcount percale sheets very highly. Sold out of the colors that interest me, but I might pick up a fitted sheet and try them out.

I've heard good things. Prices certainly don't break the bank.

chiggah

Reaction score
Not sure if this is right thread but....

Looking for new linens

Whats good ?

Will need to order from USA/EU/AU as my country dont have many choices for Supima cotton which is probably what im going for. Not baller enough for egyptian... so looking at similar alternatives like Supima, Percale

Looking for pillows too...go for silk ? I've seen bamboo cotton around..

Anyone have links to good reputable shops or brands ? Read that 'Pratesi' and 'Frette' is up there and i dont mind spending a bit more for good linen

TLDR; I dont need expensive linens or whatever the Ritz Carlton uses. I just need something nice and good quality for regular person. Budget i guess around $100-200. Can stretch to $300

Last edited:

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matouk makes some good sheets too.

I just got as set of Dea linen for $300 (fitted, flat and pillow). It was on sale though.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've heard good things. Prices certainly don't break the bank.

Not sure if this is right thread but....

Looking for new linens

Whats good ?

Will need to order from USA/EU/AU as my country dont have many choices for Supima cotton which is probably what im going for. Not baller enough for egyptian... so looking at similar alternatives like Supima, Percale

Update:
The LL Bean got the 280-Thread-Count Pima Cotton Percale sheets were back in stock in the color I wanted so I picked up a fitted sheet.

I like it and would happily buy more. Only complaint is that I can't get a duvet cover that I like in the same fabric...I don't want a solid color and their patterns are all either super girly or are on a white background (and that seems like it is just asking for unsightly stains).

A full queen set would run about $250 (solid fitted, flat, 2 pilowcases, and a comforter cover) which should fit in @chiggah's budget...especially if you catch them when they are on sale. If you already have a duvet cover you like, that chops off a $100, or if you don't use a flat sheet, you can chop off $55.

LinEnC

Reaction score
I'm thrilled with Libeco - very high quality linen that's soft and Made in Belgium.

I suppose it's priced okay especially when compared to other Belgian linen that's not made in Belgium. Although, I still wish it was less expensive

Still, I can't see how linen can get better than this. Very excited to find out about this company.

teddi

Reaction score
Prefer sateen weave for the smoothness and there's a recent trend on tencell/lyocell sheets.

Threadcounts are usually inflated (read up on the single ply-yarn and Multi-ply yarns..

Tried HyggeB sheets (seems like a new boutique) and really liked it. Anyone have any reviews on brooklinen?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads