• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if this qualifies as good taste, though it's rather monochrome and I wish I'd have picked different socks (something like birdseye navy). Shirt is light blue.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think its lovely. the ties comes up as different shades in the two pics, which one is more true to life? i hope the full fit pic, cuz it all looks better in that one.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think its lovely. the ties comes up as different shades in the two pics, which one is more true to life? i hope the full fit pic, cuz it all looks better in that one.
It's somewere in between. Not as saturated/dark as the full pic, and not as desaturated/bright as the detail pic.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is something that was posted recently in WAYWRN, but if I may I'd like to repost it here as I did not get any feedback. The reason I want some feedback is because I do not usually wear combinations with such bright colors like this and I am wondering if it is within the bounds of good taste as I am considering wearing something close to this to a wedding.

Last edited:

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not the eponymous owner of this thread but in my opinion, that doesnt work at all. Not a fan of that tie but the PS is the real problem. I could see a PS that is bottle green or maybe a burgundy but definitely not that one, the colors are far too bright and dont work with the tie.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not the eponymous owner of this thread but in my opinion, that doesnt work at all. Not a fan of that tie but the PS is the real problem. I could see a PS that is bottle green or maybe a burgundy but definitely not that one, the colors are far too bright and dont work with the tie.

I don't really like burgundy with this brown suit but I am open to trying another green. Thanks for the comment.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fit of the suit isn't too bad, though.
smile.gif

Thanks. I'm not quite happy with the chest but I have to wait to get that fixed.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday....yes the seated photo does not show my PS and the shoes look lighter than they are in real life..
The California sun will do that to shots.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Happy Friday....yes the seated photo does not show my PS and the shoes look lighter than they are in real life..
The California sun will do that to shots.

I like your small pattern sock with a background matching the pant. It looks good with a conservative suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads